Smoker’s cough is one of the most common problems we often witness in those who fume cigarettes frequently. Not only do smokers experience this problem, but also those who live with smokers for long periods of time can suffer from smoker’s cough.
Smoker’s cough tends to be persistent. It happens most in the morning and is likely to reduce during the daytime. In most cases, smoker’s cough is dry and it even causes worse discomforts. Other symptoms of smoker’s cough is the emergence of discolored phlegm. It can be white, yellow or even green.
Coming from the habit of smoking too much or inhaling an excessive amount of smoke, smoker’s cough can lead to devastating consequences if not addressed on time. We all know that smoking has extremely negative impacts on the respiratory system and triggers lung cancer. Meanwhile, smoker’s cough can contribute to the destruction of the lungs, bronchitis, pneumonia or emphysema.
Giving up smoking is definitely a must if you want to get rid of smoker’s cough. In addition, there are some methods to speed up the smoker’s cough treatment.
Below are top 15 natural home remedies for smoker.
Undeniably, water is one of the simplest and most effective home remedies for smoker’s cough. It helps to wash away the phlegm and makes it easier for you to breathe. Moreover, the pain triggered by smoker’s cough can be reduced significantly if you consume a sufficient amount of fluid every day. The best recommendation is 8-10 cups of water on daily basis.
One of the most common natural home remedies for smoker’s cough is honey. With antioxidant and anti-inflammatory qualities, honey can prevent the accumulation of phlegm in the throat and protect the lungs from being destroyed due to smoking.
To get rid of smoker’s cough, you should consume one spoon of raw honey several times per day.
If you have the habit of rinsing your mouth regularly with salt water, you have already taken part in the smoker’s cough treatment. It is one of the best natural home remedies for smoker’s cough that everyone can make on his or her own. Salt helps to remove the phlegm efficiently. It is also one of the best Home Remedies for Cough in general.
Known as a golden spice in the kitchen, garlic can be placed among the best home remedies for smoker’s cough as well.
- Get some fresh garlic cloves and have them crushed.
- Combine it with a cup of milk.
- After stirring them properly, you should pour them into the pan and continue to boil it until the amount reduces to a half.
- Then, the mixture should be strained.
- You can use sugar if you like.
- Consume the mixture twice per day and keep the habit in at least one week to notice improvement.
5. Chamomile Tea
- Get some spoons of dried chamomile flowers or a chamomile tea bag.
- Mix it with boiling water.
- You steep it in several minutes before straining it.
- Consume it when it is still hot several times each day.
6. Green Tea
Like chamomile tea, green tea can be a great natural home remedy for smoker’s cough. You should consume a few cups of hot green tea per day to not only get rid of smoker’s cough, but also strengthen the digestive system in your body.
With soothing quality, peppermint leaves can emerge among the best natural home remedies for smoker’s cough.
- Take some peppermint leaves into hot water.
- Cover your head with a soft and clean towel and put the head over the bowl of water.
- You should inhale the steam to remove the phlegm in the throat.
8. Cayenne Pepper
As smoker’s cough often lasts quite long, the chest pain may become a common result of this problem. To deal with this trouble, many people choose cayenne pepper – another great home remedy for smoker’s cough as well.
- Take half a spoon of powdered cayenne pepper and ginger.
- Mix them together.
- Add one spoon of raw honey and apple cider vinegar.
- Pour 2 spoons of water.
- Consume the mixture 2-3 times on a daily basis to get rid of smoker’s cough as soon as possible.
Carrot is recommended to help you prevent the smoker’s cough. It is a great support in case you make the decision of giving up smoking or staying away from smokers. If you are suffering from Dry Cough, carrot is the best choice for you.
- Choose some fresh carrots.
- Put them into a blender and you get fresh juice.
- You can pour a small amount of water to dilute it. Honey which is another great natural home remedy for smoker’s cough can be used as well to maximize the benefits.
- Consume the mixture 2-3 times per day.
10. Mustard Seeds
Sulfur which is found in mustard seeds can help you cope with the phlegm which causes many discomforts for you. Therefore, mustard seed can be one of the most effective home remedies for smoker’s cough.
- First, you need to have mustard seeds broken into pieces.
- Put all of them into water in at least 15 minutes.
- Remove the mixture and have these pieces of mustard seeds crushed.
- Mix it with warm water to get a mixture that you ought to consume a few times per day.
11. Slippery Elm
Smoker’s cough can cause the throat to be inflamed, which makes it very difficult to breathe later. You should use slippery elm to prevent this scenario before it happens. This remedy is the most suitable for those suffering from dry cough.
- Put slippery elm into hot water.
- Consume the tea 1-2 times each day.
Rosemary is a herbal home remedy for smoker’s cough. It is one of the best herbs that can detoxify your body and expel the toxins from your lungs. You should use rosemary frequently if you want to get rid of annoying symptoms of smoker’s cough as fast as possible.
Chewing some ginger slices raw can stimulate the production of saliva in your mouth, which will wash away the mucus and phlegm in your throat. To sum up, ginger helps you eliminate one of the most annoying symptoms of smoker’s cough. Besides, its anti-inflammatory quality is strong enough to fight against the bacteria and save the lungs from being poisoned.
Almonds are very powerful in treating bronchinal problems, including smoker’s cough. And it is not unreasonable to see it among the best natural home remedies for smoker’s cough.
- Prepare powdered almonds and orange juice.
- Mix them properly and consume it several times per day.
Being a rich source of vitamin C, orange can provide you with much energy and strengthen your immune system in general. The daily consumption of orange juice is great for the smoker’s cough treatment, as it is also a kind of fluid and you need as much fluid as possible to remove the phlegm.
In brief, these above-mentioned natural home remedies for smoker’s cough are only recommended. The bottom line is that you have to give up smoking or persuade those who live with you to do that for the sake of both people’s health.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!