Table of Contents
In this article, we will introduce to you about the problem of high body heat as well as the top 15 most effective methods that we would like to recommend for you in order to control the temperature of your body efficiently.
What is High Body Heat?
Also called heat stress, it is the term used to describe an extremely common problem which is occurred due to high-temperature exposure. This problem happens when your body is unable to cool down efficiently by itself in order to maintain the temperature inside the appropriate range of between 36.5 and 37.5 degrees Celsius or 97.7 and 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit. Normally, the body will cool down through sweating; however, there might be some case which sweating is not enough, thus makes the temperature keep increasing.
What causes High Body Heat?
There are several factors which can trigger this problem such as humid and hot weather, long-time under the sun, tight clothes, physical exercises as well as strenuous workouts or some particular medical conditions.
Even though, high body heat is not classified as a disease, you still should not take it lightly. If this problem is not attended properly, it will lead to heatstroke .
This problem can occur to anyone, but it is more popular among over-65-years-old people, young children as well as babies, nursing and pregnant women and even physically-unwell people.
There will be some common signs such as dizziness, nausea, headache, muscle cramps, rapid heartbeat with sweating excessively, generalized lethargy as well weakness. Also those signs will often come together with dehydration.
When you are having this problem, it is suggested that you move to some areas with air-conditioner or shade as well as have tight clothes removed. Furthermore, have your body sponged using cool water are an effective method as well.
Here are the top 15 most effective home remedies to reduce body heat which are simple and easy for you to apply at home in order to decrease the high temperature of the body as well as maintain the normal function of your body.
1. Cool Water
The most effective ingredient in the list of home remedies to reduce body heat is none other than cool water. It is absolutely capable of assisting your body in the quick recovery from negative effects of high body heat.
How to use:
- Have some cool water the moment you realize your body temperature is increasing. Then consume slowly cool water once every 15 minutes.
- Another way is taking some ice cubes into a tub of cool water. Have your feet immersed in the tub for about 15 minutes.
- Also you might take some cool baths for lowering body heat.
2. Coconut Water
This ingredient is an excellent choice in the list of home remedies to reduce body heat for your treatment of heat exhaustion. The electrolyte compositions together with nutrients in coconut water are brilliant for rehydrating of your body as well as improving the energy.
You just need to simply consume some tender water from coconut for couples of time every day.
The high level of vitamin C is reason why lemon is considered a valuable ingredient in the list of home remedies to reduce body heat. It is able to oxygenate and hydrate your body in order to energize and refresh the body during hot days of the summer.
How to use:
- Take the juice from ½ a lemon into some water.
- Put in a teaspoon of honey and a little bit of salt.
- Consume 3 times per day.
With cooling and soothing properties, it is not hard to see why sandalwood is included in the list of home remedies to reduce body heat.
How to use:
- Take 2 tablespoons of its powder into either some cold milk or water to form a paste. Put in some drops of rose water and use the paste to apply directly onto the chest and forehead. Let it dry out and then cleanse off using warm water.
- Another way is taking some sandalwood oil to apply directly onto the forehead and keep it on for couples of hour. In case, you never use sandalwood oil before, have it diluted with a teaspoon of coconut oil and use the mixed oil to apply directly in order to prevent irritation for your skin.
- Also you can have some sandalwood powder sprinkled onto the armpits, back and chest after showering in order to keep the temperature of your body cool.
How to use:
- Take some fresh peppermint leaves into some boiling water for about 15 minutes. Then have the leaves strained and let the water cool down. Take that water into a tub with cool water and have your body soaked for about 20 minutes. Also you can take some drops of essential oil from peppermint into a tub with cool water in order to make the peppermint bath.
- Also you can have some either dried or fresh leaves of peppermint steeped in some hot water. Then have the water strained and put in some honey for sweetening. Let it cool in the fridge and consume for couples of time per day. Besides lowering the high temperature, it can alleviate headache with nausea.
This fruit contains exceptionally high content of water; therefore, it is impossible to neglect it in the list of home remedies to reduce body heat. Considered an powerful detoxifier, it is capable of removing harmful toxins in your body which is one of the factor that trigger high body heat. Consuming watermelon on a regular basis will help you maintain hydration particularly during summer time.
How to use:
- Consume some watermelon slices or have it combined with sugar and cold milk into some refreshing drinks.
- Also you can have some watermelon cubes mixed with muskmelon and cucumber. Then have the mixture drizzled using balsamic vinegar and olive oil in order to create some healthy salads.
7. Aloe Vera
The gel from Aloe Vera leaf possesses incredible cooling and soothing properties which are significantly helpful for keep your body temperature normal. It will be a huge mistake to miss out Aloe Vera in the list of home remedies to reduce body heat.
- Take some gel from the leaf of Aloe Vera and use it to rub directly over the body. Keep it on for about 20 minutes and then take a cool bath. Perform again if needed.
- Also you can consume the Aloe Vera juice using maximum 2 tablespoons of gel from Aloe Vera leaf. It is not recommended to excess the limit of 2 tablespoons per day.
8. Indian Gooseberry
Also called amla, it is well-known to be an abundant source of vitamin C which is an essential vitamin in the list of home remedies to reduce body heat.
- Take a portion of amla juice into 4 portions of water. Put in some sugar or salt for better taste. Consume twice every day in the summer in order to avoid heat stress.
- Another way is taking 2 teaspoons of amla juice with a teaspoon each of lemon juice and honey into some water. Consume every early morning while your stomach is still empty.
This ingredient from the list of home remedies to reduce body heat is particularly effective for women who have hot flashes as well as men who possess high metabolism. It is able to supply your body with necessary vitamins and minerals which are lost in the process of sweating excessively.
How to use:
- Consume some buttermilk during breakfast in summer time in order to maintain coolness for your body during the day.
- Another way is taking ½ cup of thick yogurt with a little bit of salt and some water to blend altogether. Consume this mixture twice every day.
10. Poppy Seeds
Also called opium, this is a brilliant seed within the list of home remedies to reduce body heat due to its cooling property which can efficiently regulate the high heat in your body.
How to use:
- Take a teaspoon of poppy seeds to crush and mix with some sugar.
- Consume once every day during summer time in order to eliminate the excessive heat in your body.
- Also you might consume some poppy seeds before bedtime.
Note: Avoid taking poppy seeds in large amount. Moreover, children are not recommended to take poppy seeds.
Also called elaichi, it is an excellent Indian spice which is very popular in cooking. The reason why cardamom appears in the list of home remedies to reduce body heat is due to its detoxifying qualities which can help your body cool down. You can take cardamom with some tea.
Another member of the melon family which can make the list of home remedies to reduce body heat is muskmelon. This fruit is rich in water as well as nutrients which can totally help you avoid heat stress. Consume the juice of muskmelon daily will assist you in getting rid of health problems relating to high body heat.
13. Honeydew Melon
The last member of melon family within the list of home remedies to reduce body heat is honeydew melon. Needless to say about the effectiveness of honeydew melon, you just need to have some honeydew melon in your daily diet of summer time.
The list of home remedies to reduce body heat cannot be completed without cucumber. It is an extremely popular food in India during summer. With its cooling property, it is able to cool down instantly the high temperature of your body. You just need to have this vegetable included in the salad daily in order to keep out of heat stress.
The last ingredient in the list of home remedies to reduce body heat is radish. Abundance in water, it can effectively cool down your body. Together with vitamin C as well as antioxidants, it can remarkably support the treatment of high body heat.
- Keep out of exposing to humidity and heat excessively as much as possible.
- Consume some pomegranate juice together with some drops of almond oil daily in the morning.
- Put on some lightweight and loose-fitting clothes which can maintain your coolness.
- Do not put on clothes excessively as it might prevent your sweat from easily evaporating.
- Have some sleep in area that is well-ventilated and cool.
- Keep out of alcoholic and caffeinated beverages as they will impact the ability of the body in regulating temperature.
- Consume sufficient water during the day in order to resupply the loss of fluids during sweating.
- Stay in places with air-conditioner or shade during the peak days of summer.
- Avoid sitting inside a parked car under the sun.
- Have your physical activities or exercise scheduled at cooler time of the day like evening and early morning. Exercise regularly can help you avoid heat exhaustion in the long term because your body can adjust with hot conditions.
- Before hanging out under the sun, have sunscreen applied generously onto the exposed parts of your body in order to prevent harmful effects of the sun.
- Keep out of spicy and hot foods together with fried and fatty foods.
- Avoid consuming nuts every day as they might increase body heat. Restrain consumption to 2 – 3 times per week.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!