People often refer virus and bacteria as the main causes for sinus infection, but it is not true for everyone. Chemicals which are present in daily foods or surrounding environment may be responsible for sinus infection as well. In addition, those who suffer from allergies can be more likely to get this problem. And once sinus infection appears, it may have significant negative impacts on people’s daily lives.
To understand whether you have sinus infection or not, you can examine your conditions and check whether you have these symptoms:
- Sinus headache
- Some parts of your face are swelling.
- Your throat is aching.
As a result of the development of advertising industry, nowadays, when people face health problems, they usually think of antibiotics and other products. However, the fact that the advertisement often ignores is the side effects of these products. The treatment of sinus infection is not an exception. Millions of people waste money and time on useless, or even toxic, chemical products every year in hope of removing sinus infection as soon as possible. But they never achieve it.
Meanwhile, there are a lot of home remedies for sinus infection that can help people get rid of sinus infection quickly and safely. They can be made right at home without a huge budget because the ingredients all come from the nature.
Here are top 15 natural home remedies for sinus infection that anybody can apply at home without having to use special equipments.
An adequate amount of water intake plays a vital role in not only remaining alive, but also boosting the function of our body. Drinking enough water will help us stay away from dehydration which can worsen the sinus infection. Water can also strengthen the immunity and remove the pain in the throat. With these tremendous advantages, you are strongly recommended to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day. To get rid of sinus infection more quickly, make sure that you avoid consuming alcohol or caffeine since an excessive amount of alcohol intake everyday can even make the swelling parts worse and worse.
2. Hot water
Another way to make use of water in the treatment of sinus infection is hot compress. You need a clean and soft washcloth and soak it in a bowl of boiling water. After that, the cloth should be squeezed so that the excess water will be removed. Then, put the cloth over the forehead in several minutes until it becomes warm.
You can apply this method 2-3 times on a daily basis until you witness improvements.
3. Green Tea
- Put some green tea leaves into a cup of boiling water.
- You can use honey to improve the flavor. Honey is beneficial to relieve the pain in the throat.
You should drink 2-3 cups of green tea daily to get the best results.
Learn more about other green tea’s benefits at How to Tone You Hips and Thighs.
With anti-inflammatory properties coming from many natural nutrients, ginger is ideal for the treatment of sinus infection. It can ease the pain caused by sinus infection and eliminate the bacteria trapped inside the body.
You can benefit from ginger by adding it to daily meals or make a tea from it.
- Cut a ginger into small pieces.
- Put some into water and boil the mixture for more than 10 minutes.
- After that, you can choose lime juice or honey to add into the mixture to increase the flavor.
- Drink the ginger tea 2-3 times on a daily basis.
Like ginger, garlic is very popular in the kitchen as a good spice for cooking. But garlic is also one of the best home remedies for sinus infection, as it can remove the virus very effectively. It can also strengthen your immunity.
- Choose a medium-sized garlic clove and chop it into small pieces.
- Small pieces should be crushed after that.
- Put them into boiling water.
- After the mixture is put over the heat for 10 minutes, put it under your face so that you can inhale the steam.
Vitamin C is very necessary in the treatment of sinus infection since it can treat the swelling caused by sinus infection. And tomato is a very rich source of vitamin C and fiber that can eradicate the embarrassing conditions of sinus infection. To get rid of sinus infection in the shortest time, you should consume the tomato soup.
- Take a glass of tomato juice.
- Mix it with a spoon of each lemon juice and garlic.
- Put the mixture over the heat.
- Consume the boiling soup 2-3 times daily.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is well-known for the ability to enhance the balance of immune system, which helps you improve the well-being. In addition, it provides the skin with nutrients to eradicate the dead cells and make the skin smoother and lighter. In the treatment of sinus infection, apple cider vinegar can remove the stuffiness in the nose.
- Take a spoonful of apple cider vinegar into a cup of water.
- Boil the mixture for 10 minutes.
- You should put the mixture under your face so that you can breathe in the steam.
- Repeat this method several times per day.
If you have understood the benefits of garlic and ginger, you must be well-aware of the advantages of onion as well. In fact, onion is one of the best home remedies for sinus infection thanks to its antibacterial properties. You should try adding onion in every meal. If you can not digest it in this way, there are still many alternative ways to make onions beneficial for the treatment of sinus infection.
- Crush an onion and put it into the water.
- Boil the mixture for several minutes.
- Put the mixture under your face and the steam should be inhaled.
- You can have your head covered by a soft and clean towel.
In order to avoid some eye problems, you should close your eyes when applying this method.
Learn more about onion’s benefits at Home Remedies for Ear Infection.
9. Carrot Juice
The consumption of carrot juice every morning will supply your body with a huge amount of vitamin A that has positive effects on the removal of sinus infection. With this natural and delicious drink, you will get rid of sinus infection faster than you expected.
10. Peppermint Tea
It is widely accepted that peppermint tea can help sufferers stay away from inflammation and painful feeling, which is one of the most irritating symptoms of sinus infection. Besides, drinking peppermint tea can also reduce depression.
- Choose some peppermint leaves.
- Place it into a bowl of boiling water.
- Put the mixture over the heat in 3-5 minutes.
- Consume the peppermint tea a couple of times per day.
Curcumin which can be found in turmeric may accelerate the recovery from sinus infection. The swollen parts of the body can be treated after you use turmeric several times. You can try adding turmeric directly into your food or make a drink from turmeric powder.
- Take some spoons of turmeric powder into a cup of water.
- Mix them properly.
- You should consume it before you go to bed every night. If you want to have a nice sleep every night, you should read what benefits you most.
12. Fenugreek seeds
Containing a variety of essential nutrients that are anti-inflammatory and antibacterial, fenugreek seeds is considered as one of the most effective home remedies for sinus infection. You can drink fenugreek tea made by boiling fenugreek seeds in water for several minutes. 3 times per day is the frequency that experts strongly recommend to help you get rid of sinus infection quickly.
Fenugreek is also useful when it comes to beauty problems. Read more How to Reduce Breast Size Naturally.
13. Carom Seeds
One of the most popular and annoying problems you get when facing sinus infection is to have difficulties breathing. To deal with this trouble, you can use carom seeds to make the mucus thinner overtime.
- Crush some carom seeds
- Put them into hot water
- After boiling, you can breath in the steam of the mixture.
14. Grapefruit seeds
Grapefruit seed has the same properties as antibiotics, but it is safer because it comes from the nature. It can be pain-killing. To get rid of sinus infection soon, you’d better:
- Grind grapefruit seeds to make the juice.
- Add 5 drops of this juice into water.
- Drinking this mixture 2-3 times daily will improve your conditions.
Nevertheless, grapefruit seeds are not suitable for everybody; therefore, it is better to check whether you are allergic to it or not before applying this home remedy.
15. Oregano Oil
The treatment of sinus infection can be improved significantly with the support of oregano oil. It has some substances that can enhance the healing process.
- Take a spoonful of oregano oil into a cup of hot water.
- Boil the mixture.
- After that, the mixture should be put under your face and the steam should be inhaled.
*Disclaim: The effectiveness from applying these natural tips will be depended on the body condition of the applicant.