Skin problem is such a common and terrifying topic that most men and women in the world want to stay away from it as far as possible. In this article, Authority Remedies will help you know top 15 how to get rid of itchy skin.
Normally, itchiness on your skin results from the accumulation of dead cells and the attack of bacteria inside the pore. This leads to the redness and swelling on your skin. It is more severe when your skin is deeply infected with the bacteria, which triggers even pain. The most dangerous thing about itchy skin is that if not addressed properly, you will easily scratch and hurt your skin .
The most common group who may feel itchy on skin frequently is around-20-year-old teenagers. However, it does not mean that older or younger people are completely free from this problem. Some reports also indicate the number of male sufferers is higher than that of female .
The exact cause for itchy skin is still unknown; nevertheless, the hormonal changes are believed to be the main cause. As a result, we can understand that women during pregnancy or menopause are more likely to experience itchiness .
Besides, itchiness has serious impacts on our daily life and nobody wants to show up with breakouts of acne on their face – a common consequence of itchy skin. Thus, itchy skin treatment is always urgent. While many products are advertised to be effective on the market, it is better if we make use natural ingredients in the process of taking care of our skin .
Here are top 15 most recommended tips on how to get rid of itchy skin that you can consider applying in order to alleviate the discomfort from itchy skin and prevent any future recurrence.
If you are one of those who pay much attention to skin care, you are probably familiar with mango – a great fruit for the condition of our skin. And it is also one of the best tips on how to get rid of itchy skin. You can consume mango on a daily basis to provide the skin and body with many vitamins and essential nutrients so that they both stay healthy. Or you can make it into a kind of mask to get rid of itchy skin.
- Get a ripe mango crushed to have the juice.
- Combine equals amount of the juice and water.
- The mixture should be applied over the itchy areas in about 5 minutes before you use water to wash them.
2. Egg White
While consuming egg white is claimed to be super beneficial for the muscles, the application of this on the skin will bring many advantages. It is one of the most effective tips on how to get rid of itchy skin. The presence of riboflavin and many proteins in egg white is good for the itchy skin treatment as they can make your skin smooth and glow .
- Get 2-3 egg whites beaten and rubbed over the areas where itchy feeling appears.
- After about 5-10 minutes, use warm water to wash your face.
3. Baking Soda
The antiseptic and anti-inflammatory qualities of baking soda are so powerful that they make it become one of the best tips on how to get rid of itchy skin. Baking soda is supportive in the absorption of excess oil on your skin that is the main cause for most types of acnes. In addition, it can restore the balance of pH level on the skin and eliminate impurities effectively.
- Get 1-2 spoons of baking soda mixed with water.
- Get the paste applied over the areas affected by itchiness.
- After about 20 minutes, use warm water to wash these areas.
You ought to follow this method once or twice per day until you notice improvements.
Containing a remarkable amount of vitamins and antioxidant nutrients, tomato is one of the most supportive tips on how to get rid of itchy skin. You might be very familiar with the process of applying tomato slices directly on the skin to get rid of acne scars or aging spots, right? The same can be applied in the itchy skin treatment or if your favorite way is to use its juice, just do it. Tomato should be used 2-3 times on a daily basis to get the best result.
Known as a natural source of antioxidant substances, lemon has been used for centuries to eradicate impurities, including bacteria, from the skin. Therefore, it can be regarded as one of the best tips on how to get rid of itchy skin. It is also good for the growth of new skin.
- A lemon is squeezed to get the fresh juice.
- Combine two equal parts of the juice and water to reduce strong acidity of lemon.
- Get a cotton ball dipped in the mixture and applied over the skin affected by itchiness.
- Several minutes later, wash the skin with water.
6. Aloe Vera
If you do not have much time to prepare all of these tips on how to get rid of itchy skin, simple get some fresh Aloe Vera gel rubbed over the skin affected by itchy skin a few times per day to get rid of it quickly. With anti-inflammatory and antibacterial qualities, Aloe Vera is a valid recommendation .
Many models choose yogurt to consume every day to keep their form while others use it as an useful mask to protect their skin from impurities and bacterial infection. Therefore, you can see it as one of the best how to get rid of itchy skin. The lactic acid in yogurt is claimed to be super effective for the itchy skin treatment.
- Take two spoons of yogurt to combine with one spoon of milk.
- You can add some drops of raw honey before stirring them well.
- Get the mixture applied over the skin in about 20 minutes before you use water to rinse the skin.
With a high content of many vitamins and essential nutrients, you can use avocado – one of the best tips on how to get rid of itchy skin – to get rid of this problem quickly. Please read Health Benefits of Avocado to know more about amazing avocado.
- Take half an avocado and get it mashed. You can pour some drops of raw honey to maximize the benefits.
- Have it applied over your skin in 20 minutes before you take warm water to wash it away.
Strawberry consists of salicylic acid which is believed to make the pores open and therefore, all the bacteria trapped there can be removed quickly. If you want to speed up the itchy skin treatment, you had better get strawberries immediately.
- Get some strawberries mashed and put some drops of raw honey into it.
- Get the mixture rubbed over the areas where itchy feeling appears.
- 20 minutes later, cold water should be used to rinse your skin.
- Honey should be rubbed over the skin affected by itchy skin.
- After approximately 15 minutes, you had better wash your skin with warm water.
Maybe even the inventor of toothpaste did not think of this application of it, right? Strange as it may sound, toothpaste is still one of the simplest how to get rid of itchy skin because there is fluoride in it – a substance that can eliminate the bacteria very well.
20 minutes after you rub toothpaste over the itchy skin, you had better rinse it with cold water.
Potato can absorb the excessive amount of oil on your skin very well. In addition, its vitamins are also great in the efforts to prevent the red and inflamed skin. Undoubtedly, potato is a great natural home remedy for itchy skin.
- Get the potato juice applied immediately over the itchy skin.
- 15 minutes later, you can wash it away with cool water.
13. Apple Cider Vinegar
One of the most powerful home remedies for itchy skin and its consequences is apple cider vinegar. It helps to neutralize the pH level on your skin immediately and prevents the bacteria from expanding to other areas .
- Combine two equal amounts of this vinegar and water.
- A cotton ball ought to be dipped in the mixture and placed over the skin.
You are recommended to do so before going to bed every night and wash your face when you wake up.
14. Coconut Oil
Serving as a natural hydrating agent, coconut oil has been used in the itchy skin treatment for many years. Its fresh and sweet smell is a great advantage in protecting your skin from dryness.
- With the help of a cotton swab, you should have some drops of coconut oil applied over the skin before you hit the sack.
- When you wake up, you can wash your face with cool water.
15. Tea Tree Oil
Like coconut oil, tea tree oil is another natural home remedy for itchy skin. You might notice this name in many other home remedies, such as Home Remedies for Blemishes.
To apply it on your skin, follow the same way as mentioned in coconut oil. You ought to apply this remedy until itchy skin disappears completely.
*Disclaim: The effectiveness from applying these natural tips will be depended on the body condition of the applicant.