Table of Contents
Besides a smooth skin, everyone would love their skin to have even color. A lot of people would use skin tanning or whitening products. Some others use makeup products like foundation or concealer to make their skin look flawless. However, hyperpigmentation is something that will lead to patches of darker color on your skin. Uneven color and dark patches on the face due to hyperpigmentation can make you lose your confidence. So in this article, Authority Remedies is going to introduce to you the very basic definition of hyperpigmentation, the symptoms, causes and most importantly, how to get rid of hyperpigmentation.
What is Hyperpigmentation?
The symptoms of hyperpigmentation are some red acne that appears on the surface of the skin, often on the cheeks and nose. These acnes will gradually turn into brownish yellow. Hyperpigmentation doesn’t affect very much health, but the aesthetic beauty of each person can be damaged severely  .
What Causes Hyperpigmentation?
There are many causes of skin pigmentation, but they can be divided into two main groups .
From inside the body :
- Due to hormonal changes: pregnancy, menopause, menstrual disorders…
- Gynecological diseases such as chronic inflammation of the uterus, appendages inflammation, liver diseases and parasites, malaria.
- Because of mood, psychological mental, the mental state in prolonged stress.
From external factors :
- Unreasonable diet, rest, activity.
- Due to use of drugs, cosmetics improperly.
- Use the pill for a long time.
- Due to the impact of the external environment, such as sunlight, smog, pollution, …
How to Get Rid of Hyperpigmentation with OTC Treatments
The first and foremost type of treatment we are going to mention is over-the-counter products. This treatment is picked by plenty of people with any health issues because it is convenient and reasonably priced. So what are some of our recommendation OTC products that will be the key to how to get rid of hyperpigmentation? Stay tuned to find out!
Surely you have heard of many lightening cream brands. Lightening creams, also known as bleaching creams or whiteners, contain active ingredients that have the ability to eliminate melanin in your skin, making it brighter. Lightening creams have always been used as a way for people to lighten hyperpigmentation issues such as scars, freckles, or melasma.
Take a look at Divine Derriere Skin Lightening. This product has been reviewed by hundreds of people to have been effective with their dark spots. What does it contain? 2% Hydroquinone, Vitamin E, and Licorice Extract that will help brighten your skin tone, get rid of hyperpigmentation while keeping your skin hydrated! This is one of the ultimate answers on how to get rid of hyperpigmentation without dehydrating your skin.
Most of the time, lightening creams are applied to the affected areas once or twice on a daily basis. If you notice any rashes or abnormalities on your skin, stop using the product immediately and ask for doctor’s consult.
Before you buy any lightening creams, make sure the brand is of good quality, trusted by many people, and have shown to be effective with them.
These are a kind of skin whitening skin, and how to get rid of hyperpigmentation with face acids? They do their job by peeling off the outer layer of your skin, leading to the regrowth of new skin cells with no lesions. These products can also make your skin smoother to the touch!
Face acids can be purchased at local drugstores. They usually contain different kinds of acids like glycolic acid, lactic acid, citric acid, salicylic acid, or Vitamin C. Face acids are more effective when used on brighter-skinned people.
Kiss Red E Anti Aging Whitening Cream is the must-have for anyone who wants to recover and rejuvenate their skin with unwanted dark spots. It has been proven to actually work fast for hundreds of people. Now hear us out. The best thing about this cream is that it is organic and vegan, so that’s a good choice for organic and vegan lovers out there! The price is reasonable as well, so why don’t you give it a try?
Retinoids have long been known as the miracle of all skin problems. It might be a little overstating, but retinoids can be the solution to acne-prone skin, wrinkled skin, and even hyperpigmentation. There are two types of retinoids which are widely known, retinol and tretinoin. Retinol is more common for being more benign to the skin. You should remember that all retinoids products are mostly used for aging skin rather than to treat hyperpigmentation.
FineVine Natural Retinol Cream: Apply this cream twice daily and feel the difference! The cream contains Retinol, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin E and B5, Jojoba Oils, and Green Tea Extracts. These ingredients are the key to how to get rid of hyperpigmentation with retinoids cream. They will aid in minimizing dark spots, blemishes and uneven skin tone!
LilyAna Naturals Retinol Cream: Thousands of customers never regretted purchasing this product, and neither will you! This retinol cream helps you find the answer to how to get rid of hyperpigmentation because its components work wonder for those who with blemish-prone skin types. It’s fantastic because it will not leave any oily residue on your face, clog pores, or cause irritation. For your information, LilyAna Cream does not contain artificial fragrance, parabens, and is not tested on animals!
How to Get Rid of Hyperpigmentation with Dermatological Methods
Dermatological treatments involve going to a dermatologist and have your skin examined in order to get the most suitable specific way of treating hyperpigmentation. There should be two common choices for you on how to get rid of hyperpigmentation with dermatological procedures, and those are chemical peels and laser treatment.
You can guess by the name of it, chemical peel is simply using a chemical solution on your skin to peel off the surface layer and make it even color. This is usually acidic, which will make your skin begin to swell up and blister. After a certain amount of time, the surface layer will peel off, leaving a new layer of skin with even color with other parts of your body.
Laser method is another answer of how to get rid of hyperpigmentation. It is quite similar to chemical therapies, but laser treatment will focus more precisely on the affected area on your skin, because when you are going through a laser procedure, the dermatologist will treat the hyperpigmented skin area with light and they will adjust the intensity of the laser beam according to how much your skin needs it.
Even though chemical peel and laser therapies can be highly effective, they are often costly, hence not affordable for everyone. Besides, there might be some side effects to the skin which are irritation, inflammation or burning. These types of treatments are not advisable for people with darker skin, because they are at a more significant risk of getting inflamed. So how to get rid of hyperpigmentation economically and safely? The answer lies in the next part of this article. We will present to you 10+ natural home-based remedies to say goodbye to hyperpigmentation!
Home Remedies for Hyperpigmentation
Here are the top 15 most recommended tips for how to get rid of hyperpigmentation that you can use to remove the acne and maintain healthy skin.
Lemon is one of the most common tips on how to get rid of hyperpigmentation. It is because there are a lot of citric acids in a lemon that can help whiten the skin and alleviate the dark blemishes on the skin surface .
You can read more at How To Get Rid Of Blemishes.
How to do it:
- Cut half a lemon and squeeze to get the juice.
- Dip a cotton ball in the juice then apply it on the affected skin.
- Let the cotton ball sit on for at least 10 minutes then remove.
- Finally, wash off your face with water.
Apply the method 2 times a day and last for a few months until the symptoms are alleviated.
Honey can be used as a method on how to get rid of hyperpigmentation thanks to its amazing properties. People whose skin is dry also prefer using honey . You can find more at How To Get Rid Of Dry Skin.
How to do it:
- Take 2-3 teaspoons of raw honey and mix with the equal amount of lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture on the skin to form a facial mask.
- Then place a warm towel on the mask to cover it well.
- Keep this for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the mask by rinsing off with lukewarm water.
Follow the method once a week to see the results.
3. Raw Potato
Potato is always used in making a facial mask for the skin due to its blemishes enzymes. As one of the keys on how to get rid of hyperpigmentation cream, raw potato can act to lighten the affected skin .
How to do it:
- Take a potato and slice it into some small and thin slices.
- Clean your face with fresh water then apply these potato slices so that they can cover the whole skin face.
- Let them sit on for 5-10 minutes.
- After that, remove then wash off with water.
Follow the method 3-4 times a week.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has wonderful skin lighting effects that will decline and eliminate the dark patches on the skin. In addition, it can help restore the natural color of the skin thanks to its astringent properties. Therefore, it is an excellent tip on how to get rid of hyperpigmentation.
How to do it:
- Take a cup of apple cider vinegar and mix with a cup of warm water to get a solution.
- Use this solution to wash your face.
- After 2-3 minutes, rinse off your face with fresh water to remove the solution completely.
Follow the remedy 2 times a day can continue for a few weeks so that the dark patches can be alleviated completely. Apple Cider Vinegar can be used to treat pimples, as you can follow more at How To Get Rid of Pimples Fast.
5. Vitamin E
Vitamin E is very necessary for a beautiful and healthy skin. Also, vitamin E will be very helpful in solving how to get rid of hyperpigmentation as it can neutralize the effects of UV rays and protect the skin.
How to do it:
- Cut a vitamin E capsule to get the liquid inside.
- Add to it 4 drops of castor oil then mix well.
- Before going to sleep, rub the mixture on the affected areas.
- Keep this overnight then remove in the next morning by washing off the face with lukewarm water.
Apply the remedy every day and continue for some weeks to get the best treatment.
Turmeric can act as a hyperpigmentation cream to keep the skin out of infections as well as it will help in whitening the dark patches that make you ask how to get rid of hyperpigmentation.
How to do it:
- Take a teaspoon of turmeric powder then mix with the equal amount of lemon juice to get a paste.
- Apply the paste to the affected skin areas.
- Leave it for 20 minutes then remove and rinse off with cold water.
- After applying this method, remember not to exposure to the sunlight for 1 hour.
Follow the method daily after having a bath to take the best results.
7. Aloe Vera
The Aloe Vera gel, a wonderful tip on how to get rid of hyperpigmentation, contains a lot of mucilaginous polysaccharides that will bring about some amazing effects as well as you apply it. Aloe Vera can exclude the dead skin cells and support the development of new skin cells. Therefore, it is also one of the most popular Home Remedies for Acne Scars.
All you need to do is just take some Aloe Vera gel and apply to the hyperpigmented skin. Keep it through the night. In the next morning, remove the gel by rinsing off with lukewarm water.
Take this remedy daily for a few weeks to improve the situation.
8. Orange Peel
People often remove orange peel without understanding the wonderful effects of orange peel in your direction on how to get rid of hyperpigmentation. In fact, the use of orange peel comes from its component- citric acid.
After eating orange, keep the peel and dry it under the sunlight then grind the peel into powder form and save it. When using it to treat hyperpigmentation, take 1 teaspoon and mix with one teaspoon of lemon juice, one teaspoon of milk. Apply the mixture on the affected skins and keep for at least 20 minutes. Gently massage the skin during this time. Finally, rinse off with water to remove it.
Follow the remedy 3 times a week so that it can help support cell renewal and alleviate dark skin patches.
Avocado has fatty acids, vitamin C and oleic acid that are very effective to help you answer how to get rid of hyperpigmentation dark spots. Moreover, the fruit also reduces pigmentation thanks to its variety of enzymes and vitamin E.
How to do it:
- Take an avocado, remove the peel and grind it into a smooth paste.
- Then apply the paste on the hyperpigmented areas.
- Let the paste sit on for about 30 minutes then remove it and rinse off with water.
Repeat the process for at least twice a month.
Sandalwood can work in almost any situations of skin blemishes. But you might be wondering how to get rid of hyperpigmentation with sandalwood. It acts like a stimulant, cooling agent and blood purifier to eliminate the dark patches and get back the natural tone of your skin.
How to do it:
- Take 2 teaspoons of sandalwood powder and mix with the same amount of rose water to get a thick paste.
- Apply the paste to the whole facial skin to create a mask.
- Keep this for at least 30 minutes then remove.
- Wash off with lukewarm water to clean up your face.
Follow the method twice a day for few weeks to get rid of dark spots quickly.
Almonds are very good for the skin health thanks to its variety of vitamin E. It can work as a great hyperpigmentation removal. So how to get rid of hyperpigmentation using almond?
How to do it:
- Take five almonds and put them into water for a night.
- In the next day, take them out then grind.
- Add enough amount of milk to form a paste.
- Mix the paste with 1 teaspoon of honey and some lemon juice.
- Apply the paste on the affected skin and keep it overnight.
- Next morning, remove it completely by washing off with water.
Follow the method every for about 2 weeks to see the results.
12. Cucumber Juice
Cucumber is another kind of fruit that can act as a hyperpigmentation cream and lighten the dark patches as well as fade blemishes.
How to do it:
- Take 1 teaspoon of cucumber juice and mix well with the equal amount of honey and lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture on the affected areas and leave it for 30 minutes.
- After the mixture becomes dry naturally, remove it by washing off with water.
Apply the method once daily for several weeks to get the best results.
Tomato can help treat hyperpigmentation as it can act like a natural bleach and skin lightening agent. With the help of tomato, you will know the key to how to get rid of hyperpigmentation.
How to do it:
- Take a tomato and squeeze it to get the juice.
- Mix the tomato juice with 2 teaspoons of oatmeal and a half teaspoon of yogurt.
- Rub the mixture on the affected skin and let it sit on for about 20 minutes.
- After that, rinse off the mixture with water.
Follow the method daily for several weeks.
Papaya has enzyme papain that can be used as natural exfoliation to remove the dead cells skin. Also, it can help remove the pigmented layers of skin and whiten the skin.
How to do it:
- Take a papaya and remove its skin and seeds then grind to get a paste.
- Apply the papaya paste on the facial skin.
- Let the paste sit on for about 30 minutes then remove with water.
Apply the method 2-3 times a week and continue for a month to get rid of dark spots completely.
15. Guava and Banana
The combination of these two fruits can be a wonderful home hyperpigmentation cream. Banana can help in exfoliating while guava works very effective in treating darkening of skin and dark pigmentation.
How to do it:
- Take a guava and remove its skin and seeds then grind well.
- Repeat the same process with banana.
- Then, mix well the two pulps to form a paste.
- Apply the paste to your facial skin.
- After 15-20 minutes, remove the paste and wash off with lukewarm water.
Follow the remedy daily for a few weeks to see the effects.
Hyperpigmentation needs times to be treated. Be patient to try either of our home remedies so that you can fight again the hard disease as well as protect and support your skin health.
So there you have it! We have covered pretty much all aspects you need to know about hyperpigmentation including what it is, what causes it and how to remove it, with OTC treatments, meeting with a dermatologist and homemade remedies. Hopefully, we have answered your question “How to get rid of hyperpigmentation”.
If you have any questions or opinion, we would love to hear from you! You can reach out to us by commenting down below, and don’t forget to share the information so that your family and friends know more about this topic!
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!