Your house might be your pride with every single detail representing a reflection of who you are. You can protect your house from external enemy or natural disasters, but it would be very challenging to deal with a problem which exists immediately inside your house. It is hard to recognize their existence due to its tiny size. Termites are a nightmare to many of us.
To get rid of termites requires the help of professionals; however, there are many ways to help you speed up the process of killing termites.
What are Termites?
Termites are a kind of pests which exist in colonies and their feed is usually cellulose from wood as well as plants. Due to their large amount, their feeding can absolutely destroy anything .
In general, there are 5 distinguished types of termites which are: drywood, dampwood, conehead, subterranean and formosan .
However, the most common termites is the drywood which is often found inside wooden subjects. Foe subterranean, they often create their mounds on the outside, but they can still penetrate your house using their extensive tunnels underneath your house .
What are the signs of Termites?
There are several signs that can warn you of the infestation from termites .
- There are bubbled paint or cracked which appear on the wall. They might indicate that termites have been penetrating through interior and are very closed to the surface or coating of the paint.
- In case, there are hollow sound when you tap on the surface of solid wood, it might be due to the feeding of termites on the cellulose inside the subject.
The number of species of termites which are found in America alone can go up to around 50. It is not necessary to know exactly each type, but all of them have negative impacts on your house. Termites consider plants or woods that contain cellulose as their main source of food; as a result, any property made of wood will be destroyed completely. However, this process does not happen in 1-2 nights. Only after four to five years can you recognize the silent destruction of termites. Thus, you should examine your house regularly in order to detect the signs of termites. They may be hollows or holes in the wood .
Termites are believed to appear more in the warm weather. If the moisture is high in your house, the number of termites is possibly higher .
To get rid of this extremely terrifying creature is very difficult and time-consuming. If you want to avoid the appearance of chemicals in your house, you can use some natural ingredients to do so .
1. Orange Oil
Orange oil is the first natural tip on how to get rid of termites you will want to apply immediately. The presence of d-limonene is claimed to be super effective in killing termites .
You should rub some drops of orange oil over the areas affected by termites and repeat doing so a few days later.
To prevent the destruction of termites, you ought to also create small holes and pour the orange oil into them.
2. Aloe Vera
While aloe vera gel is very great for human skin and health in general, it might be a poison for all kinds of termites. Therefore, it is one of the best recommendations for those who want to get rid of termites instantly   .
- Get the fresh gel taken from aloe vera plant.
- Combine the gel and water with the ratio 1:5.
- Rub the mixture over the areas affected by termites regularly in several weeks.
The fact is that the sunlight can kill termites efficiently. Therefore, you can make use of this natural gift which is, on the other hand, good for humans to get rid of termites as soon as possible.
- Get the furniture affected by termites exposed to the sun at noon so that the ultraviolet rays can eradicate the growth of termites effectively.
- You should repeat applying this every day in a week.
4. Hot and Cold
As the most favorite environment of termites is warm, you should take advantage of the sudden changes in the temperature to get rid of termites immediately. Scientists reveal that when the temperature goes up to more than 120 degrees or down to -20 degrees, termites will find it impossible to survive any more.
- You should leave the objects affected by termites outside and let the sun do its task.
- Besides, another method is to use liquid nitrogen to reduce the temperature suddenly.
5. Cayenne Pepper
If your house is not too big and there is much furniture made of wood, cayenne pepper might be one of the best choices for you to get rid of termites quickly .
- Get cayenne pepper powdered.
- Then, have the powder sprinkled in some areas affected by termites.
- You should continue to follow the instruction until you see improvements.
Instead, you can combine powdered cayenne with some natural vegetable oils.
6. Boric Acid
This can be regarded as one of most popular tips on how to get rid of termites. It is a type of insecticide which has immediate negative effects on termites’ nerves. The use of boric acid can bring a certain result that every kind of termites would be killed effectively  .
- Get boric acid powder mixed with water.
- Get the mixture applied over the furniture to get rid of termites fast.
However, as boric acid might be harmful for people, you are recommended to use masks and gloves during the application.
7. Neem Oil
If you want the efficiency rather than speed in the efforts to get rid of termites, neem oil is a great recommendation for you. This natural oil can stop the development of this creepy insect and kill alive ones effectively. However, you should bear in mind that only when having direct contact with the oil do termites die.
- Dip a cotton ball in the oil.
- The cotton ball should be rubbed over the objects that are damaged by termites.
- After several days, you ought to do so once again.
The saltness may be parallel to severe damage to termites’ body. As a result, you can learn that salt is one of the best tips on how to get rid of termites.
- Combine equal amounts of salt and warm water.
- After stirring them well, you should rub the mixture over the areas affected by termites.
This method should be applied once per day and you need to keep following it in at least a week.
9. White Vinegar
White vinegar is strongly recommended for the attempts to get rid of termites. It can limit the birth of new termites.
- Get half a cup of white vinegar and combine with fresh lemon juice.
- Use a bottle to keep the mixture.
- The mixture should be sprayed over the areas affected by termites.
You should keep doing so twice per day in at least several days.
10. Soapy Water
Simple as it may seem, soapy water can be super beneficial for the termites treatment. When termites have contact with soapy water, there will be a formation of a seal on their outer shells, which has extremely negative impacts on the termites’ respiratory system. As a consequence, the termites will face the death soon.
- Get two spoons of dish soap combined with water.
- The mixture should be sprayed over any place where you notice the appearance of termites.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!