Table of Contents
If you unfortunately stumble, fall and limbs, bruises can appear due to a hematoma. What do you need to do in this situation? Try our simple methods on how to treat a hematoma so that the blood bruise treatment can be completed quickly.
What is Hematoma?
n daily life activities, we often cannot avoid the unexpected accidents that lead to the most common injuries such as bruises hematoma, swelling, and pain in the face, arms or legs Specification of these bruises and hematoma are that they are not only long-lasting but also can cause swelling and pain, bring a lot of inconvenience to your activities for several days. Moreover, they are disfiguring, especially with women. The bruises on the face, hands often lead to misunderstandings of other people about family troubles   .
What causes Hematoma?
The bruise hematoma is usually caused by collisions, falls, traffic accidents, occupational accidents, and collisions in sports activities (possibly accompanied by massive cuts that must be stitched or bandaged). When injured, the blood vessels can be the rupture, blood escapes and gathers under the skin and form the black blood, also known as subcutaneous hemorrhage. Initially, it has dark purple color. When blood vessels under the skin are damaged, the blood pigment is absorbed, the bruise will become blue  .
Apart from that, the medications of the blood thinner are believed to be part of contributing factors to this problem. Some kinds of medications like Plavix, warfarin, aspirin-containing products can make the ability of clotting from the blood weaken, which can easily result in some damages to your blood vessels and a hematoma at the time. Another supplements or medications that can increase a person’s bleeding tendency include the following:
- Vitamin E
- NSAIDs or non-steroidal and anti-inflammatory drugs
- Ginkgo Biloba
- Garlic supplement.
Patients with several medical conditions are more prone to contracting a hematoma. They consist of:
- Bleeding disorders
- Blood cancer
- Chronic liver diseases
- Low platelet count
- Excessive use of alcohol
Pregnancy is also a contributor to a hematoma. In fact, vaginal bleeding can lead to a hematoma. In case you pass out the blood clots when having a pregnancy, you need to get it checked since it is not a good sign for your fetus. However, during the period of labor or after giving birth, it is normal to witness blood clots in your vagina.
Symptoms of A Hematoma
By reading this article, you can be sure that a hematoma is not a good sign at all. Furthermore, it is necessary to acknowledge some hematoma symptoms to help you know what the next step will be.
Symptoms of a hematoma base on the location. Additionally, they are affected by its size, and near the organs affected. Some of the main signs of a hematoma include:
- Warmth and tenderness
You also need to know other symptoms of each hematoma kind you are suffering from. They are listed as below:
- Subdural Hematoma: a headache, confusion, seizures, and neurological issues (like falling or having difficulties in speaking)
- Epidural Hematoma: weakness, back pain, or loss of bladder and bowel control
- Subungual Hematoma: nail loss, nail pain, nail weakness, and disfiguring nail
- Splenic Hematoma: flank pain and abdominal pain
- Intracranial Hematoma: confusion, seizure, coma, drowsiness, a severe or a sudden headache, a headache followed by neck stiffness, vomiting for over two times within 24 hours
How Is A Hematoma Diagnosed?
Most health experts have stated that it is vital to figure out how a hematoma is diagnosed. It is for finding out proper treatments on how to treat a hematoma.
It is not so difficult to realize a physical hematoma since it displays some kinds of bluish bruises on your skin. A doctor can help you diagnose a hematoma by several following methods:
- A hematoma on the skin like your muscle joints are often diagnosed by a physical exam because naked eyes can see them.
- Generally, there is no special test of blood that is used to check hematomas. Your doctors can recommend a test containing the complete blood count (CBC), chemistry panel, coagulation, and a liver test to get a hematoma checked. It is so important to find out the underlying blood leaking in your blood vessels.
- Doctors can scrutinize the imaging modality for those who are contracting severe hematomas. Plain X- rays can be needed to identify if a bone fracture exits or not. However, patients who have head injuries should need an MRI or CT scans. Additionally, pregnant women might need an ultrasound to define the clots in their vagina.
The Complication of A Hematoma
A hematoma is accompanied by tons of complications. Some of them which are regularly seen as well as observed by health professionals are listed below:
- Inflammation and swelling of your affected
- Higher risk of the infection to another tissues or organs
- Irritation near the organs, muscles or tissues
- Old blood can create a hematoma. There will be no supply of the new blood to your hematoma, and this can lead to the risk of contracting colonization of a hematoma with the bacteria.
How Can We Deal With A Hematoma
In fact, you had better know that not every hematoma is dangerous. This is due to the ability to resolve itself of each hematoma. Superficial hematomas of your soft tissue, skin or muscle can resolve all the time. The beginning firm texture of your blood clot intends to get spongier when your body initially breaks down your blood clot.
Therefore, the fluid can begin draining away, and hematoma shapes can change. For instance, a hematoma can vary from the purplish-blue bruise to brown and yellow. It occurs as the blood chemicals are metabolized step by step. It can help hematomas resolve themselves. For example, as your forehead hematoma triggers bruising under your eyes, it can solve by itself.
However, some severe kinds of hematomas such as epidural, intracranial, and subdural hematomas usually demand the neurosurgical intervention because they need to be immediately stabilized.
How To Treat A Hematoma Naturally and Effectively
If you often have a hematoma and blood bruises for no reason, you should quickly visit your doctor because these could be symptoms of some diseases. When the blood distribution system is not conditioned, you often have a hematoma. Recent studies show that some AIDS patients also have a hematoma and bruises but they do not melt away as normal .
Here are top 30 natural home remedies for how to get rid of a hematoma that you can consider applying to eliminate those hematomas and bruises quickly at home and help you avoid misleading assumption.
1. Roll the Egg
The first handy tips on how to treat a hematoma are eggs. Eggs have a very good effect in the treatment for how to get rid of hematoma and bruise. On the surface of the egg, there have a lot of tiny holes which are little small pipes leading to the heart of gold.
When using this method, you need to boil the egg then roll up quickly on the bruises, and hematoma areas when it is still hot. It will create pressure to suck the black blood into the heart of gold. Keep trying this procedure, and hematoma will disappear quickly.
2. Apply Cold
Ice is one of the very first home remedies for how to treat a hematoma at home that you should think of initially. It not only helps you feel comfortable, relax from pain but also stimulates blood vessel so that they can contract and reduce the risk of swelling. As a result, a bruise will be blurred, and risk will be limited . The cold compress is also one of the natural home remedies for puffy eyes. You can read more at How to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes.
3. Apply Hot
One day after applying the ice method, you should use a hot towel to apply to the hematoma skin areas. It will help to ease blood circulation and speed up the treatment for how to get rid of a hematoma.
Hot compress is also one of the best Home Remedies for Eyelid Cysts.
Some children feel scared because of cold feeling from applying ice, in that case, you should not force your kids. Instead, you can use margarine to apply onto the bruises. Margarine will help limit the risk of swollen wounds. It is an excellent tip on how to treat a hematoma, right?
Use a cabbage leaf to squeeze and get the juice. Use a cotton ball to soak this juice then apply onto the skin bruises. In addition to its ability to reduce bruising, cabbage also contains anti-inflammatory compounds. Cabbage is one of the best tips on how to get rid of a hematoma.
6. Fresh Onion
Onion is not only the ingredients that flavor the dish but also you can use smashed onion to place on the bruised skin. Notice that you should not apply it to an open wound. With the help of onion, the treatment for how to heal a hematoma faster seems much easier.
Parley is very rich in vitamins and can heal wounds and bruises but not an open wound. Take parsley juice to apply on the bruising and hematoma skin areas, and you will know how to treat a hematoma at home easily.
Mustard can dispel blood bruises, which is very helpful in bruise treatment. Just use mustard to apply to the bruised skin and wait for the positive results.
When it comes to a hematoma, don’t forget to mention vinegar. It becomes the best remedy on how to treat a hematoma. Cut a few slices of onions and mix with apple cider vinegar and then apply to the hematoma skin areas. Only a few people know the effectiveness of apple cider vinegar in the treatment of inflammation, swelling and bruising trauma.
Just use a small piece of the cotton ball then soak into apple cider vinegar. Apply the ball directly to the wounds or mix the vinegar with egg white then apply onto the bruise.
10. Vitamin C
Like other treatments, vitamin C is beneficial for those who want to know how to treat a hematoma. It is very helpful in dissolving bruising blood. So, during the time of having bruises, you should add fruits and vegetables, typically citrus fruits such as oranges, tangerines, and grapefruit into the daily diet. The reason is that it will supply your body a diversity of vitamins, especially vitamin C   .
Zinc helps develop healthy cells, heal wounds faster and prevent the swelling. Experts recommend that you should supplement about 50-100 mg of zinc per day. Zinc is an ideal answer on how to treat a hematoma.
Working long in front of the computer, staying up late are the reasons why your eyes appear puffiness or dark circles. Such eyes will undoubtedly cause you to lose confidence when you appear in front of the crowd or hinder you in the makeup. You can learn How to Get Rid of Dark Circles Fast here.
To find the beauty for the “windows of the soul” use cotton to absorb black coffee and apply it to the eyes then relax for about 10 minutes. Note no coffee powder on the eyes because this would be very dangerous.
For other skin areas, use coffee powder to apply to the bruising skin, then bandage for about one hour. Coffee is a very powerful tip on how to get rid of a hematoma at home.
13. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is another one of the best home remedies for how to treat a hematoma faster.
You can take enough amount of coconut oil to apply to the affected skin. The result that coconut oil can bring will satisfy your expectation.
14. Bear Bile
Bear bile is often used to massage the affected skin due to its effectiveness in the bruise treatment. Hence, it is considered as one of the top ways on how to treat a hematoma.
You should dilute the bile before using because the feature of bile is very high. If you use directly and too thick, then it will irritate your skin. Do not use the bile to apply on open wounds because it would go against your wishes.
Alcohol can also be used to massage which will bring significant positive effects, help relieve pain and rapidly melt down the hematoma. However, you should not consume alcohol and should keep out of reach of children to prevent poisoning. It is a good tip on how to treat a hematoma.
Oyster confers amazing health benefits, including on how to treat a hematoma. Oyster is a flavorful and popular dish that has high nutritional value. In Oriental medicine, meat and shells of oyster are also used to cure many diseases.
Oyster can treat hematoma, bruising due to falls or being hit. Every day you had better use the shell powder two times in the morning and evening. Each time, drink 1 tablespoon of the sell powder with warm water. Also, you can mix it with little white wine and drink to quickly help yourself absorb the medicine.
How to make shell powder: shells will be stripped of flesh, wash, scrape and put into a sealed pot then bake. After that, take them out and let them cool down then pulverize.
Turmeric has an operating gas effect, stimulates blood circulation and blood melting effect, dissolves stasis and relieves pain. This makes it one of the best tips on how to treat a hematoma.
Grind turmeric and mix with alum then use the mixture to massage on the hematoma areas. You will see the situation quickly improved.
Take 20g of the leaves of tangerine ramie leaves to wash and dry. Pour about 400ml water to the leaves then boil until you can get about 100 ml water. Drink this water 2 times a day and continue for 3-5 days.
Also take tangerine ramie leaves to wash and grind, then apply on the wound and wait for about 3 hours then remove.
Shallot has a good effect with injuries, and bruises; therefore, it can boost the bruise treatment.
Take 50-100g of fresh shallot leaves then wash, grind and mix with 10g of red sugar and apply to the wound for once a day. You can also use 50g of fresh shallot roots to wash, grind and fry with 100ml of 90-degrees alcohol and apply to the wound. Practice this method three times a day, each time for 30 minutes.
Injuries from falls, bumps, immediate pain can be treated by drinking fresh crab water. This remedy is handed down from ancient time.
The answer on how to treat a hematoma continues to give you another health fruits that can solve it all. This is a pineapple. The reason why it becomes one of the most effective home remedies for a hematoma comes from its package of an enzyme named bromelain. In case you begin to swallow this kind of enzyme, your affected blood vessels can be significantly improved.
How to apply:
- Have a pineapple cut into small slices
- Rub them over the affected skin area
- Allow those slices to stay on your skin for about 3 minutes
- Try not to hold it over 5 minutes since it might burn the skin
Or, you can opt for eating fresh pineapple juice as regularly as possible entire day. Another way is to take in additional doses of bromelain on a daily basis to help you with fast treatment for a hematoma.
Sugar can help you with a hematoma removal. It continues to become other impressive ways on how to treat a hematoma. Sugar confers many amazing health benefits, including tightening the skin so that your hematoma cannot spread it all. To take advantage of sugar, you need to follow the direction shown below:
- Rub hot sugar syrup over your hematoma and cover it with a gauze.
- As you don’t like this syrup, you can opt for using a sugar syrup paste. All you need to do is applying the paste before using an ice pack. Wait for the dryness of the sugar and rinse your skin off with warm water
Are you amazed at this hematoma treatment? Yes, chocolate is regarded as among top natural ways on how to treat a hematoma. If you are a chocolate lover, then try to apply warm chocolate pack to aid in compressing the damaged blood vessels. This treatment can control your blood circulation in your affected area, therefore, reducing those bruises quickly.
How to apply:
- Get a piece of your favorite chocolate flavor melt and rub it over your affected area
- Do not rub hot chocolate over your skin since it can burn your skin.
- Get it covered with a gauze to avoid chocolate run over the hematoma area
24. Epsom Salt
It can be a mistake if we do not mention Epsom Salt as one of the most impressive ways on how to treat a hematoma. The salt can aid in reducing the occurrence of a hematoma. It is famous for its capability of relaxing the muscle, easing the pain and alleviating the swelling located near your affected area.
How to apply:
- Add about two cups of this salt to a bathtub filled with warm water
- Dip your affected area in this mixture until your water can cool down
- Rinse your skin off with clean water
Take note that Epsom salt can make your skin irritated to your skin. Therefore, when rinsing it off with water, you need to make sure that the magnesium crystals are completely removed from your skin.
25. Witch Hazel
Witch hazel contains several natural astringent effects, which makes it become a very good answer on how to treat a hematoma. Thanks to its container of this property, it can deal with your hematoma on the skin. Apart from that, it is beneficial for fading the discoloration of your skin.
How to apply:
- Rub a cosmetic pad in the witch hazel
- Apply this treatment to your affected area before holding it for several minutes. You can cover it with a bandage
- Perform the same process for two times per day till the hematoma is completely cured.
26. Lavender Oil
Lavender oil is highly recommended to help you treat your skin problems, including a hematoma cure. It is loaded with antibiotic and antiseptic substances, which makes lavender oil a good way on how to treat a hematoma. The treatment can speed up the healing process by removing scars. Also, the oil can assist in easing pain and alleviating swelling naturally.
How to apply:
- Place cold water into the bowl before inserting several drops of lavender oil
- Mix it well and then dip a clean and soft cloth into this mixture
- Rub the cloth over your affected skin area and leave it on for a couple of minutes
- Perform the same treatment for two times per day for positive outcome.
Toothpaste helps with discoloration and swelling removal caused by a hematoma. Besides, it possesses a strong power to alleviate the inflammation.
How to apply:
- Add mild lotion to toothpaste
- Rub the solution over your affected skin area before the bedtime
- Have it covered with a gauze to stop it from staining the bedding
- Leave it on overnight
- Perform the same process for about three nights to the positive outcomes.
28. Garlic and Rice Wine
The combination of garlic and rice wine wins the first place in the top handy tips on how to treat a hematoma. The treatment is proven to be powerful if it can be done in efficient manner.
How to apply:
- Dip several garlic pieces into rice wine and leave it on overnight
- Place the solution in a bottle whenever you see that a hematoma can occur
- Rub the mixture over your skin area affected and massage it gently
- Perform the same process for three times per day to get the positive outcome.
29. Cayenne Pepper
If you are a cayenne pepper lover, then it is a best decision you have made to help treat your stubborn hematoma. Thanks to loading some healing effects, cayenne pepper becomes best cures on how to treat a hematoma.
How to apply:
- Add cayenne pepper to Vaseline melted in 1:4 ratio
- Let the mixture cool down before rubbing over your affected area
- Perform the same process on a daily basis for about three weeks if you want to have the best result
You also need to watch out when applying cayenne pepper since it can lead to allergies.
Blueberries is loaded with vitamin C that can aid in forming a collagen, then speeding up your blood circulation in your affected area. Additionally, blueberries do not cause any side-effect when you use it. Furthermore, blueberries can help with the capillary walls rejuvenation.
How to apply:
All you need to do is adding more blueberries to your daily diets. It will be ideal if you consume them every morning beside your regular breakfast.
When To See Your Doctor?
As you know, most hematomas are triggered by minor traumas or injuries. Patients need to be aware of those minor injuries. And in case they feel any discomfort, it is highly recommended to seek medical help immediately.
However, there are some kinds of hematomas which are more severe due to their location. Furthermore, medical care needs seeking when you have the following situations:
- For those who are having a head injury, followed by the following symptoms:
c) slurred speech,
e) vision changes,
f) muscle weakness, or
g) having difficulty in being aroused
- People who are taking the blood thinners had better visit the doctor regularly. They should search for the constant check-ups to know if they are suffering from a hematoma or not.
- In addition, it is important for people who are prone to the trauma to apply for medical assistance constantly.
- The blood clots in your urine need fast evaluation.
Basing on those tips on how to treat a hematoma, you need to know that a hematoma can be treated if it is detected soon. Hematomas can happen to anyone at any age; therefore, children need to be looked after carefully.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!