What is Keloid Scar?
Keloid scar refers to the scar that results from an injury and becomes bigger throughout time. The most common areas where keloid scars appear are the shoulder, back or chest .
What causes Keloid Scar?
As mentioned above, keloid scar is the resulf of an injury on your skin. They may vary from a burn to acnes. It depends on each person’s type of skin. Another cause for the appearance of keloid scar is related to genetics  .
The medical advances have allowed us to get rid of keloid scars by laser treatment. However, not everyone is willing or able to afford this type of treatment. In fact, there are some natural ingredients you can find immediately in your kitchen to quicken the keloid scar treatment .
Here are the top 15 simple natural tips on how to get rid of keloid scars that you can consider applying in order to effectively fade the keloid scars and prevent them from ruining your appearance.
1. Baking Soda
Known as a natural abrasive agent, baking soda is one of the best recommendations on how to get rid of keloid scars. This ingredient is great in exfoliating your skin and helping you regain the normal color. With anti-inflammatory quality, baking soda can prevent the bacteria from attacking your skin as well.
- Combine baking soda and hydrogen peroxide with the ratio 1:3.
- Get the paste applied over the areas where keloid scars appear.
You ought to apply this remedy 3-4 times until the keloid scars fade away.
Serving as a natural exfoliating agent, honey is one of the best natural home remedies to get rid of keloid scars. One of the most outstanding benefits of honey is to soften and lighten your skin at the same time. Gradually, the scars will disappear and the color of these areas will not be different from others .
- Raw honey should be applied directly over the scars.
- Half an hour later, you can use warm water to wash these areas.
This method needs to be applied 3-4 times on a daily basis to quicken the treatment.
Lemon is a great source of antioxidant nutrients and vitamins, especially vitamin C that is beneficial for the keloid scar treatment. Thus, it is one of the most effective tips on how to get rid of keloid scars. Lemon is also used in many home remedies to enhance the flexibility and color of your skin.
- Squeeze a lemon to get its fresh juice.
- Get the juice applied over the scars with your fingers or a cotton ball.
- 30 minutes later, you should get warm water to rinse these areas.
This method should be followed once or twice per day.
4. Aloe Vera
The popularity of using Aloe Vera in the skin care has been well-known for ages. And it is undeniable that it is one of the best tips on how to get rid of keloid scars. It provide much moisture for the skin to soften the scars. Furthermore, with anti-inflammatory quality, Aloe Vera can wipe away the bacteria and impurities on your skin, which reduces the possibility of skin infections  .
Get some fresh gel applied over the keloid scars immediately 2-3 times on a daily basis to get the best result.
Sandalwood is commonly used in the efforts to get rid of keloid scars, thanks to its ability to improve the growth of new cells and eradication of dead cells simultaneously.
- Get sandalwood grinded into powder first.
- Then, combine it with an amount of rose water so that you have a thick paste.
- Get the paste applied over the scars before you hit the sack.
- When you wake up, you should use warm water to rinse the skin.
You can read more about Home Remedies for Scar Removal.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Another natural home remedy for keloid scars is apple cider vinegar. It is powerfully anti-inflammatory and antibacterial; therefore, you can reduce the size of keloid scars effectively within a short period of time.
- Rub some drops of this vinegar on the areas affected by keloid scars.
- You can do some massage over these areas.
- Several minutes later, you can repeat doing so.
- You can use garlic oil or garlic juice by crushing some garlic cloves.
- A cotton ball ought to be soaked in the juice and applied over the keloid scars.
- 10 minutes later, use water to wash these areas.
However, this remedy is not suitable for everyone. In case you feel burning sensation, wash it away immediately.
8. Lavender Oil
If you want a quick relief to get rid of keloid scars as soon as possible, you had better think of lavender oil. It is super effective in dealing with keloid scars and even reduce the possibility of its coming back. The wonderful smell of lavender oil on your skin is a great advantage.
In addition to garlic, onion can be considered as a great tip on how to get rid of keloid scars as well. With antibacterial quality, onion can prevent the keloid scars from getting bigger and bigger    .
- Crush an onion to get the juice.
- A cotton ball should be dipped in the juice and rubbed over the scars several times per day.
A great way to not only get rid of keloid scars but also improve the condition of your skin is massage. It can foster the blood circulation which can soften the scars effectively. To maximize the benefits, you can combine the use of some natural essential oils, such as lavender oil whose benefits are mentioned before.
11. Fuller’s Earth
Another tip on how to get rid of keloid scars is fuller’s earth which might be unfamiliar with many people.
- Take one spoon of fuller’s earth and combine it with one spoon of each fresh lemon juice and rose water.
- Get the paste applied over the scars.
- When it becomes dry, probably after 10-15 minutes, use cold water to rinse these areas.
12. Cucumber Juice
With cooling quality, cucumber has been popularly used in many home remedies for skin problems. And once again, it is a great way to get rid of keloid scars.
- A cucumber ought to be squeezed to get the juice.
- The juice should be applied over the scars directly.
- 15 minutes later, you take cool water to rinse these areas.
Some enzymes found in papaya are actually great for the production of collagen which is responsible for the growth of new skin cells. Therefore, papaya can undoubtedly appear in the list of tips on how to get rid of keloid scars.
- You should crush a papaya to get a paste that is applied over the areas affected by keloid scars.
- After several minutes, cool water is used to rinse these areas.
No matter whether you consume yogurt or apply it on the skin, yogurt is still one of the best ways to enhance the condition of your skin. You should continue applying it if you want to stay away from as many skin problems as possible, such as keloid scars. It is one of the best recommendations on how to get rid of keloid scars.
Last but not least, if you used to suffer from some skin infections and especially itchiness, you might be familiar with the use of oatmeal. Now, it is crucial to know that it is one of the best tips on how to get rid of keloid scars. With antibacterial and antiviral qualities, oatmeal can soften your skin and prevent the impurities.
- Half a cup of oatmeal should be mixed with warm water.
- Have the areas affected by keloid scars soaked in the mixture every day.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!