Table of Contents
In this article, we would like bring for you a brief introduction about the immune system and how important it is for your health as well as our top 15 most recommended methods for improving the function of immune system.
Immune system is the term used to describe the defense mechanism of your body against invaders. It is considered the second defense line with the first line being the skin as well as the mucous membranes.
The immune system is everywhere on your body which includes bone marrow, spleen, thymus gland as well as the huge lymph nodes network. The immune system is made of organs, tissues, proteins and numerous cells.
The primary function of your immune system is helping you avoid and combat infections, cancer and even germs. Its working time is 24/7 so that it can maintain your healthy body as well as prevent other problems.
A well-function immune system is essentially important for the body to function properly. If the immune system is impaired, it will trigger such symptoms as fatigue, allergies, get sick frequently, issues with digestion, slow development as well as delayed growth.
Also there are some factors which contribute the low function of immune system such as emotional stress, deficiency of vitamin, deprivation of sleep with not enough physical exercise, long-time exposure to UV rays and environmental toxins, use antibiotics excessively, poor habits in diet as well as inadequacy in hygiene.
Here are the top 15 most effective home remedies to boost immunity which are simple and easy for you to follow at home in order to improve your immune system as well as your overall health.
The top ingredient in the list of home remedies to boost immunity is none other than garlic. With antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial properties, garlic can easily yet effectively boost your immunity in no time.
Furthermore, its allicin can assist you significantly in fighting infection as well as bacteria. Additionally, the vitamin B6 and C in garlic together with manganese and selenium are all essential for boosting the immunity.
How to use:
- Consume 2 – 3 cloves of raw garlic while your stomach is still empty.
- Also you can include crushed garlic into your daily dishes. However, do not overcook garlic as it might damage the active compounds in garlic.
- Another way is taking the supplements of garlic but only after consulting the doctor.
The powerful antioxidants property is the ultimate reason why turmeric is included in the list of home remedies to boost immunity. It will help you neutralize the free radicals, thus support the proper function of immune system.
How to use:
- Consume 1 glass every day of turmeric milk. In order to prepare the milk, take a teaspoon of turmeric powder into some boiling milk. Put in some honey and consume.
- Also you can add turmeric into your daily cooking.
- Another way is taking supplements of turmeric but only after consulting the doctor.
3. Probiotic Yogurt
This is considered the best yet easiest method from the list of home remedies to boost immunity. There are billions of probiotics (friendly-gut organisms) contained in the yogurt which can significantly strengthen your immunity.
Moreover, it can support development of antibodies as well as white-blood cells, thus remarkably decrease the infections’ duration and incidence.
How to use:
- Consume 2 cups every day of probiotic yogurt which contains live cultures.
- Also you can consume smoothie which are made from yogurt with some immune-boosting fruits such as blueberries, bananas, apples and strawberries.
The high level of vitamin C is what makes lemon a valuable ingredient in the list of home remedies to boost immunity. It can support the proper function of white-blood cells in order to improve their quick response against infections. It can even assist the removal of toxins in your body while keeping your normal weight.
How to use:
- Take some juice from ½ a lemon into some warm purified water.
- Put in some honey.
- Consume while your stomach is still empty daily in the morning.
- Then have breakfast in 30 minutes after consuming.
5. Green Tea
Containing some beneficial compounds, green tea is reported to be able to stimulate the “regulatory T-cells” which have major role in the function of your immune system as well as control of autoimmune disease.
Moreover, its antioxidants can help your body avoid damage from free radicals, thus maintaining the normal function of your immune system. Therefore, it is no surprise to see green tea in the list of home remedies to boost immunity.
How to use:
- Have a bag of green tea steeped in some hot water for about 5 minutes.
- Then have it removed, put in some honey and consume.
- Consume 2 – 3 cups every day.
This ingredient from the list of home remedies to boost immunity is something that you should never overlook. Its warming effect can help you destroy toxins which are built up in your body, thus decrease the risk of developing infection. Moreover, it will support your circulation of blood.
How to use:
- Consume ginger tea every day. In order to prepare the tea, take a tablespoon of ginger which is thinly sliced into some boiling water for about 10 minutes. Then have it strained, put in some lemon juice with honey and consume.
- Also you can add either fresh or dry ginger into your daily cooking as well as take supplements of ginger but only after consulting the doctor.
This is a Chinese herb from the list of home remedies to boost immunity which contains adaptogenic and immune-building properties. It is capable of improving the efficiency of most of the components in your immune system.
How to use:
- Take some sliced dried root of astragalus into some boiling water for about 30 minutes. Then have it strained and consume every day.
- Also you might take the supplements of astralagus but only after consulting the doctor.
Note: In case you are having any immune disorder, have your doctor advised before applying this tip.
8. Indian Ginseng
Also called ashwagandha, it can support the modulation of reactivity for your immune system as well as stimulate both white blood and red blood cells together with platelet.
Furthermore, its antioxidants are excellent at scavenging as well as neutralizing free radicals. This boosting-immunity herb is available in many forms such fresh, dried or even powdered form.
How to use:
- Take a teaspoon of its powder into some boiling water for about 5 minutes. Then have it strained, put in some honey and consume once every day.
- Another way is taking a tablespoon of its powder to consume with some hot milk before bedtime.
Note: It is not recommended for women who are pregnant. Moreover, this herb might interact with medications of high blood pressure as it will decrease your blood pressure. In addition, people who have autoimmune diseases are suggested to have the doctor advised before applying this tip as it might trigger the immune system even more.
9. Vitamin D
This vitamin is an essential nutrient in the list of home remedies to boost immunity as it is able to modulate the innate as well as adaptive responses of immune system.
Lack of vitamin D will lead to increase in autoimmunity together with susceptibility toward infection. Therefore, in order to improve immunity, it is necessary to keep the balance of vitamin D in the body.
How to do:
- Due to the effect of sunlight in stimulating vitamin D production, have your body exposed to sunlight in the early morning for about 15 minutes every day.
- Also consume more foods which are rich in vitamin D like fatty fish such as mackerel and salmon, cheese, organ meats, egg yolks, fortified foods and some mushrooms.
- Another way is taking supplements of vitamin D but only after consulting the doctor.
This tip is the one in the list of home remedies to boost immunity that you must follow. Exercise regularly for 30 minutes in 5 days/week is excellent for boosting immunity. It will improve circulation of blood, stimulate white-blood cells, combat obesity and eliminate bacteria in airways and lungs. Thus you will decrease the frequency of being sick. Exercise of any form is always beneficial compared to sedentary lifestyle.
How to do:
- Jog, walk or run for about 30 minutes every day.
- Perform swimming and bicycling for couples of time per week.
- Practice at gym in other days.
- Do basketball, football, badminton or golf on a regular basis.
Note: Even though, exercise is beneficial, you should not exert it. Additionally, in case you are having sickness, you should not perform high-intensity workouts as they will slow down the recovery.
Mushroom is the ingredient from the list of home remedies to boost immunity which has been acknowledged for centuries in improving immune power. It is capable of enhancing and activating white-blood cells’ production, thus making it a beneficial factor in the treatment of microbial infection. Moreover, consume mushroom during winter will help you avoid flu and cold effectively due to its power in eliminating virus and bacteria. Even better, mushroom can be efficient in destroying cancer cells. Consume mushroom twice per week will strengthen the immune system remarkably.
Similar to garlic, it also contains allicin; therefore, it is not hard to see why onion is included in the list of home remedies to boost immunity. Together with quercetin, it will be able to dissolve the buildup of cough at your chest. Furthermore, it can improve circulation of blood as well as treat ailments in summer. Also you might consume onion raw with the salad.
This seeds is one of the most beneficial seeds in the list of home remedies to boost immunity. Its nutrients are capable of improving response of immune system which is essential for prevention of infections and diseases. Moreover, its abundance of omega-3 fats as well as lignans will help you become healthier.
14. Black Currants
The high content of vitamin C is the reason why black currant can make the list of home remedies to boost immunity. Its level of vitamin C can be even higher than oranges. Together with other nutrients, it can even benefit night vision as well as health of your eyes.
15. Zinc-Rich Foods
The last tip in the list of home remedies to boost immunity is consuming more foods which are rich in zinc. This element is extremely essential in strengthening your immunity as it will help you combat micro-organisms which are responsible for triggering infection in your body. In case you are vegetarian, you might consume oysters and crabs in order to supply zinc. Normally, you might consume red meat to get more zinc.
- Consume more colorful vegetables and fruits.
- Apply a balance diet with sufficient amount of iron, selenium, zinc as well as vitamin A and C.
- Maintain positive view of life.
- Consume 8 – 10 glasses per day of water.
- Sleep sufficiently in order to recover your body.
- Do not stress as it might suppress the function of immune system.
- Quit smoking as well as keep out of secondhand smoke.
- Consume alcohol less as it will weaken the immune system as well as increase the risk of developing diseases.
- Have your hands washed after going to the toilet as well as before eating in order to prevent infection from spreading.
- Apply oral hygiene properly.
- Keep out of people who are having colds as well as other infection and even the crowds.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!