Table of Contents
Most of people are so focusing on the fat built up on belly or thighs and forget about other parts of the body that are also prone to accumulating fat such as arms. While girls and women want to possess slim arms, guys want their arms bigger with huge muscles. Flabby or saggy arm will ruin your look and make you hesitate to wear sexy and sleeveless clothes.
Even if you try your best to tone up the hip and thighs with rigorous exercise, your shape can never be perfect if you ignore the arm fat. Normally, arm fat in women comes with armpit fat, which contributes to the loss of confidence in them. However, it is never too late to spend time for exercise to not only reduce arm fat but also tone up the arm so that you can get a perfect body in both shape and size.
Here are top simple but effective exercises that you can follow at home to get rid of arm fat and improve the body shape.
1. Arm Rotation Exercise
The first simple exercise that you can do at home as a warm-up step in order to get rid of arm fat is arm rotation exercise.
- Stand upright with your feet marginally separated
- Stretch your arms out to each side and parallel to the floor
- Turn your hand into fists and start moving your arms in clockwise direction
- Repeat the movement 20 times then relax 15 seconds
- Start over again and repeat the exercise 10 times
As the exercise is really simple and does not require any equipment, you should perform it as frequent as you can.
2. Weight Lifting
To perform this exercise to lose arm fat, you need an item that is around 1 kilogram such as a 2-liter bottle of water. It is not smart choice to use something valuable or breakable as it can break if you are not careful and let it fall down.
- You can choose either sit down in a chair or stand up as long as you keep your back straight
- Use your both hand to hold the item and lift it over your head. Remember to keep your hand straight
- Next step, take the item behind your back and reach as low as you can
- Bring the item back over your head with your arm straight and keep the upper arms close to your ears
- Keep doing this 20 times then relax 15-30 seconds
- Repeat the exercise 3 times
To tone up your muscle, increase the weight as soon as you feel comfortable with the current item.
3. Chair Dips
The next exercise is good for not only arm muscles but also the back ones. Although it is called chair dips, you don’t necessarily need a chair to perform the exercise but can use a bed or anything that are stable on the ground instead. However, the item used to lean on need to at least 2 feet higher than the ground.
- Turn your back on the furniture, put your hands on it with both arms separated
- Move your legs 3-4 steps away from the furniture with your hand in the same position and your back straight.
- Bend your knees so that your thighs are parallel to the ground and your heels firmly on the floor. This is your starting position.
- Move your whole body to the ground with your elbows bent then come back to the starting position.
- Keep doing this 20 times then relax 15-30 minutes
- Repeat the exercise 2 more times
4. Push Ups
Push-ups may be the familiar exercise to many people, which helps to promote the muscles in not only arms but also other parts like belly. To perform this exercise, it is important to keep the balance on your hands and knees.
- Start with the plank position. Place your palm firmly on the floor and your finger pointing forward. Lift up and straighten your arms and legs so that only your toes and palms touch the ground. This is your starting position.
- Bend your elbows and move your body to the floor until it is 2-3 inches higher than the ground.
- Push yourself back to the starting position
- Repeat the movements 20-25 times
As soon as you feel comfortable with the position, increase the reps to tone up the muscles.
Scissors exercise is one of the cardio workouts that are highly effective in getting rid of arm fat.
- Start with the position of standing upright and your legs are separated
- Stretch your arms in front of you and parallel to the floor
- Move the arms to the side then bring them back to the front, one hand overlap the other in the shape of the letter “X”
- Go back to the starting position and repeat the movement 20 times
- Relax 10-15 seconds and repeat the exercise 2 more times
Do this as frequent as you can and wherever you can. Increase the number of reps to tone up the muscles.
6. Half-Moon Rotation
Another basic and classic exercise for arm fat that you can do to warm up is half-moon rotation, which engaged the muscles of the biceps and triceps.
- Start with the basic position, where your legs are placed separated with shoulder width; arms are stretched out to each side with the palm facing to the ground. With this exercise, it is needed to keep your finger together.
- Slowly move your arms up, rotate the thumbs backward and slightly bend your elbows until your palms are facing the sky.
- Repeat this movement 20 times then relax for 15 seconds
- Do it reversely by slowly bringing your arm down, rotate the thumb forward and bend your elbows slightly. Repeat it 20 times.
- Repeat the exercise 5 times and increase the number when you feel comfortable with it
To increase the level of the exercise, hold bottles of water or any items that are around one kilogram for both hands.
7. Arm and Legs Lift
This is another effective exercise aiming at getting rid of arm fat fast that is able to enhance the strength of your arms, legs and backs as well as improve your ability to keep balance.
- Get down of the floor with your palms directly below your shoulders and knees directly below your hips. Remember to keep the fingers facing forward and the back straight.
- Raise one of your arms straight forward and the opposite leg straight backward in the meantime.
- Stretch your toes to create a tension to your back.
- Hold it for 5-10 seconds then come back to the starting position.
- Keep doing the exercise with the opposite arms and leg.
- Repeat the movements 30 times.
8. Wall Push-Ups
Similar to the classic push-ups, this exercise is easier for those who have weak arm muscles and find it hard to push up on the floor.
- Stand an arm length apart from the wall and keep your legs separated.
- Stretch your arms and put your palms firmly against the wall.
- Slowly bend your elbows and move your body toward the wall until you are standing on the tiptoes.
- Push back to the starting position.
- Do these movements 30 times then relax for 15 seconds.
- Start over again and repeat the exercise 2 more times.
To increase the level of the exercise, increase the number of times you repeat the movements or move further away the wall.
9. Push-and-Stretch Elbow
Push-and-stretch elbow exercise is another exercise for you to get rid of arm fat fast. It can be performed anywhere and anytime you can since it is rather simple and does not require any equipment.
- Stand straight with your leg separated and your arm stretched to each side and parallel to the floor.
- Turn your hands into fists.
- Bend your elbows and move your fists toward your armpit.
- Push your elbows back and stretch your arms in front of you.
- Immediately, come back to the starting position.
- Repeat these movements 20 times then relax for 15 seconds.
- Do the exercise 3-5 more times and increase the number after a week.
10. Push and Pull
Flabby and saggy arms are no longer your concern thanks to push-and-pull exercise that helps to lose arm fat fast.
- First, stand with your leg placed shoulder width separated. Slightly bend your knees down assuming you are sitting on a chair.
- Raise your hands straight over your head and close to your ears. Bend your elbows to each side until your waists are parallel to your ears.
- Keep doing this 10-20 times then relax
- Start over again and repeat 2 more times.
This exercise also tones up your thighs, thus it can make your legs tired. Do not necessarily follow exactly as instruction. Listen to your body and try the best as you can.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!