Belly fat has always been one of the biggest issues of not only beauty but also health problems. Therefore, nobody wants belly fat but at the same time, nobody can avoid it even those with flat perfect abs.
Not all of people who are overweight are accompanied with health problems. In fact, those who are not very heavy but have a lot of belly fat are likely to be in troubles. Some of your fat is located under the skin while others is deep inside your organs like lungs, hearts and liver, called visceral fat, which potential leads to many illnesses and diseases like obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer, etc. When you have more abdominal fat, it might be a sign of more visceral fat.
It is normal if the waist size is less than 35 inches in women and 40 inches in men. If your size is above these indicators, it can be seen as abdominal obesity so you have to find ways to burn belly fat fast.
Here are top 10 simple and useful tips for how to lose belly fat that you should follow for your own health’s sake…
1. Less Sugar
Sugar has been confirmed to have negative impacts on body metabolism if its amount in the body is excessive. Specifically, when you consume too much sugar, the liver is overloaded with fructose and eventually turns all of them into fat accumulated in the belly .
Particularly, sugar-sweetened beverages bring you even much worse effects on health. Since the metabolic mechanism of liquid sugar is different from the solid one, your body will get much more calories when it takes in any kind of sugar-sweetened beverage, which possibly increases the risk of obesity and other ailments.
To get rid of belly fat fast, make sure you have already cut down on sugar and completely avoid sugar-sweetened beverages.
2. Less Carbs
There must be a reason for a low-carb diet to be a perfect diet for overweight people. This is due to the fact that when you cut down on carbs intake, your appetite is likely to decrease also, which in turn helps you to eat less and lose weight .
With a low-carb diet, you can witness the result just within a few days due to the reduction of water weight. Furthermore, unlike low-fat diets, which restrict the consumption of calories, low-carb diets allow people to eat as much as they want as long as they can keep the amount of carbs intake low.
Choose the foods with low carbs content, and completely avoid the refined carbs like pastas, white breads, etc.
3. More Protein
In the diet of people who want to lose weight, protein will be an inevitable ingredient, which is able to reduce the calories intake and enhance activity of metabolism to burn calories .
According to experts, there is a strong connection between protein, especially animal protein, and a significant reduction of the risk of getting belly fat.
Foods with protein at 25%-30% of calories is what you should add into your daily basis, such as eggs, meats, fish, seafood, dairy products, etc.
4. More Fiber
To assist people in weight loss process, fiber, especially viscous fibers are able to help you feel full and reduce craving. In detail, the viscous fibers can make a gel after combining with water, which can reduce the ability to digest and absorb nutrients. As a result, the foods will stay in your stomach longer, making you feel no longer hungry. An increase in your daily fiber intake will definitely lead to a decrease in the risk of harmful belly fat .
Accordingly, adding more fiber in your daily meal is necessary to burn belly fat. You can easily find the substances in legumes, vegetables, fruit and some cereals.
5. Pay Attention to What and How Much You Are Eating Per Day
Although, most of people have already done research about what they should eat and what they shouldn’t if they want to go on diet, not many of them are truly aware of the foods they are eating.
Saying that doesn’t mean you have to measure or investigate every food you take for the rest of your life. Just pay more attention to what you usually have every day will reveal what you need to change in your current diet.
Without a doubt, physical activities are essential for our life because they help to strengthen our health and prevent diseases. Particularly, when you are overweight or have health problems, exercise becomes essential than ever. Undeniably, it has impacts on burning belly fat .
Do not spend time on sole exercise for one spot on your body. Instead, make time for a combination of physical activities like swimming, running, etc. Not only do they help you burn belly fat fast, but they also maintain your weight and prevent the return of ugly and stubborn belly fat after getting rid of it.
7. Boat Pose
This is a popular yoga pose aiming at getting rid of belly fat fast and strengthening the muscles in your back, abdomen, legs and arms as well.
- Sit down on the floor with your knees bent, your feet firmly on the floor and your back straight. Keep your hands along your sides and finger placing forward.
- Breathe in deeply; lift your feet off the ground, move your upper body backward a little bit to keep the balance. Remember to keep your backbone straight during the step.
- Stretch your arms in front of you and parallel to the ground while straighten your legs. Now, your body will be in “V” shape. Hold this for 5-10 seconds.
- Breathe out, slowly bend your knees and relax.
- Repeat these movements for 3-5 times daily.
Planks are the first exercise you must know so as to quickly lose belly fat since it is not only highly effective in strengthening your core muscles but also simple and does not require any equipment. Besides helping you to get rid of belly fat, planks also help train your shoulders, arms, lower back and glutes.
- Start with pushup position. Get down on the floor with your palms and toes, keeping your body straight from head to feet. Remember to place your hand directly below your shoulders.
- Bend your elbows at right angles; use your forearms to hold your body weight.
- Hold the position for at least 1 minute then relax for 15 seconds.
- Repeat the movement and increase the length of time.
- Your goal is to hold it for 2 minutes and repeat at least 3 times planks.
Crunch is a classic exercise helping you to effectively burn belly fat and tone the core muscles.
- Lie on your back, bent your knees and keep your feet firmly on the ground.
- Place your arm cross on your chest. Remember to keep your upper body straight.
- Inhale and lift your shoulders off the ground and as high as you can, using your abdominal muscle. Make sure you keep the lower body still.
- At the peak of the movement, hold it for a few seconds
- Exhale and slowly return to the starting position.
10. Low-belly Leg Reach
The last simple but effective exercise for losing belly fat we want to introduce you in this article is low-belly leg reach.
- Lie down on your back. Bend your knees 90 degrees. Place your hands under your head.
- Inhale and lift your shoulders off the ground and as high as you can. Hold it for 5 seconds.
- Exhale and straighten your legs, keeping it at 45 degrees. Hold it for 5 more seconds. Make sure to keep all your muscles tight, especially the one in lower belly.
- Slowly ease your back as well as your legs down on the floor and relax for 10-15 seconds.
- Start over again with the starting position. Repeat this 15 times and increase the number after a week.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!