Table of Contents
What are Whiteheads?
Whiteheads are one of the most popular skin problems, and they may lead to embarrassing conditions. The main causes of whiteheads may be the accumulation of bacteria or excessive oil in your skin. Whether your hormones remain stable or not affects directly the appearance of whiteheads. The imbalance of hormones may be caused by pregnancy or puberty. You also need to understand that genetics have great influence on whiteheads; therefore, it is not surprising if you and your family members all experience whiteheads. In addition, although it is not scientifically accepted, the consumption of spicy foods may be responsible for whiteheads.
The treatment of whiteheads is actually easy thanks to medical advances, but all remedies take time. You can never expect that after applying one single method, you will wake up tomorrow with a healthy and beautiful skin. It’s impossible. Luckily, home remedies for whiteheads are all very economical and safe because only natural ingredients will be used. They have little or no side effect on people’s health. If you do not suffer from whiteheads, it is also worth knowing these remedies in order to prevent whiteheads from disturbing your life.
Here are 15 most effective remedies for you to apply at home in order to improve your skin condition and get rid of this uncomfortable and unsightly problem.
If you are a fan of tomato, you’ve already known its various benefits. Like many other skin problems, whiteheads can be treated easily and effectively by tomato. This is one of the most popular home remedies for whiteheads. Being a rich source of vitamin C and many essential nutrients, tomatoes can help you get rid of whiteheads naturally at home. You also want to know other fruits which are very rich in vitamin C.
- Choose a fresh and clean tomato.
- Cut it into small pieces.
- Apply the pieces on the areas where whiteheads appear.
- After 5-10 minutes, use water to wash those areas.
Tomato is popular and essential household ingredient; however, it can cure from the most common to the most disturbing disease. You can find out more about it at: Home Remedies for Sagging Skin and Tuberculosis.
Milk is very helpful in the treatment of whiteheads, as it can help prevent excessive oil in the skin.
- Take 2 spoons of milk.
- Mix milk with a spoon of lemon juice.
- Add salt into the mixture.
- The mixture should be stirred and applied over the areas where whiteheads appear.
- After 10-20 minutes, use clean water to wash those areas.
3. Lemon Juice
The acid which is presented in lemon can help reduce excessive oil in the face. Therefore, lemon juice has been considered as one of the most effective home remedies for whiteheads for ages. It is easy to make at home and totally safe. However, do not overuse it, as too much acid can damage your face skin.
- Select a lemon and take only a half.
- Squeeze it to make the juice.
- Honey or sugar can be added if you prefer.
- Apply the mixture over the whiteheads.
- After 5 minutes, clean those areas with fresh water.
Instead of using honey, you can also choose to mix lemon juice with rosewater. Applying this method 2-3 times a week will help you get rid of whiteheads easily. For more information about the benefits of lemon as well as lemon juice, please read: Home Remedies for Armpit Lumps and Loss of Smell and Taste.
Toothpaste is used frequently to cure acne. But it can be applied to get rid of whiteheads as well because it contains a relative amount of fluoride. To get the best results, toothpaste should be applied directly on the areas where whiteheads exist. After several minutes, you should use cold water to clean those areas.
- Choose a medium-size potato and crush it to make the mask.
- The mask should be applied on the face.
- After 30 minutes, remove the mask and clean it with warm water.
6. Baking Soda
Baking soda has been used in the treatment of many skin problems for years. It contains some unique substances that play an important role in the prevention of injuries and the balance of hormones. Therefore, it can prevent whiteheads.
- Take a spoonful of baking soda into a cup.
- A paste can be made by adding more water.
- Cover the areas where whiteheads appear with this paste.
- After 10 minutes, wash those areas with warm water.
- Repeat this method for several times a week until you see improvements.
7. Olive Oil
Olive oil is widely known for its health benefits, in addition to a wonderful taste. It is not surprising that millions of people get rid of whiteheads thanks to olive oil every year. It also helps the skin glow.
- Take some drops of olive oil into a bowl.
- Add sugar into the bowl.
- Use a soft toothbrush to apply the mixture over the areas where whiteheads appear.
- After 5-10 minutes, use cold water to wash those areas.
This remedy should be followed 2-3 times per week to get the best results.
Yogurt can be consumed every day to have a healthy and beautiful skin. It is also a tip shared by many models all over the world. Moreover, yogurt can be used to make a mixture applied on the face to get rid of whiteheads. It contains many essential nutrients that are beneficial for the skin and the treatment of whiteheads.
- Yogurt should be used in 3 spoons.
- Mix it with 2 spoons of oatmeal and one spoon of lemon juice and olive oil.
- The mixture should be mixed carefully and applied over the areas where whiteheads appear.
- After 5 minutes, use cold water to wash those areas.
- Follow this method several times per week.
9. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is a popular herb which has been used to make medicine since ancient times. Being a rich source of minerals and vitamins, Aloe Vera is one of the most effective home remedies for whiteheads. You should take the Aloe Vera gel and apply it on the face to improve the treatment of whiteheads. In addition to treating whiteheads, Aloe Vera can soften the skin and help you have a healthy skin quickly.
Not only are almonds used in cooking, but also it can help you get rid of whiteheads effectively in a short time.
- Take several almonds which should be grinded after that.
- Add some rosewater into almonds. Oatmeal can be used as well.
- The face should be applied with the mixture.
This remedy should be used several times a week to maximize the results.
Though applying soap directly on the skin may lead to some unwanted effects, you can use liquid soap mixed with salt to improve the treatment of whiteheads.
- Take 1 spoon of liquid soap.
- Mix it with half a spoon of salt.
- The mixture should be put over the areas where there are whiteheads.
- Then, after several minutes, use cold water to wash the face.
12. Tea Tree Oil
With antibacterial property, tea tree oil is one of the best home remedies for whiteheads as it provides the skin with nutrients that can help it stay healthy. It can also prevent the bacteria from trapping in the skin, leading to the appearance of whiteheads. However, you are strongly recommended not to apply tea tree oil directly on the skin.
- Use the tea tree oil with water and Aloe Vera gel
- Use a clean towel or cotton ball to apply the mixture on the whiteheads.
- Wait until it is dried
13. Fenugreek Leaves
Coming from India, fresh fenugreek leaves are famous for various applications in medicine. A paste made from fresh fenugreek leaves can help you get rid of whiteheads quickly, and the positive results can be remained as fenugreek leaves can prevent whiteheads.
- Squeeze fenugreek leaves.
- Add some water.
- The mixture should be applied over the whiteheads before you sleep at night.
- In the morning, use warm water to clean those areas.
14. Tea Bag
When you finish drinking tea, you should not throw away the tea bag. It can be used to get rid of whiteheads. All you need to do is to rub it over the areas where whiteheads appear. This is one of the most economical home remedies for whiteheads, but only a few people know it.
15. Green Gram Flour
Being very popular in the making of products that help eliminate acne in Japan and China, green gram flour can also enhance the treatment of whiteheads. It enables the skin to remove the pores and bacteria which are present; as a result, whiteheads cannot appear. In addition, it stimulates the flow of blood to the skin.
To use green gram flour, you need to:
- Mix green gram flour and jojoba oil with the same amount.
- Apply the mixture over the areas where whiteheads appear.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!