- What is Pancreatic Cancer?
- What causes Pancreatic Cancer?
- What are the symptoms of Pancreatic Cancer?
- 1. Do not Use Tobacco
- 2. Maintain a Healthy Weight
- 3. Maintain a Healthy Diet
- 4. Get the Basic Knowledge about Pancreatic Cancer
- 5. Bitter Melon
- 6. Avoid Excess Protein
- 7. Strengthen Foods I3C
- 8. Make Use of Curcumin in Turmeric
- 9. Consume More Foods Rich in Ellagic Acid
- 10. Avoid Foods High in Nitrates
- 11. Avoid Mold Foods
- 12. Reduce the Amount of Animal Fat
- 13. Vitamin D
- 14. Vitamin C and E
- 15. Vitamin B
In recent years the proportion of people with pancreatic cancer tends to increase. No way could we completely prevent pancreatic cancer but the following measures on how to prevent pancreatic cancer can help reduce the risk of developing the disease.
Pancreatic cancer is the disease that tends to increase in recent years. This kind of cancer is less common than diseases such as liver cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer… So, many people have no or little understanding of the disease. This leads to the fact that the disease cannot be detected early, making it difficult in pancreatic cancer treatment later. Here are the causes and signs of pancreatic cancer that should be noted .
What is Pancreatic Cancer?
Pancreatic cancer happens due to the formation of malignant tumor inside the pancreas which is the small organ that is located behind your stomach. That tumor will then grow without control, thus start impacting negatively onto other organs nearby .
What causes Pancreatic Cancer?
Currently, the exact cause of pancreatic cancer has not been determined. However, some specific risk factors have been shown to be likely to increase the incidence of pancreatic cancer . Those factors include:
- Smoking: Smoking is known to be a leading factor causing cancer risk. Scientists have proven that smoking is an important factor for cancer of the pancreas. The heavy smokers have the highest risk.
- Family history: The risk of developing pancreatic cancer is higher in people who have relatives in their home also experiencing the disease. The closer blood ties, the higher the chance of getting sick .
- Pancreatitis: pancreatitis, chronic disease left untreated for a long time actively and easily develop into pancreatic cancer.
- Diabetes, Obesity: Studies in many countries around the world show that people with diabetes or obesity are at risk for pancreatic cancer higher than others.
What are the symptoms of Pancreatic Cancer?
- Back pain: back pain can have many causes; including mechanical stress, spine problems … This is a warning symptom risk of pancreatic cancer.
- Jaundice, yellow eyes: Pancreatic Cancer cause blockage and accumulation of bilirubin in the body causing the phenomenon jaundice, yellow eyes. This is also a sign of liver cancer .
- Silver stool: People with pancreatic cancer typically have symptoms of gastrointestinal disorders. Undigested food weeded out will have unpleasant smells.
- Weight Loss: Pancreatic cancer can cause loss of appetite, anorexia causing a sudden weight loss. This is a warning sign of cancers, including pancreatic cancer .
- Pain and bloating: tumor growth in patients with pancreatitis causes pain and a swollen abdomen. In some cases the patients may feel abdominal tumor.
Here are the top 15 most recommended tips for how to prevent pancreatic cancer that you might consider applying in order to keep yourself cancer-free as well as improve the health of your system.
1. Do not Use Tobacco
Smoking is one of the risk factors that can cause pancreatic cancer. People who smoke have a higher risk at 2-3 times than that of nonsmokers. The researchers said cancer-causing chemicals in cigarette smoke enter the bloodstream and cause damage to the pancreas, leading to pancreatic cancer .
People who use smokeless tobacco are also at higher risk for pancreatic cancer. Similarly, for those who switch to cigarettes with lower nicotine levels do not reduce the risk of pancreatic cancer .
So the best tip on how to prevent pancreatic cancer is not to use tobacco products in order to limit the risk of developing pancreatic cancer as well as lung cancer, cardiovascular disease and stroke  .
2. Maintain a Healthy Weight
Obesity may increase the risk of pancreatic cancer. Specifically, in a survey carried out with the participation of more than 300,000 elderly people, the researchers found that obese people are at risk for pancreatic cancer 45% higher than those with BMI medium body.
Exercising regularly will help us maintain a healthy weight, limiting the risk of pancreatic cancer as well as many other diseases. In order to control your weight, you should read about Home Remedies for Anorexia.
Also, you should have enough rest for a day. For those who find it hard to spend enough time on sleeping, read more about Home Remedies for Insomma.
3. Maintain a Healthy Diet
A diet rich in fruits and vegetables is good for health. It helps to prevent many early signs of pancreatic cancer. Spinach, broccoli, apples, oranges, tomatoes, bananas and vegetables with dark green leaves are foods full of vitamins and fiber, which work to reduce the risk of pancreatic cancer and improve pancreatic cancer treatment  .
Fish and lean meats provide the body the omega – 3, help all parts of the body work effectively.
4. Get the Basic Knowledge about Pancreatic Cancer
Getting the common symptoms of pancreatic cancer, such as sudden weight loss, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, jaundice… will help the patients detect early signs of pancreatic cacner and start pancreatic cancer treatment in time, increase your chances of success.
For those who are in high risk groups, including those who are obese, smoke, have diabetes or a family history of pancreatic cancer should take measures on how to prevent pancreatic cancer.
5. Bitter Melon
University of Colorado recently have announced a new study of cancer in the Journal of Carcinogenesis which shows that bitter melon juice can limit the ability of cancer cells to metabolize glucose pancreas, thereby cutting the energy source of the cells and may eventually destroy them. The test has been done on the laboratory mice. This has opened the potential of pancreatic cancer treatment  .
6. Avoid Excess Protein
Excess protein dietary may easily make pancreatic enzymes be overloaded in digestion, making enzymes that are secreted to digest have to focus on proteins that “forgotten” to inhibit the growth of pathogenic cells to remove tumor. Ideally, you should pause to absorb protein one or two meals each week to prevent early signs of pancreatic cancer   .
7. Strengthen Foods I3C
Indole – 3 – carbine (I3C) is the natural anti-cancer compound found in many cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, kale … According to the researchers, I3C has depressant effects inhibiting the growth of cancer cells, destroying harmful free radicals in the body. This is one of the most significant scientific suggestions on how to prevent pancreatic cancer.
8. Make Use of Curcumin in Turmeric
When entering the body, curcumin easily identify precancerous cells. Since then, it can destroy them without harming the healthy cells. Moreover, curcumin is also proven to be particularly effective in its efforts to destroy free radicals and prevent the formation of nitrosamines – substances that are potential cause of pancreatic cancer .
9. Consume More Foods Rich in Ellagic Acid
Scientists have confirmed that ellagic acid works to promote liver detoxification enzymes, contributes to removing dangerous carcinogens in serum. Besides, ellagic acid has the ability to stimulate the immune system against the growth of cancer cells and the formation of dangerous free radicals   .
10. Avoid Foods High in Nitrates
When consuming foods, the body converts nitrates into nitrites, which react with organic matters in food to form nitrosamines. Meanwhile, nitrosamines have been discovered as a cause of pancreatic cancer. In addition to restricting foods containing nitrates, you should inhibit the production of nitrosamines by consuming vitamin C, vitamin E and some other antioxidants.
This is one of the most important discoveries that show us a clear idea of how to prevent pancreatic cancer.
11. Avoid Mold Foods
Mold foods contain many aflatoxins – substances that are capable of causing liver cancer, increasing risk of pancreatic cancer. If you detect some abnormalities in grains, it is best to leave them rather than try cooking.
12. Reduce the Amount of Animal Fat
Fats from animal origins are considered factors that increase to 43% risk of pancreatic cancer. Therefore, abandoning the eating habits can contribute significantly to preventing early signs of pancreatic cancer.
13. Vitamin D
In addition to work to strengthen the solidity of the bones, calcium also prove capable of reducing pancreatic cancer by 43%. You can absorb this substance by eating delicacies from liver, egg yolks, fish, milk…
14. Vitamin C and E
Being powerful antioxidants, vitamin C and E have the ability to remove free radicals, strengthen the immune system. Moreover, these vitamins are also effective in inhibiting nitrosamine formation that is the cause of pancreatic cancer. However, vitamin C is only effective to prevent the formation of nitrosamines in case you do not contain too much fat in the stomach.
Vitamin C also helps us strengthen our body. To know more about foods that are good for gaining energy, you can read at Home Remedies to Increase Stamina and Energy.
15. Vitamin B
Research has shown that vitamin B, especially vitamin B6, B12 and B9, can work to reduce the risk of pancreatic cancer and even enhance the pancreatic cacner treatment extremely effectively. However, the scientists also recommend that supplements of these vitamins will not bring cancer prevention effect as expected like utilizing synthetic vitamin from food.
Tags: how to prevent pancreatic cancer, early signs of pancreatic cancer, cause of pancreatic cancer, pancreatic cancer treatment.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!