What is inflammation?
Inflammation (1) is the signs of the body attempting to protect against dangerous stimuli like damaged cells and irritants, as well as promote healing process. However, when the inflammation if the body get out of the control of immune system, it can contribute to the development of a variety of ailments and diseases, including acne, fever, asthma, celiac diseases, inflammatory bowel diseases, rheumatoid arthritis, heart diseases and other related health problems.
Symptoms of inflammation
Inflammation is categorized as acute or chronic condition. Both of them might share the same symptoms like redness, swollen joints, joint pain, fever, fatigue, headaches, muscle stiffness, and so on.
What cause inflammation?
There are various causes leading to inflammation including physical, biological, chemical and psychological factors:
- Physical injuries, ionizing radiation
- Foreign bodies
To protect your overall health and prevent severe diseases, you’d better take a good care of yourself and control the condition as soon as you notice the symptoms of inflammation. However, it doesn’t mean that you need storage of medicines in your house in case inflammation occurs. You can simply use the powerful materials in nature to not only prevent but also treat the condition of inflammation.
Let’s explore top superfoods for inflammation.
1. Olive oil
Olive oil is believed to have the ability to fight against inflammation in various body parts. This is due to the beneficial elements in olive oil, in which the compound called oleocanthal inhibit the causes of inflammation, including COX-1 and COX-2.
The extra-virgin olive oil is highly recommended to use over the common one as it has the greater impact on inflammation, which leads to diabetes, joint diseases, arthritis or muscle cramps
- Make use of olive oil in culinary
- Warm up some olive oil and use it to gently massage your body
2. Tart Cherries
Many researches have found a connection between the consumption of juice from tart cherries with the improvement of inflammatory condition in various body parts.
- Try to have the juice from tart cherry or fresh fruits at least once a day to minimize the inflammation effect on the body
- If you notice the appearance of side effects like diarrhea, stop using it
Like ginger, turmeric has a great impact on the condition of inflammation as it contains not only anti-inflammatory properties but also powerful antioxidants. In detail, the curcumin in turmeric is able to inhibit various molecules causing inflammation so that the yellow spice can help to reduce the condition in arthritis or muscles sprains
- Add more turmeric into your daily dishes
- Consume turmeric tea or milk 1-2 times a day
- Make a paste of turmeric and sesame oil to apply on the affected areas to ease the symptoms
Gingerol, an element with he anti-inflammatory properties in ginger are the ones that effectively deal with inflammation at cellular levels in body parts. By regularly consuming ginger, you can help yourself reduce the chance getting acute and chromic diseases as well as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis. Also, with people suffering from these severe conditions, ginger also helps to ease the annoying symptoms like swelling and pain.
- Try to add more ginger into your daily diet like consuming ginger tea or using it in culinary
- Massgae the inflammatory areas with ginger oil
Read more Ginger – A Versatile Natural Home Remedy.
Another material that can help you to prevent and treat inflammation is garlic, which possesses sulfur-containing compounds used to prevent inflammation.
To make use of garlic to treat inflammation:
- Eat 2-3 raw garlic cloves that are finely chopped or crushed in the empty stomach
- Add garlic into your daily meal
- Directly apply raw garlic onto the affected areas to reduce the pain and other symptoms
Read more Garlic – The World’s Healthiest Food.
*Disclaim: The effectiveness from applying these natural tips will be depended on the body condition of the applicant.