Table of Contents
With this article, you can learn top simple home remedies to improve eyesight without special equipment.
The most common signs of having weak eyesight are certainly blurry vision and watery eyes with frequent headaches.
However, there are occasions which problems with eyes can come from severe problems such as macular degeneration, glaucoma, optic neuropathy and cataracts. Therefore, you need to have the doctor check-up in order to have proper and timely diagnosis as well as treatment.
The weakness of eyesight can be corrected with prescribed glasses or lenses and even surgery. Nonetheless, there are natural tip which can help you on this issue.
Here are the top 15 most effective home remedies to improve eyesight which you can apply easily from home in order to improve your weak eyesight as well as prevent your eyesight from deteriorating.
1. Eye Exercises
This is the most important tip in the list of home remedies to improve eyesight as it is capable of increasing the flexibility of eye muscles as well as providing energy and stimulating flow of blood toward eyes, thus help you maintain the optimal vision. Exercise your eyes regularly can also help fight against eye strain while improving concentration as well as focus.
How to do:
- Take a pencil and hold by the length of arm. Focus on the pencil and then slowly move it closer to your face and move it farther again until you cannot focus on it anymore. Perform 10 times per day.
- Have your eyes rolled in clockwise motion for couples of second and then have them rolled again in counter-clockwise motion for another couples of second. Perform 4 – 5 times, have your eyes blinked in the break between sets.
- Have your eyelids fluttered through blinking your eyes about 30 times quickly and continuously without squeezing the eyes. At the end, have your eyes closed and rested. Perform twice every day.
- Focus the vision of on an object in a distance for some time. The most recommended method to perform this exercise is gazing the moon and have your focus on it for at least 5 minutes every day.
- You can practice just one or multiple exercises regularly but at least for several months in order to have clear result.
Read more: How to Reduce Eye Strain.
2. Sunning and Palming
These methods from the list of home remedies to improve eyesight are extremely excellent at flexing and reactivating the ciliary muscles as well as eye lens.
While sunning brings the healing abilities as the sun’s benefit, palming will stimulate relaxation with the sense of well-being. Furthermore, the sun also provides vital life energies which are essential for eye health as well as body health.
How to do:
- Take a deep breathing and let the sun shine directly through the closed eyelids. Perform once every day for couples of minute.
- Take your palms and rub together in order to generate heat then use them to cup your closed eyes gently with no pressure. You need to cover the eyes completely as there should be no lights coming through. Perform couples of time every day together with visualization of some pleasant scenes during the process.
3. Acupressure and Acupuncture
Those two tips in the list of home remedies to improve eyesight are originally coming from the Chinese traditional medication. Also it is believed that there is closed relation between problems of kidneys or liver and diseases or malfunction of eyes. Around the eyes’ orbits which are the bones that make a circle around the eyeballs.
How to do:
- Have each of the acupressure points surround your eyeballs massaged gently for about 10 seconds. Start from the inner end of your eyes near nose then go up and around the eyes. Perform this procedure several times every day.
Note: In case you are pregnant, you can consult the professional acupuncturist before applying this tip. Also avoid massaging areas which are infected, burned or scarred.
- Have yourself walked using barefoot in morning dew on grass for at least 30 minutes is also acknowledged as an acupuncture method that can strengthen your eyesight. It is able to activate the fibers of the nerve which are connected to the feet and there are reflexology points of acupressure related to the eyes which are laid on the 2nd and 3rd Moreover, the green color from grass will also help you soothe your eyes efficiently.
4. Ginkgo Biloba
With the capability of improving the flow as well as the circulation of eye blood, it will not only enhance your vision but also protect your eyes from such problems as macular degeneration and glaucoma. Furthermore, it is reported that people who are suffering from retinopathy can also benefit from this herb. Therefore, it is no doubt that this herb is included in the list of home remedies to improve eyesight.
You can take the supplement of ginkgo biloba in capsule form of 120mg in 2 to 3 doses every day.
Note: Children are not recommended to apply this tip. Also people who are currently suffering diabetes need to consult the doctor before applying this tip as well.
This herb is fairly popular in the list of home remedies to improve eyesight due to its incredible effect in strengthen the health of eyes as well as vision. Even better, it can help you enhance the night vision because it can encourage the visual purple component regeneration for the retina.
Moreover, it can protect your eyes from macular degeneration, cataracts and glaucoma. Also it is beneficial for problems of retina which are related to high blood pressure and diabetes due to the high content of anthocyanoside that consists of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
How to use:
- Consume ½ cup of this ripe fruit every day.
- Also you might take the supplement of bilberry but only after consulting the doctor. It is suggested that you take the extract of bilberry for 160mg (25% anthocyanidin) in 2 times per day, several times per week.
Note: Because this herb might interfere with other medications as well as herbs; therefore, it is necessary to consult the doctor before applying.
This nut contains abundance of omega-3 fatty acids as well as antioxidant and vitamin E which is why it is able to make the list of home remedies to improve eyesight. It is totally capable of enhancing concentration together with memory.
How to use:
- Take 5 – 10 almonds to soak in water through the night.
- Next morning, have them peeled off the skin and grinded.
- Consume the almond paste together with some warm milk.
- Perform every day for at least couples of month.
Containing numerous nutrients as well as antioxidants which can promote the healthiness of your eyes and decelerate the cataracts progression, it is no surprise to see fennel presented in the list of home remedies to improve eyesight. It has been recognized as the most effective herb for the sight since Ancient Roman.
How to use:
- Take a cup each of fennel, almond and sugar candy (misri) or normal sugar into the blender.
- Have the mixture blended into some fine powder.
- Before bedtime, consume a tablespoon of the powder together with some warm milk.
- Perform every day for about 40 days.
8. Wild Asparagus
Also known under the name Shavatari, it is well-known as an excellent tip in the list of home remedies to improve eyesight as it is able to encourage the healthiness and longevity of the eyes.
How to use:
- Take a teaspoon of wild asparagus with ½ teaspoon of honey to mix together.
- Consume the mixture twice every day together with some warm milk.
- Perform for couples of month.
9. Indian Gooseberry
This fruit contains various nutrients with the most abundant ones are antioxidants and vitamin C. Therefore, it should be able to make a decent option for you to choose from the list of home remedies to improve eyesight. For more information, vitamin C can encourage the healthiness of capillaries as well as maintain the proper function for retinal cells.
How to use:
- Take 2 – 4 teaspoons of juice from Indian gooseberry into some water. Consume twice every day. Also you might take this juice together with honey.
- Another way is consuming amla murabba which is a sweetened preserve prepared from Indian gooseberry.
- Perform every day for at least couples of month.
10. Healthy Diet
This tip is the one from the list of home remedies to improve eyesight which you must definitely follow in order to strengthen the eyesight.
You can consume the diet which is rich of vitamin A, B-complex, C, D and E as well as beta-carotene, lutein, amino acids and zeaxanthin. Furthermore, chlorophyll from vegetables with green leaf is considered brilliant at improving eyesight.
How to use:
- Consume broccoli, sweet potato, beetroot, corn, spinach, carrots, kale, green leafy vegetables and blueberries as well as seeds and nuts, eggs and fatty fish.
- Also you might take the supplement of nutrition after consulting the doctor.
Abundant of vitamin A, B, C, E as well as minerals like zinc and iron together with zeaxanthin and lutein, it is not hard to see why spinach is recommended in the list of home remedies to improve eyesight. Consume spinach every day can effectively prevent cataract and macular degeneration.
Also spinach is able to promote the healthiness of corneas. However, there are many who cannot stand the smell and taste of spinach, but you can easily overcome that smell by adding just a zing. You can include spinach in the smoothies because the flavor of currants and strawberries and sweetness of smoothies can cover the trace of spinach fairly well while still able to maintain its nutritious content. Another way is preparing soup or cooking with pulses. Dishes such as lasagnas and sandwiches are complimented well with the present of spinach.
This wholesome vegetable is so versatile that you cannot leave it out of the list of home remedies to improve eyesight. Rich of beta-carotene which can be transformed to vitamin A that is essential for enhancing the eyes’ wellbeing. You can include carrot in your curries or just simply pair it with other vegetables. Also you can take some pieces of carrot to munch whenever you feel like snacking as well as use it in your salads. However, you need to consume sufficient water since carrot contains high level of fiber content.
Also containing zeaxanthin, lutein as well as vitamin B, broccoli is considered a super food which can bring incredible benefits for your vision. By consuming broccoli, you will be able to prevent blurred vision as well as soreness and exhaustion for the eyes effectively. This vegetable is capable of promoting the healthiness of your eyesight as well as easing the fatigue and strengthening your eyes. Broccoli can be process in numerous ways such as raw, sautéed, grilled or baked while still remaining delicious. Also you might use it in your salad or have it pureed and then include in your soup.
They are considered the best source for omega-3 fatty acids which acts like antioxidant that can efficiently protect the eyes from damage of free radicals in your body. Also omega-3 fatty acids can prevent dryness that comes from contact lenses. You can consume fish twice per week in either grilled or baked. Even better, you can create a sandwich with grilled fish and wholegrain bread with some mayo, lettuce together with seasoning.
The last tip in the list of home remedies to improve eyesight belongs to the mighty avocado. This fruit is packed with beta-carotene and lutein as well as vitamin B, C and E. Especially lutein; it can act a photochemical which can remarkably decline the sensitivity of eyes toward light. Moreover, it is able to ease the strain for your eyes as well as improve the vision for long term.
- Avoid prolonging time in front of TV as well as computer screen as it will increase eye strain.
- If you are working on computer, locate the screen at a distance of 18 – 24 inches away from your eyes. Also the height of the screen should be either at or below the eye level.
- Use anti-glare screen in order to prevent glare from computer.
- Take break frequently after every 30 minutes in order to rest the eyes.
- Do not read under dim light as it will increase strain for eye muscles.
- Avoid wearing glasses which are prescribed incorrectly, especially for children.
- Perform checkup for eyes regularly.
- Use sunglasses whenever going out under the sun in order to have your eyes protected.
- Remember to apply eye cosmetics with good quality as well as discard the old ones.
- Have proper sleep as lack of sleep will cause discomfort together with blurred vision.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!