In many cultures, people often refer sneezing to health. But what if you have a conversation with someone and you sneeze all the time? It will absolutely destroy your reputation and make the other person have a very negative impression. While sneezing may be considered as harmless, it actually has significantly unwanted effects on our daily life. It prevents us from communicating effectively with other people and working at the normal speed.
What causes Sneezing?
We all experience sneezing every day. But you should pay more attention when you sneeze frequently at one moment. There are many variables that may cause sneezing. The environmental change is the first cause. For example, people are more likely to sneeze when it gets colder or rainier. Besides, sneezing can be triggered by allergies or the excessive consumption of drugs. Sneezing may happen due to the attack of the virus as well.
What are the symptoms of Sneezing?
The most common symptoms of sneezing are runny nose and coughing. In some cases, fever is recorded. You may also experience tiredness and headache, which brings many discomforts and prevents you from performing daily activities. Other symptoms include appetite loss and pain in the nose.
When people sneeze, they often think of sickness and as a result, look for antibiotics immediately. However, medication does not always work and even in case it works, it is not really good for your health. Nowadays, people want to get rid of sneezing by natural remedies which have no side effect on their well-being. Therefore, the popularity of home remedies for sneezing is attracting more and more attention.
Here are the top 15 most effective home remedies for sneezing which you can try easily at home in order to get rid of sneezing and keep you confident in public place…
One of the simplest ways to reduce the irritations in your nasal passage is inhaling the steam. Everyone can do this at home as it requires no expensive equipment or special ingredient at all.
- Prepare a bowl of boiling water.
- Put your head over the bowl so that you can inhale the steam in 15-20 minutes.
- You can cover your head with a soft and clean towel.
You can apply this method 2-3 times a day without worrying about the costs. After several days, you will feel better.
2. Peppermint Oil
- Prepare hot water and mix some drops of peppermint oil into it.
- Inhale the steam from the mixture. Your head should be covered by a towel to maximize the benefits.
Salt can be seen as one of the best home remedies for sneezing as it is effectively antibacterial. It can relieve the pain in both the nose and the throat, which are affected most when you sneeze.
- Mix some spoons of salt into warm water.
- Use this mixture to gargle 4-5 times on a daily basis.
The coldness is mainly responsible for cases of sneezing. Therefore, it is logical to find some remedies which are warm in order to deal with the problem. Honey is naturally warm, which makes it very helpful for the treatment of sneezing. It can be used for children as well.
- Raw honey should be taken with an amount of one spoon.
- Put it over the heat for less than 1 minute.
- Mix black pepper into honey.
- The mixture should be consumed 2-3 times per day.
Another way to make use of honey to get rid of sneezing naturally is to use it with lemon juice. Lemon’s richness of vitamin C will help you overcome the irritating conditions caused by sneezing.
Sneezing is also considered a sign of allergy. Therefore, it is no doubt that honey can be used in order to prevent allergy effectively as well. You can read more about it at: Home Remedies for Allergies.
For many years, people have used garlic to prevent and increase resistance to cold and other related problems, including sneezing. It will take you only about 5 minutes to prepare the remedy, but the result will be much longer.
- Take 2-3 cloves of garlic.
- Have them crushed.
- After that, mix it with hot water. You should use about two cups of water.
- The mixture should be simmered in about 15 minutes before being strained.
- When the mixture becomes cooler, you can drink it to get rid of sneezing quickly.
6. Red Onion
Red onion, or known as purple onion as well, is one of the most popular home remedies for sneezing. It is used in almost every restaurant and household to cook, but its health benefits should not be underestimated. With anti-inflammatory property, red onion will prevent swelling in the nose and eliminate the allergens from the nasal passage.
- Chop a red onion into small slices.
- Put them into a bowl. And pour some spoons of raw honey into it.
- Then, the mixture should be kept in the fridge overnight.
- Consume the onion first thing in the morning.
- Repeat this method until you notice improvements.
The treatment of sneezing will finish earlier with the help of ginger. It provides many essential nutrients for the healing process and improvement of nasal passage. The best way to gain its benefits is to digest it raw every day. If it is not your favorite way, you should chop a ginger into small slices and drink the mixture made from some ginger slices and boiling water.
Sneezing might sometimes come from the sinus infections and ginger is also often considered a great treatment for these problems. For more information, please read: Home Remedies for Sinus Infection.
8. Chamomile Tea
The daily consumption of chamomile tea is very good for our health, not only in the treatment of sneezing. Chamomile tea is also cited in many remedies to cure irritating problems caused by allergies. Another advantage is that anyone can make a cup of chamomile tea at home.
- Take some dried chamomile flowers.
- Put it into hot water and place the mixture over the heat in several minutes.
- Honey can be added to maximize the benefits.
- You can consume it 2-3 times per day.
Chamomile does not only help you avoid sneezing but also help you sleep better at night. You can find out about its benefits at: Home Remedies for Insomnia.
9. Fennel Tea
With antibiotic property, fennel tea can serve as a drug for sneezing. But the point which separates them is that fennel tea brings no side effect at all. It is a wonderful herb coming from the nature and also one of the best home remedies for sneezing.
- You should take 2 spoons of fennel seeds into a cup of hot water.
- After 15 minutes, remove the water and consume the remains 2-3 times per day.
10. Lavender Oil
Not only does lavender oil enable you to get rid of sneezing in a short time, but also it boosts your immunity. It will prevent the re-attack of the virus causing sneezing in the future. You can apply few drops of lavender oil directly into the nose.
11. Sesame Seeds
Sesame contains a considerable amount of magnesium, which plays an important role in the improvement of respiratory system. Therefore, the use of sesame seeds can speed up the healing process and help you remove fluid in the nasal.
- The sesame seeds should be roasted at first.
- Then, pour a spoon of jiggery (cane sugar) into it.
- The mixture is ready for your consumption. You should drink it 2-3 times per day.
12. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seed whose property is antiviral provides us an easier way to get rid of sneezing completely. It can soothe the mucus in the nasal, which is the main cause for sneezing and other discomforts.
- Put some fenugreek seeds into water and boil the mixture for 10-15 minutes.
- Then, have the mixture strained.
- Consume it 2-3 times on a daily basis until sneezing is gone.
13. Oregano Oil
To fight against sneezing, we need many antibacterial and antibiotic substances. And oregano oil is a rich source of all of these nutrients. More importantly, carvacrol and thymol are two unique ingredients of oregano oil and they contribute significantly to the treatment of sneezing.
- You should use oregano oil along with juice, such as lemon juice or carrot juice.
- The mixture should be consumed several times per day.
14. Bitter Gourd
You may not be familiar with this ingredient, but it is one of the most effective home remedies for sneezing. The mixture made from it can help you overcome all irritations after several days.
- Put 5-6 bitter gourd leaves into water.
- After several hours, they should be squeezed and mixed with water. Honey can be added at this stage to increase the nutrients.
- Consume it several times each day.
15. Vitamin C
Vitamin C plays a significant part in the control of sneezing. It can prevent cold, one of the most common catalysts for sneezing. Therefore, it is recommended that you consume more food containing a remarkable amount of vitamin C, such as fruits or vegetables. In addition, to get rid of sneezing easily and prevent it from happening again, you should lead a healthy life and arrange a balanced diet with enough nutrients.
*Disclaim: The effectiveness from applying these natural tips will be depended on the body condition of the applicant.