Although stuttering is not a disease, it often brings many inconveniences to both adult and children who are suffering from it. Because of speech problems, they become lonely, snuggle, shame and guilt. Here are a few suggestions on how to stop stuttering.
What is Stuttering?
Stuttering is a language disorder that involves the breakdown of the vocal apparatus. These disorders occur due to excessive stress and laryngospasm, tongue, lips. Normal ratio of speech or respiratory rate results in the inability to quickly start a phrase, long pauses between words or repeat individual sounds or syllables of words .
Our children find it difficult and may withdraw into themselves and become alienated with the outside world. The child will move away from direct contact and conversation. In early stages of this problem, it is easier to deal with, so we should start stuttering treatment as early as we can .
What causes Stuttering?
Stuttering can be caused by physical factors, such as problem of speech, trauma during birth, genetic, neurological diseases, and neurodegenerative disease after experiencing a long disease .
One part of the brain develops mouthpiece much faster, making children unable to keep up with the flow of their own thoughts and express them in a clear and legible way. This leads to the disruption of the final speeches .
Often stuttering becomes a consequence of psychological difficulties-logo neurosis. Children are extremely impressive and emotional, and even fairy tales painted of black-black room can contribute to tension and fear of mental and emotional excess .
Also, what causes stuttering can come from other elements such as: obesity or overly strict parents .
Before starting stuttering treatment for the child, parents should consider the behavior and state of their own. Children are very sensitive to the behavior of adults, so the causes of their children’s problems may lie in their parents.
Here are the top 8 most recommended tips on how to stop stuttering that you can consider applying to your kids in order to eliminate this habit and practice
1. Notice on the Way to Talk
The speed of talk should be slow, when it comes to be strong, moderate calm, gentle, natural, try to pronounce slow and gentle. Also, while talking, you should keep the rhythm and you can divide the speech into simple ones, each meant once. The words have to match with each other. Only pronouncing slowly and rhythmically can make gentle, continuous language without being interrupted. This is a simple tip on how to stop stuttering.
2. Learn to Read
The stutterer should aim to read once-daily. First, read for your own to listen, and then gradually expand the scope. You can participate in recitation, singing performances in front of friends. This can help overcome both language barriers, and psychological obstacles. The stutters should dare to express themselves, deliberately speak in public to give psychological stress decreases. The mental focus on rhythm and sound makes patients turn the attention to the pronunciation; gradually they will speak more naturally.
3. Speak in front of a Mirror
Regularly standing in front of the mirror to talk or talk to our loved ones is a great tip to bring high efficiency in the stuttering treatment. But note that you should practice regular and persevere to wait for the result. Also, you need to incorporate additional training with sports and breathing exercises  .
4. Practice Speaking Skill
The stutter should strengthen practicing speaking skill and be patient to do it daily. Every day you should spend from 50 to 60 minutes on reading and talking. You should read slowly, word by word clearly and fluently. Initially, you can set alone. Then you can add relatives to feel less ashamed and afraid to speak in front of others. Thanks to friends and relatives, you can overcome this difficult phase. Also you need to be self-confident when standing in front of the crowd, not low self-esteem, guilt and try to control emotion.
5. Treat by Practicing
Many psychologists specialized in stuttering treatment for adolescents and adults tend to focus on measures to help patients minimize stuttering condition, such as talk slow, adjust breathing, practice speaking smoothly from the simple sentences to more complex ones. Most of these exercises also help stutters reduce anxiety in activities that are likely to trigger stress, such as communicating with people or speaking in public.
6. Participate in Self-Help Groups
There have been many cases of stutters who overcome their disabilities by participating in the group to heal themself. The self-help groups are often composed of peers or experienced stammering people. They have multiple activities to share information, experiences and useful support and encourage members to overcome stammering your own. No matter what causes stuttering in you, you can get rid of it gradually  .
Although any medication for the treatment of stuttering has not yet been confirmed, there have been cases of stuttering treatment with antiepileptic drugs, antidepressants or anxiety. However, these drugs have side effects and are not recommended for long term use .
8. Speech Therapist
Apart from all of these, it is necessary to seek help from professionals. The speech therapist will select a set of assignments for the individuals. Acupressure will relieve you from stress  .
Stuttering Treatment in Children
For children, the stuttering treatment is extremely important; not only help children soon overcome stammering, but also help them escape from a long-term trouble when growing up. There are a number of stuttering treatment strategies that will help your child have certain improved ability to speak and help them form a positive attitude and not afraid to communicate anymore.
Many experts recommend that parents need to be mindful when children show signs of stuttering lasting from 3 to 6 months, have expressed difficulty in communication or have relatives in the family also stammering or other communication disorders. Some other experts suggest that children should be diagnosed stammering every 3 months, just for the early detection of stammering, moderation to track stuttering more severe signs or remission.
Parents must play a key role in helping their children understand what is stuttering and how to overcome it and practice communication skills fluency. Specifically, parents should:
- To cope with stuttering, first we need to create a favorable psychological environment for the children. You should often praise your children, eliminate harsh comments. Parents should not quarrel with the kids. In cases you should not focus on problems with speech or you can make the problem worse.
- Create a relaxed atmosphere without pressure or judgment so that the child can talk openly and naturally. This should be set a suitable time period during the day, preferably at the time of the child feel excited and have a lot to share with parents the most.
- There should be no negative reaction when the children stutter. Instead, parents should acknowledge the child’s stuttering fairly as other difficulties in life that children will encounter on their paths. Help your children understand what is stuttering and how to stop stuttering softly, full of goodwill and praise all attempts of them.
- Do not apply pressure or ask stutters to speak like this like that, especially those who are sensitive and easily confused when facing with great pressures.
- Talk to your children slowly and calmly. Stammering children will feel more inferior and under more pressure if you say too fluently or too fast.
- Listen to the children carefully and be patient to wait for the finish of their speaking before you respond. Do not be hasty to finish their story. Help your children realize that, in life there are many people still successful and prudent although they suffer from stammering.
- Whenever she asks you about his stuttering, talk and consultations for children sincerely. Encourage him that stuttering is actually like many difficult problems in life, that it is not something too horrible and absolutely can disappear if they tried.
- It is necessary to arrange work schedules. A child needs to sleep and adequate rest. Before going to bed you should help them eliminate chaotic emotions. You also need to help them avoid mental fatigue.
- Children often imitate what they see and hear, so you need to speak so slowly, quietly and gently. Parents should communicate, relax and focus on their children. Outdoor activities, excellent fitness reduces stress. You should always do this with your children. It is a really good advice on
- Also, there are some breathing exercises that develop the child’s mouthpiece, as well as teach them how to breathe properly while speaking. They combine well with the spa. This will help to reduce muscle tension in the mouthpiece, and generally calming the nervous system.
There are children who automatically get rid of stuttering in preschool period. But this does not mean that you do not need to seek counseling or treatment. We cannot know in advance your child will recover without stuttering treatment. If you or your children begin stuttering, follow the instructions above on how to stop stuttering to end this problem as soon as possible.
Tags: how to stop stuttering, what causes stuttering, stuttering treatment, what is stuttering
*Disclaim: The effectiveness from applying these natural tips will be depended on the body condition of the applicant.