What are Puffy Eyes?
You know that you are going to face puffy eyes when you notice the swelling of your eyes. It is not a fatal problem, but it does have significant unwanted effects on your appearance. As a result, your daily lives will become difficult. It may prevent you from having a comfortable conversation with other people or at worst, going out for any date .
What cause Puffy Eyes?
The causes for the appearance of puffy eyes are diverse. It can come from allergies or depression which is almost inevitable in this day and age. Besides, an inadequate amount of sleep can be responsible for puffy eyes. Some reports also indicate that people whose consumption of alcohol is excessive are more likely to suffer from puffy eyes .
What are the symptoms of Puffy Eyes?
In addition to the swelling eyes, many other symptoms can appear when you get puffy eyes. If you notice one of them, you should consult a doctor to examine your conditions.
- Red eyes, along with pains .
- Your vision may be damaged.
- Irritating conditions.
- If puffy eyes are severe, you may experience fever, headache, and even find it hard to breath.
Puffy eyes can be treated by medication, but it takes a lot of money and time. In fact, there are many home remedies for puffy eyes that you can apply at home, but they all help get rid of puffy eyes.
Here are top 15 most effective home remedies for how to get rid of puffy eyes which is extremely easy for you to apply at home in order to get rid of puffy eyes and bring your beautiful window of soul…
Cold milk is not only a favorite drink, but also one of many effective home remedies for how to get rid of puffy eyes. Being a rich source of proteins and vitamins, it helps reduce the swelling of the eyes and provides nutrients for the eyes as well .
- Pour cold whole milk in a cup.
- A clean towel should be used to soak in the milk.
- Put the towel over the eyes.
- After 15 minutes, eyes puffiness will be reduced.
Ice has been used for how to get rid of puffy eyes for ages. Put some ices into a clean towel which should be placed on your eyes . After 10-15 minutes, remove the towel and you will see improvements. For more information about the uses of ice, please read: Home Remedies for Neck Pain.
Drinking enough water is another way to improve the treatment of puffy eyes. In fact, this is a wonderful way to get rid of majority of health problems. Thanks to an appropriate amount of water intake, dehydration can be prevented, which lessens the possibility of puffy eyes. Scientists often recommend that you drink 8-10 cups of water on a daily basis. You can find out more about the benefits of water at: Home Remedies for Water Retention and Sagging Skin.
4. Egg White
Egg white is one of the most popular home remedies for how to get rid of puffy eyes, as it is available and inexpensive. With anti-inflammatory property, egg whites can reduce the swollen parts and even tighten the skin.
- Take egg whites into a bowl
- Use a soft brush to soak in egg whites and put them on the eyes.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Then, cold water should be used to clean that area.
Potato is a vegetable which has many applications in treating beauty problems. Masks from potato are very popular in the market, and it is also very helpful in the treatment of puffy eyes. It can relieve the pain caused by puffy eyes and prevent the swelling.
- Choose a potato and clean it with water.
- Crush it.
- Then, it should be placed in a cloth which needs to be put on the eyes in 15 minutes.
Applying this method several times will produce positive results quickly.
Considered as one of the oldest home remedies for how to get rid of puffy eyes, cucumber provides the eyes with nutrients to reduce painful feeling and swelling. In addition, it improves the vision which is impaired by puffy eyes. Cucumber can enhance the flow of blood inside the body.
- Choose two fresh cucumbers.
- Squeeze them to make the juice that should be placed in fridge for the next 20 minutes.
- Use cotton balls to soak in the mixture.
- Put 2 balls on your eyes. Leave it there for 20 minutes.
- After that, use cold water to clean it.
As cucumber may contain some bacteria, you’d better make sure it is clean before being used.
Some people believe that salty foods are one of the main causes for puffy eyes, and in order to get rid of puffy eyes, it is necessary to avoid these foods. It’s true, but salt itself can actually have positive influence on the treatment of puffy eyes.
- Take half a spoon of salt and 1 quart of warm water.
- They should be mixed together.
- Use cotton balls to soak in the mixture and apply them on the eyes.
- After 15-20 minutes, clean eyes with cold water.
8. Tea Bag
Tea bag gives you a healthy drink which can prevent many health problems, but few people know that it can be used for how to get rid of puffy eyes. With antioxidant property, tea bags, when mixed with water, might ease the pain caused by puffy eyes and eliminate the swelling in a short time .
- Put 2 tea bags into hot water.
- Wait until the mixture becomes warm.
- Then, take 2 bags out of the water and place them on your eyes. Remember that do not put hot bags on your eyes as it may worsen the situations.
- Relax in the next 10-15 minutes.
When the bags are removed, eye puffiness can be also eradicated.
9. Aloe Vera
This natural ingredient is well-known for its tremendous health benefits and now, you know that it is one of the best home remedies for how to get rid of puffy eyes as well. Stopping the eye puffiness, Aloe Vera can be beneficial in preventing aging problems, such as wrinkles or acne .
- Take the gel from Aloe Vera.
- Gently apply it over your closed eyes and relax in the next 15-20 minutes.
You’d better not let your eyes be got with the gel, as it may trigger some eye problems. In case you cannot find natural Aloe Vera gel, alternative skin care products that are made from Aloe Vera can be used.
The treatment of puffy eyes can be enhances thanks to chilled spoon .
- 2 spoons need to be placed in the fridge before you go to bed.
- In the morning, you put them on the eyes. If you do not want them to touch your eyes, use a clean soft towel to wrap chilled spoons.
Apply this method several times will help you get rid of puffy eyes very soon.
Strawberry is one of the most helpful fruits that are usually used in the treatment of puffy eyes. Eating strawberries everyday can nurture the immune system, preventing many problems related to your health. On the other hand, vitamins and essential nutrients that are found in strawberries can make the skin glowing and younger . To get the best results in the fight against puffy eyes, you should:
- Chop it down into small pieces and leave them in the fridge in 30 minutes.
- Put them over the closed eyes.
- After several minutes, remove them all and clean the eyes with cold water.
12. Cold Water
Water, whether it is ice or fresh water, is appreciated in the treatment of puffy eyes. And another way to make use of it to get rid of puffy eyes is to wash your face with cold water. Blood vessels may be constricted, which leads to the reduction of swelling .
13. Salt Water
To make one of the simplest, but most effective home remedies for how to get rid of puffy eyes, drop some salt into water. Two cotton balls should be soaked in the mixture and applied on the eyes. After 15-20 minutes, you may notice positive results.
Giving your eyes some massage will relieve the pain caused by puffy eyes. In addition, it is ideal to let your eyes relax sometimes after the whole day. In this day and age, people often face eye problems due to sitting in front of computers too much. Therefore, you’d better give your eyes a short break after long hours of working .
The last home remedy for puffy eyes is to change your sleeping habit. You should use 2 pillows instead of one to make sure that the accumulation of water underneath eyes would not happen.
Tags: home remedies for puffy eyes, how to get rid of puffy eyes, puffy eyes treatment, remedy for puffy eyes, treatment of puffy eyes.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!