What is Blepharitis?
What causes Blepharitis?
What are the symptoms of Blepharitis?
The inflamed eyelids will cause you to suffer from a burning sensation in the eyes and sometimes, unbearable pain. Another symptom that is easy to see is the swelling and redness in the eyes. Your vision may be affected and it is more difficult to see everything clearly. Besides, your eyes may become dry and more sensitive when exposed to the light  .
Any problem to the eyes should be carefully checked and solved because they are one of the most sensitive parts of our body. You should choose treatment that does not pose any threat in the long term. Therefore, natural home remedies are highly appreciated .
Here are top 15 most recommended and simple tips on how to get rid of blepharitis that you might consider applying immediately in order to reduce the discomfort for your eyelids as well as prevent further consequences.
The first suggestion on how to get rid of blepharitis is to use potato. The cooling quality of potato can help deal with the burning sensation in your eyes which prevent you from even opening them. Besides, potato can stop the growth of bacteria in the eyes and eradicate them before the problem becomes worse. Potato is among the best Home Remedies for Irritated Eyes.
- Prepare a clean potato and cut it into thin slices.
- Apple one slide of potato over the inflamed eyes to get rid of annoying symptoms of blepharitis.
- After about 15 minutes, remove the slices.
You should follow this method several times per day to get the best result.
There is no doubt that garlic is very powerful in fighting against the bacteria and inflammation. Therefore, this natural home remedy for blepharitis is supportive in the efforts to cleanse your inflamed eyes.
- Get some garlic cloves and you should cut off the skin first.
- Make sure that the cloves are clean.
- They should be grinded to get a juice.
- You can take advantage of a gauge to rub the juice over the eyes affected by blepharitis.
- After about 6 hours, use cold water to wash these areas.
The most ideal time to apply this method is before you go to bed and you can wash it in the next morning.
3. Coconut Oil
The fresh smell of coconut oil is a great advantage, but its richness of nutrients is even more wonderful, especially in the blepharitis treatment. It can help you stay away from the painful feeling and swollen eyes which may scare many other people. It is one of few natural home remedies for blepharitis that can be applied immediately on the eyes.
To avoid damaging your eyes, you should make use of a cotton ball to dip in the oil and place it on the eyelids. It should be kept there in about 20 minutes. Coconut oil can be used 3-4 times on daily basis to get rid of blepharitis.
4. Aloe Vera
With antiseptic, antibacterial and antiviral qualities, Aloe Vera is undeniable one of the best tips on how to get rid of blepharitis. The inflammation caused by blepharitis can be easily dealt with thanks to the soothing quality of aloe vera. Aloe Vera is also used in Home Remedies for Pink Eye as well.
- Get the fresh Aloe Vera gel and keep it in the fridge for several hours.
- Rub it over the eyes affected by blepharitis several times per day.
5. Tea Tree Oil
If you cannot get access to aloe vera gel or coconut oil, you can use tea tree oil as a wonderful alternative way to get rid of blepharitis. If you want to maximize the benefits, which means to speed up the blepharitis treatment to the fullest extent, you can combine tea tree oil with another natural essential oil, such as olive oil or coconut oil     .
- Prepare tea tree oil or a combination of both oils.
- A cotton ought to be dipped in the oil and put over the eyes affected by blepharitis.
6. Warm Water
Do you know that if you close your eyes and stand under warm shower, it is the best way to help the eyes relax and recover from tiredness? The same tip can be applied to get rid of blepharitis quickly and effectively. The bacteria accumulating on the eyelids will be washed away by water and its warmth enables you not to feel painful any more.
7. Tea Bag
A simple and completely inexpensive way to get rid of blepharitis is to use tea bags. You can make use tea bags to get rid of black eye.
- Prepare boiling water and leave 1-2 tea bags into the water.
- Several minutes later, drag the tea bags out of the water.
- When the tea bags are cool, place them over the eyes affected by blepharitis.
8. Castor Oil
When the swelling and pain exceed your highest point of suffering, you can use castor oil to reduce their severity. It is the next recommendation on how to get rid of blepharitis and it works as amazingly as coconut oil or tea tree oil.
You can make use of either an eye-dropper or a cotton ball to rub several drops of castor oil on the eyelids or eyes affected by blepharitis. It is suggested that you apply before you hit the sack.
Castor oil is also a great way to grow thicker and longer eyeslashes.
With powerful ability to stop inflammation, salt is believed to be one of the best tips for how to get rid of blepharitis. It can reduce the irritation and stop the growth of bacteria on the eyelids .
- Mix some spoons of salt into warm water.
- A cloth ought to be dipped in the mixture.
- After squeezing the cloth to remove excess water, you can put it over the areas affected by blepharitis.
When honey is used frequently, it can help eliminate the dead cells and bacteria on the eyelids. They are mainly responsible for blepharitis and its development. Therefore, you can apply some drops of raw honey on the eyelids to get rid of blepharitis naturally but effectively.
11. Hot Compress
The hotness of water will help you deal with swollen eyes and itchiness that are common symptoms of blepharitis.
- Dip a cloth into boiling water.
- After that, you had better squeeze it to eliminate the excess water.
- Put it over the eyes in several minutes.
You can repeat doing this several times per day to get the best result.
12. Cold Compress
If the hot compress does not work well for you or you want to speed up the blepharitis treatment, you can use cold compress as well. It is also a great tip on how to get rid of blepharitis.
- Get cold water and a cloth.
- The cloth should be soaked in cold water and then, squeezed to expel the water.
- It should be placed over the eyes inflamed by blepharitis.
The frequent consumption of fish will supply you with an abundant amount of omega-3 fatty acids which are believed to be supportive in the blepharitis treatment. Some fish, such as salmon or tuna, can have positive effects on the vision as well.
Marigold is well-known for the anti-inflammatory quality, which explains for its appearance in top 15 tips on how to get rid of blepharitis.
- Marigold and water should be mixed together.
- Then, you can take the mixture to wash the eyes on a daily basis.
Comfrey is very active in the efforts to eradicate the pain and itchiness caused by blepharitis. These are the most annoying blepharitis symptoms for sufferers. It should be used every day to get rid of blepharitis quickly. You can mix it with water and use the mixture to wash the eyes.
*Disclaim: The effectiveness from applying these natural tips will be depended on the body condition of the applicant.