his article aims to provide you with a quick understanding of top natural home remedies to improve memory.
What cause Weak Memory?
Problems with memory are fairly common and majority is due to increasing in age. However, there are other factors which also contribute to the loss of memory such as depression, stress, lack of nutrition, sleep deprivation, over or underactive thyroid, smoking and alcohol consumption as well as some particular medications.
Here are the top 15 most effective home remedies to improve memory which are easy for you to follow at home in order to sharpen your memory as well as improve the functions of your brain.
How to use:
- Take 3 to 10 almonds to soak overnight.
- In the morning, peel off the skin and grind them into a paste.
- Have the paste boiled with some milk.
- Add in some honey or sugar depended on taste.
- Consume every day for about a month.
For more information about the benefits and applications of almond, please read: Amazing Almond – A Must-Eat Superfood.
The first herb introduced in the list of home remedies to improve memory is rosemary. The aroma from rosemary can effectively enhance the prospective memory which is essential for functioning daily.
Prospective memory is the term used to describe the ability to memorize some future schedules or appointments such as refill gas before going on a trip or call someone back…
How to use:
- Take a teaspoon of dried rosemary into some boiling water for at least 5 minutes. In case there are fresh rosemary available, take some into a pot filled with hot water for 5 minutes. After straining, add in some honey depended on taste. Consume every day for couples of week.
- Also you can inhale the aroma from rosemary oil by putting some into the diffuser.
Note: For people who are under 18 years of age, it is not recommended to apply this tip; however, included in food is acceptable.
3. Black Seed
The neuron-protecting, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties are enough to put black seed in the list of home remedies to improve memory. It can enhance attention, memory as well as cognition better than those ones who take placebo.
How to use:
- Take some honey with ½ teaspoon of grounded black seeds to consume twice per day for couples of week.
- Another way is taking black seed in supplementary form after consulting the doctor.
Black seed is excellent for not only mental problems like memory loss but also other external problems such as boils. For more information about the effectiveness of black seed on boils, please read: Home Remedies for Boils.
4. Indian Gooseberry
It would a huge loss for the treatment of mental condition or problems related to nervous system without mentioning Indian gooseberry. Its capability in promoting memory power and improve the strength of nervous system is sufficient for Indian gooseberry to appear in the list of home remedies to improve memory.
Indian gooseberry can help you enhance your memory as well as control the Alzheimer’s disease.
How to use:
- Take 1 to 3 teaspoons of amla for 3 times per day in couples of week.
- Another way is taking some root powder of amla with some white sesame seeds in equal amount then grind to create a powder. Put in a teaspoon of honey and consume once every day for couples of day.
Even though, Indian gooseberry is great at treating problems related to nervous system, it can even treat many condition related to internal organs such as fatty liver disease. If you want to know more about this condition of the liver, please take a look at: Home Remedies for Fatty Liver Disease.
It is effective at promote the word-recall memory as well as reduce anxiety and depression.
How to use:
- Take 1 to 2 teaspoons of brahmi leaves’ extracted juice for 2 to 3 times per day. You can consume together with honey.
- Also you can take ¼ to ½ teaspoon of brahmi powder with a bit of cardamom into some warm milk and consume 1 to 2 times every day. You might consider put in some clarified butter.
- Another way is taking the supplementary form like 300 mg extract every day but only after consulting the doctor.
- Perform those methods above for at least couples of week.
6. Fish Oil
The DHA from fish oil is also significantly essential in the prevention of brain plagues such as Alzheimer’s disease.
How to use:
- Take fish oil in supplementary form after consulting the doctor.
- Also you can consume more fatty fish such as herring, salmon, sardines and mackerel in your daily diet.
7. Coconut Oil
The first common kitchen ingredient from the list of home remedies to improve memory is coconut oil. It is great at fueling brain cells which will enhance memory as well as cognitive function.
How to use:
- Consume a teaspoon of cold-pressed organic virgin coconut oil twice every day regularly.
- Also add coconut oil into your daily diet like smoothies, salads and baking goods.
8. Cinnamon and Honey
This combination is excellent at easing nervous tension as well as enhancing memory. Furthermore, having honey at night before bedtime can help you avoid nocturnal metabolic stress while promote sleep which is essential for memory consolidation.
How to use:
- Take some cinnamon with a teaspoon of honey.
- Consume every day at night for at least couples of month.
9. Asian Ginseng
It would be incomplete for the list of home remedies to improve memory without mentioning about Asian ginseng. It has been referred as a memory enhancer for age and you might use it together with ginkgo biloba for better effect.
Ginseng should not be taken for a long period of time; however, you can use it like cycles such as taking for couples of week then rest and start again. Nonetheless, you need to consult the doctor before applying this tip.
Note: Children are not recommended to apply this tip and Asian ginseng might interact with other medications you are taking.
10. Ginkgo Biloba
It is an excellent herb from the list of home remedies to improve memory as it can stimulate blood flow toward the brain in order to improve its function.
Furthermore, the ones who suffer Alzheimer’s disease and dementia can have their thinking and memory improved by this herb.
Even though, there is no specific dosage for this herb, you should take about 40 mg for 3 times per day in case you are having dementia.
Note: Remember to consult the doctor before applying ginkgo biloba as it might interact with some particular medications.
11. Pistachio Nut
The high content of thiamine from pistachio nut is brilliantly effective at improving memory problems. Consume pistachio nut regularly can absolutely help you avoid memory problems such as memory loss. Therefore, there is no reason why it should not be included in the list of home remedies to improve memory.
The abundance of antioxidant from blueberry is what make noticeable in the list of home remedies to improve memory. It can nourish the brain cells while regulate the short-term memory loss. You can include blueberries to get the best effect.
The richness of lecithin and protein from egg is essential for the health of nerve cells which is significant for the treatment to improve memory. You can take egg in your daily diet in order to enhance the memory cells as well as promote memory improvement.
The carotene from carrot is considered one of the best ingredients from the list of home remedies to improve memory. You can even consume uncooked carrot for the best effect. Also there is carrot juice which you can take for breakfast that can boost up your memory for the day. Perform regularly for couples of month.
The last tip from the list of home remedies to improve memory is meditation. It can help you improve your focus which in turn will enhance your memory. Furthermore, it can support you in eliminating distractions which is required for memory improvement.
- Consume nutritious and well-balanced diet which includes vitamin C, B12, A folic acid, beta-carotene, calcium, iron, zinc and magnesium.
- Keep out of high-fat diet and consume more healthy fats instead of saturated fats.
- Consume more spices and herbs such as turmeric, black pepper, basil as well as green tea.
- Practice some brain exercises such as crossword or Sudoku puzzle.
- Use mnemonic devices in order to keep track of things better.
- Practice physical exercises in order to bump up more oxygen toward the brain and stimulate the multiply of nerve cells.
- Get sufficient sleep as lack of sleep will restrain your brain’s capability to operate optimally.
- Get more sunbath as vitamin D is needed for the function of brain.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!