- What is Alzheimer’s Disease?
- What causes Alzheimer’s Disease?
- What are the symptoms pf Alzheimer’s Disease?
- 1. Coconut Oil
- 2. Vitamin B12
- 3. Cinnamon
- 4. Almond
- 5. Turmeric
- 6. Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- 7. Indian Gooseberry
- 8. Ashwagandha
- 9. Brahmi
- 10. Exercise
- 11. Berries
- 12. Fish Oil
- 13. Seeds and Nuts
- 14. Brain Games
- 15. Cut Down on Alcohol
What is Alzheimer’s Disease?
Alzheimer’s Disease or AD for short is the term used to describe a chronic and progressive degenerative disorder of the brain which collapse and destroy the cells of brain as well as the neurons which are in charge of connection between brain cells .
What causes Alzheimer’s Disease?
It is the kind of disease which starts slowly and worsens over time. It is often considered the common type of dementia which leads to the decline of memory, mental capabilities as well as behavior. It is reported that Alzheimer’s Disease take approximately 50 to 80% of the total cases of dementia  .
The cause of Alzheimer’s Disease is unclear as of now. However, there are 3 factors which are considered majority are genetics, family history and age. Moreover, women are more vulnerable to this disease than men. Also people who are having some mild cognitive impairment as well as head trauma in the past will be more prone to Alzheimer’s Disease  .
What are the symptoms pf Alzheimer’s Disease?
The most obvious symptoms of Alzheimer’s Disease are difficulties with recalling and memory. As time goes on, there will be problems with reading, speaking, writing, comprehension and performing daily activities .
Furthermore, people who are suffering from AD will also suffer anxiety, depression, irritability, mood swings and alternation of sleep habits, distrust and social withdrawal .
There are simple remedies as well as changes in diet and lifestyle that can help you slow down or at best prevent it from occurring.
Here are the top 15 most effective home remedies for Alzheimer’s Disease which are easy for you to apply at home in order to prevent Alzheimer’s Disease as well as improve your memory.
1. Coconut Oil
This Aβ peptide is a major component which contributes to this disease. Additionally, the medium-chain triglycerides from coconut oil can revive the nerves’ lining as well as promote cognitive performance.
It is recommended to use the virgin, organic, non-hydrogenated and cold-pressed coconut oil for best effect.
How to use:
- Take 1 to 2 teaspoons of coconut oil to consume twice every day.
- Also you can include coconut oil in your daily foods such as smoothies, salads and baked goods.
2. Vitamin B12
This tip for how to prevent Alzheimer’s Disease is excellent as it can support the neural function on the whole body. Deficiency of vitamin B12 can cause memory loss. However, for people who have already suffered Alzheimer’s Disease, taking vitamin B12 might not improve memory      .
Consume more foods which are rich of vitamin B12 such as poultry, meat, milk, cheese, eggs, fish, avocado, dried beans, soy milk and fortified cereals.
Also you might take supplement of vitamin B12 but only after consulting the doctor.
If you are looking for kitchen tips on how to prevent Alzheimer’s Disease, then this is your perfect choice .
The aqueous extract from Ceylon cinnamon can prevent tau aggregation as well as formation of filament which are the 2 significant hallmarks of this disease .
Also it can stimulate better flow of blood toward brain and enhance recognition and memory. Even better, it will help you manage the levels of blood sugar in diabetic people which are people who are extremely vulnerable for this disease .
How to use:
- Include cinnamon in your daily foods like smoothies, fruit salad, baked goods, oatmeal, cereal, toast and tea.
- Also you take supplement of cinnamon but only after consulting the doctor.
Note: Avoid using cinnamon excessively as it will harm the liver.
As the matter of fact, vitamin E can decelerate the progression of Alzheimer’s Disease and almond as one of the tips for how to prevent Alzheimer’s Disease is a rich source of alpha-tocopherol vitamin E which is best type of vitamin E for the body.
Together with omega-3 fatty acids, almond can significantly improve memory as well as promote function of nervous system, thus enhance the control of cognitive functions.
How to use:
- Consume an ounce of dry roasted almonds every day.
- Another way is consuming 8 – 10 almonds which are peeled and soaked while the stomach is still empty every day.
The curcumin compound from turmeric as well as its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties makes it the ideal option for how to prevent Alzheimer’s Disease. It can help you eliminate the beta-amyloid plagues while decelerating the progression of this disease. Furthermore, it can stimulate the flow of blood toward brain, which is essential in cognitive function  .
How to use:
- Consume turmeric milk or golden milk. In order to prepare, you might take ½ to a teaspoon of turmeric powder into some milk and have it boiled. Have it sweetened with some honey and consume.
- Also you can include turmeric in daily cooking in order to maintain sharpness of brain.
Note: People who are having gallstones and obstruction of biliary tract are not recommended to apply this tip.
6. Omega-3 Fatty Acids
The docosahexaenoic acid or DHA which is one type of omega-3 fatty acids can inhibit Alzheimer’s Disease because of its capabilities in decelerating the growth of the 2 lesions in brain which are another major hallmarks for this disease     .
Therefore, take omega-3 fatty acids can be considered an alternative tip on how to prevent Alzheimer’s Disease.
How to use:
- Consume more foods which are rich of omega-3 fatty acids such as walnuts, beans, flaxseeds, olive oil, fatty fish and winter squash.
- Also you take supplement of omega-3 fatty acids which should at least contain 600mg of DHA. However, you need to consult the doctor before doing so.
7. Indian Gooseberry
Also known under the name Amla, it is another effective tip for how to prevent Alzheimer’s Disease. It can solve the problem of beta amyloid which is the neural plague related to the escalation of this disease.
It is also rich in vitamin C as well as other strong antioxidant which make it capable of nourishing brain and improving function of brain. It is considered a powerful tonic for nerves and brain which can assist efficiently in enhancing central nervous system.
How to use:
- Take 1 – 3 teaspoons of amla powder either without or with water twice every day.
- Also you can consume the juice or its fresh raw flesh.
Also known under the name Indian ginseng or Withania somnifera, it is considered a powerful ingredient for how to prevent Alzheimer’s Disease. It brings positive effect for the psychomotor and cognitive performance as it is able to take impact on all sides of cognitive functions like thinking, memory, concentration and focus   .
Together with inflammation-modulating and antioxidant properties, this herb can totally prohibit those neurodegenerative diseases.
You might take supplement of this herb but only after consulting the doctor.
Also known under the name Bacopa monnieri, it can act a tonic for brain that contains neuroprotective and antioxidant properties which can be considered a brilliant tip for how to prevent Alzheimer’s Disease. It is reported to be effective at enhancing cognitive function for elder people or people who are suffering neurodegenerative disorders .
How to use:
- Take 1 – 2 teaspoons of extracted juice from the leaves of brahmi twice every day.
- Also you might take supplement of brahmi but only after consulting the doctor.
This tip is the one for how to prevent Alzheimer’s Disease which you absolutely must follow. It will help you prevent the decline of cognition as well as AD. Perform physical exercise regularly can produce the neurophysiologic effect which is positive for maintaining normal activity of brain in elder people       .
How to do:
- Perform brisk walking on the grass for at least 30 minutes in 5 times per week.
- Perform activities such as trekking, biking, running, jogging and swimming several times per week.
Abundant in anthocyanins which are antioxidants, berries are your top choice for how to prevent Alzheimer’s Disease. They will assist you in preventing microglia’s activities that is a specialized cell which is capable of damaging other healthy cells of brain in case it is overactive. You can consume blackberries, blueberries or strawberries in order to decrease the chance of having dementia or AD    .
12. Fish Oil
This one is the best source for you in case you need omega-3 fatty acids for how to prevent Alzheimer’s Disease. Just to mention again, omega-3 fatty acids can decelerate the shrinkage of brain, thus decrease tremendously the chance of dementia and AD. Furthermore, DHA which is the most important omega-3 fat is capable of easing communication from one nerve cell to another .
13. Seeds and Nuts
This is your most sought-after source for vitamin E as vitamin E is considered a strong antioxidant with anti-aging property. Therefore, you should definitely pay attention to vitamin E as a significant remedy for how to prevent Alzheimer’s Disease.
14. Brain Games
This is the most perfect and ideal tip for how to prevent Alzheimer’s Disease. Perform daily tasks multiple times will not stimulate the brain. You need to challenge the mind with something difficult and different. You can do things such as solving difficult puzzle or crossword, learning new language or taking community class.
15. Cut Down on Alcohol
This tip is also one of many compulsory tips for how to prevent Alzheimer’s Disease. Alcohol can damage your brain cells remarkably as well as increase the risk of high blood pressure. Therefore, it is extremely important that you lower the consumption of alcohol in case you are having AD or even at risk.
- Have healthy and social life can help you prohibit the onset of AD.
- Consume more vegetables and fruits which are rich of antioxidant.
- Keep out of diets with high saturated fat and opt for healthy fat.
- Keep out of smoking.
- Keep out of processed foods as well as metal pollutants such mercury and aluminum.
- Sunbath early in the morning can supply vitamin D which can enhance the function of brain.
- It is necessary for friends and family to search for options in order to create better quality for the life of AD people.
Tags: how to prevent Alzheimer’s Disease, home remedies to prevent Alzheimer’s Disease, treatment to prevent Alzheimer’s Disease, remedy to prevent Alzheimer’s Disease.
*Disclaim: The effectiveness from applying these natural tips will be depended on the body condition of the applicant.