Back fat, back boob or bra bulges, all of them describe the fat on your back, which potentially ruin your look. However, not many people pay attention on this part of the body, especially women since they afraid of getting huge muscles just like man shoulders.
Even if you do not think of building muscles on your back, it is still important to get rid of fat and tone up this part as it helps you not only become more attractive in a strapless dress but also have a better posture. More importantly, with strong back muscles, you can also reduce the risk of getting back pain and injuries.
Here are top 10 exercises to get rid of back fat that will help you effectively and quickly get the perfect shape you desire…
1. Rocking Plank
The first exercise on the list of exercise for back fat is rocking plank. Not only does it help to strengthen your back, but it also has ability to tone up your core muscles.
- Lie on your stomach and keep your body straight. Bend your elbows and place your hands next to your shoulders.
- Raise your body up until only your palms and toes touch the floor. Make sure that you keep your palms directly below your shoulders and firmly on the ground while both legs straight and feet together. This is your starting position.
- Slowly move your body forward and rise higher on your toes. Remember to keep your back always straight. Hold it for a few second then come back to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement for 10 times then relax before starting over again.
- You need to do 3 sets of 10 reps every day and increase the number of sets after a week.
2. Side Forearm Plank
Planks have been always perfect exercises for back fat. Also, they help increase the strength of your abdominal muscles and arms.
- Lie down on one side with your body straight from shoulder to feet, place the upper legs on top of the other.
- Use the lower arm to support your body to lift off the floor and make sure your elbow is directly below your shoulder. You can put the other hand on your hip or along your upper side.
- Hold it for 10-15 seconds then lie down to relax.
- Keep doing this 5 times daily.
- You can increase the length of time you hold it or the times you repeat the exercises to get rid of back fat.
3. Hip Twist Plank
Another position of plank that you can follow as one of exercises to get rid of back fat is hip twist plank.
- Lie down on your stomach then raise your body up. Use your forearm and toes to hold the body, keeping your elbows directly below your shoulder, back and both legs straight, feet together.
- Slowly turn your body to one side and drop your hip to the ground. Remember to keep your back and legs straight during the rotation.
- Hold it for a few seconds before turning to the opposite side. You can stop between the rotations to control your balance if necessary.
- Do this 20 times than relax.
- Repeat 3 sets of 20 times daily and increase the number of sets after 1 week.
The basic exercise seems to provide you a lot benefits, as it not only helps get rid of back fat but also strengthen the arms, shoulders and belly.
- Get down on the floor with your hands firmly on the floor, wider than shoulder-width apart, both feet together. Make sure to keep your body straight from shoulders to feet.
- Slowly bend your elbows and move your body to the floor as low as you can but do not touch it. Remember to keep the body straight during the step, only your arms and elbows are allowed to move in this position.
- Hold it for a few seconds before pushing up to the starting position.
- Repeat these movements 10-20 times and increase the number as soon as you feel comfortable with it.
5. Push-Ups with Hand Raise
To challenge yourself with higher level of basic push-ups, try push-ups with hand raise. It will help you accelerate the process of fat burning and tone up your back fast.
- Similar to basic push-ups, start with pushup position but keep your feet separated in a distance wider than shoulder width.
- Lower your body to perform a normal pushup.
- Slowly push your body up and simultaneously raise one hand straightforward so it is parallel to the floor.
- Come back to the starting position then start over with the other hand.
- Remember to keep your body straight from shoulder to feet during the exercise, inhale and exhale as normal.
- Keep doing this 20 times and alter sides each reps. Increase the number as you feel comfortable with the reps.
6. Arm and Leg Lifts
If you are wondering how to get rid of back fat, do not hesitate to try the arm and leg lifts exercise.
- Get down on the floor with your hands and knees; place your palms directly below your shoulders and knees directly below your hips. Bend your knees at right angles.
- Simultaneously, raise your right arm and left leg so they can get in line with your body. Breathe in and out as normal and hold the position for 10 seconds.
- Come back to the starting position and switch your leg and arm.
- Do 4 more sets each day.
7. Side Fierce
This is a yoga pose that is beneficial for your quads, glutes and upper back.
- Stand upright with your feet together.
- Rise your arms straight over your head and bend your knees to lower your hips, simulating you are sitting on a chair. Remember to keep your back straight.
- Join your palms in front of your chest. Slowly rotate your upper body to the left, crossing your right elbows over the outer of the left knee. Keep your lower body still.
- Put the bottom elbow on your thigh and try to turn your chest up.
- Hold it for 5-10 seconds then rise back to the starting position. Switch to the other side.
- Repeat the reps 5 times daily.
This exercise is highly effective in training not only your back but also your shoulders.
- Stand straight with both feet together.
- Slowly kick your right leg backward and put the whole body weight on the left leg.
- Keep your right leg straight then move your upper body forward so it is in line with your leg and parallel to the floor.
- Stretch your arms out to each side to keep balance.
- Keep all your body tight and balanced and hold the position for 10 seconds.
- Slowly come back to the starting position and switch to the other side of the leg.
- Repeat this exercise 5 times daily and increase the level to get rid of back fat fast.
9. Spine Extensions
Regarding exercises for back fat, you shouldn’t skip spin extensions, which is answer for your question “How to get rid of lower back fat”. You can use a carpet or mat to perform this exercise.
- First, lie down on your stomach, your body straight from shoulders to feet, your arm placed along your sides.
- Without moving your stomach and using arms or legs, raise your upper body and legs up with your muscles in lower back and glutes. Open your shoulders and keep it back, your chin close to your neck. You can choose either keeping your hands on the floor to support the body or lift it to the air to increase the difficulty level.
- Keep inhaling and exhaling during the step. Hold it for at least 10 seconds then relax.
- Repeat these movements for 5 times daily.
Last but not least, the exercise for how to get rid of back fat that you should take into consideration is bow. Without doubt, this exercise is definitely designed to train your back and tone up the muscles in this part of the body.
- Lie down on your stomach, bend your knees and use your hand to catch the ankles. Remember to keep your toes together whether you let your feet point or flex.
- Inhale, use the muscles of your back and glutes to lift your upper body and legs up without moving your stomach.
- Try to rest on your navel by shifting your weight forward.
- Hold the position for 10 seconds then relax.
- Repeat these movements for 5 times daily then increase the numbers after a week.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!