Although dark skin on neck is not an infection and not contagious, it is the problem no one want to get. More specifically, dark skin on neck is easily noticed along the sides and back of the neck, which make people feel less attractive and confident. In some cases, this problem can lead to lower self-esteem of a person. Accordingly, it is a wish to many people to know how to get rid of dark skin on neck promptly .
Causes of Dark Skin on Neck
Notably, the main cause of dark skin is the poor hygiene, in which people do not usually wash or scrub the skin around the area. Besides, there are many reasons can also causing the condition like excessive sun exposure, diabetes, and obesity with other diseases.
Symptoms of Dark Skin on Neck
The condition is really noticeable so you will soon know if you get dark skin on neck. First, there will be patches appearing on the skin of the neck, which are dark and thick. Gradually, these spots get darker and darker then spread to other parts of the neck over months and years.
Fortunately, there are many natural ingredients around the house or easily found in groceries or market, which can be used to treat this condition. Let’s explore top 14 remedies on how to get rid of dark skin on neck.
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera will never let you down whenever it comes to skin problems. It has become a trusted and helpful friend of women in treating and preventing beauty issues. There is no exception in this case when aloe vera lightens the skin color and reduces discoloration in the neck area. It is such a great remedy on how to get rid of dark skin on neck .
- Take an aloe vera leaf and get the gel inside it
- Use the extracted gel to apply and massage gently the skin on neck
- Wash off with water after 20 minutes
- Do this on daily basis so that your skin will be soon lightened
Read more Health Benefits of Aloe Vera.
Almonds make such a wonderful remedy on how to get rid of dark skin on neck thanks to its rich content of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. All of these combine together to improve the skin and eliminate the discoloration. There are many ways you can use to apply almonds .
- Take a half of teaspoon of almonds powder then add into it one teaspoon each of honey and milk powder. Mix them well together to get a thick paste to apply onto the dark areas. Wash off the skin with water after half an hour. To get the best result, you’d better do this at least 2-4 times a week.
- Alternatively, you can use almond oil to massage your neck after heating it slightly. This will help moisturize your neck skin as well as improve the blood circulation in the area.
- Before bed, put 4-5 almonds into the water and leave them there until the next morning. Take the almonds out and grind well to make the paste then apply on the neck area. Rinse off the skin with cold water after scrub in a few minutes. Repeat this 1-2 times a week and you will soon the expected result.
Read more Amazing Almond – A Must-Eat Superfood.
The content of vitamins and minerals in walnuts are essential to the skin. Basically, walnuts are able to nourish, moisturize and treat many skin problems, including dark skin on neck. As a result, it makes a wonderful remedy on how to get rid of dark skin on neck .
- Crush some walnuts and mix them with yogurt to get a thick paste
- Use the paste to apply and massage the dark areas of the skin
- Massage the areas in some minutes and let it dry naturally
- Wash off with warm water
- Do this at least twice a week for the best result
Read more Top 10 Walnuts Health Benefits.
Cucumber is always on the list of ingredients used in treatments for skin problems, including home remedies on how to get rid of dark skin on neck. This is due to its soothing properties, which can exfoliate dead skin cells, boost the healing process and whiten the skin .
- Have a cucumber cut into thin slices, apply them onto your neck and leave there for 10 minutes. Finally, remove all slices and wash again with water
- Alternatively, extract the juice from a cucumber and apply it on the neck. After 10 minutes of scrub, rinse off again with water
- For better result, you can add into the cucumber juice some lemon juice and follow exact same steps after that.
Read more Cucumber – A Great Superfood.
5. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice has been so well known for the antioxidant properties, especially vitamin C. This valuable substance has the ability to exfoliate dead cells and lighten the skin. As a result, people rely on this ingredient to make remedies on how to get rid of dark skin on neck .
- Use a cotton ball dipped in lemon juice to apply on the dark skin on neck. Wash off with water after 20 minutes of waiting. Remember to avoid sunlight or apply sunscreen whenever you are exposed to the sun at least during the time you are applying the remedy.
- Make a mixture of lemon juice and rose water to apply on the neck skin before bed. Do this until you see improvement.
Also, lemon is often on the top of the ingredients’ list used in treatments for several different problems of beauty, including Home Remedies for Blemishes.
Being an excellent exfoliator, oats are highly effective in home remedy on how to get rid of dark skin on neck.
- Make a paste with 2 teaspoons of ground oats, a little tomato pure and apply it to the dark area on the neck. After 20 minutes, scrub it gently and wash off with cold water.
- Another way to make a paste is mix ground oats with milk and honey. Follow the same steps above to help with dark skin areas.
Every method should be done at least twice a week for the best result.
7. Baking Soda
Another ingredient you can try is baking soda, which can effectively remove dead skin cells, cleanse and lighten the dark spots on neck.
- Make a paste with baking soda and water in the ratio of 3:1
- Apply the past onto the dark area and allow it to dry naturally
- After a few minutes, wash off with water
- Repeat the method twice a week to promptly improve the skin color
Aside from the benefits of making remedies on how to get rid of dark skin on neck, baking soda should be always kept in your pantry since it is not only good for problems in adults, but also safe to treat many health issues in babies and children. To find out more, please take a look at Home Remedies for Diaper Rash.
8. Orange Peel
It is not a good idea to throw away the peel of oranges since it is so rich in vitamin C. Such vitamin helps you a lot in lightening and whitening the skin .
- Put some orange peel under the sun. After it is dried out, grind it into powder. Make a mixture of whole milk and the powder in the same ratio. Use it to apply onto the dark area. After it is dried naturally, rinse of the area with cold water.
- Grate some orange peel and mix with some orange juice. Also, apply the mixture onto the neck and wash off with water after 10 minutes. Do this on daily basis.
Read more Top Health Benefits of Oranges.
It would be uncompleted if our list is lack of potatoes, which have strong bleaching abilities. Thanks to this, potatoes are good at lightening the skin and reducing discoloration.
- Extract the juice from potatoes or use potato slices to apply on neck. Leave it there in 10-15 minutes then wash off with water.
- Another way to apply the ingredient is boil and smash a potato. Add some milk to the paste and mix them well. Next, apply the mixture to the dark areas and leave it for at least 15-20 minutes. Finally wash off with cold water. Do this 2-3 times a week to get the best result.
Read more Health Benefits of Potatoes.
10. Cocoa Butter
Thanks to the rich content of vitamins and nutrients, cocoa butter is a trusted friend helping you with the remedies on how to get rid of dark skin on neck. Furthermore, it provides moisture to keep the skin look fresh and elastic .
- Use the mixture of cocoa butter, milk and honey to apply on the next. Leave it there for some minutes then wash thoroughly.
- The improvement on the skin will come quickly when you see the black spots fade away.
Tomatoes make another effective home remedy on how to get rid of dark skin on the neck. Before adding glow to the skin, tomatoes work actively to exfoliate and lighten the skin color.
- Blend a tomato until it becomes a smooth puree. Add some honey into it and mix well. Next, apply the mixture to the skin on your next and leave it for 15 minutes. Finally, wash off with water.
- Alternatively, use tomato puree and cucumber juice to make a mixture. Apply it to the neck area and massage gently. After 25 minutes, rinse with cold water. Do this at least 2-3 times a day to get the best result.
Read more Health Benefits of Tomatoes.
12. Milk Cream
Milk is such a great ingredient to cleanse and remove dead skin cells. Furthermore, when it is mixed with other ingredients, milk acts as a moisturizer to add glow to the skin.
- Make a mixture with milk cream and yogurt and use it to massage your neck skin on daily basis. Leave it there for a few minutes and wash it off with warm water.
- Alternatively, use fresh milk cream or mix it with flour to rub all over the neck area. Finally, cleanse again with water.
Besides beaut treatments, yogurt makes a wonderful remedy for health problems, especially in women, including Home Remedies for Bacterial Vaginosis.
13. Chickpea flour
If there is no ingredient mentioned appears in your house but chickpea flour, take advantage of it. Chickpea flour is also an effective remedy on how to get rid of dark skin on neck.
- Mix chickpea flour with some turmeric and water to make a thick paste.
- Use the paste to apply on the dark areas then let it dry
- After 20 minutes, wash the area off with cold water
- Do this on daily basis until you see the expected result
14. Olive oil
Olive oil is so familiar with people in daily life for many purposes, including skin care. Not only face, olive oil is also highly effective in treating black skin on your neck by cleansing, nourishing and lightening the skin .
- Mix olive oil and lemon juice together and apply it to the dark area. Use your finger to massage the skin with circle movement. After 20 minutes then cleanse the area with water. You will soon see the black spots fade away
- In a simpler way, you just need to heat some oil up and use it to massage.
Plus, olive oil is also a reliable ingredient in treating other beauty problems, especially for skin like Home Remedies for Acne.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!