Table of Contents
What is Scabies?
Scabies is a popular skin problem caused by a virus known as Sarcoptes Scabiei. It can be infected through daily contact with patients. If this problem is not addressed properly, it can lead to severe pains and discomforts for a long time.
What are the symptoms of Scabies?
If you notice one of these symptoms of scabies, please have a doctor examine and give a complete conclusion. Symptoms of scabies might include:
- The appearance of red bumps and blisters   .
- Some parts of the body are aching.
- Skin scratching
Undeniably, it is impossible to treat scabies forever without the support of medication, but there are many home remedies for scabies that you can follow to improve the treatment for scabies. Understanding better about these remedies will save you a lot of money, energy and time in preventing scabies from destroying your daily life.
Here are the top 15 natural home remedies for scabies that you can apply easily in order to improve the treatment of scabies as well as relieve the symptoms.
1. Tea Tree Oil
This is one of the most well-known home remedies for scabies. It has been applied for ages and helped thousands of people getting rid of embarrassing scabies symptoms. You can use tea tree oil immediately on the affected parts of the body to relieve the pains and eradicate the virus that causes problems.
2. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera appears in many lists of treatments which help the patients overcome serious health problems, especially skin issues. Therefore, it is not surprising to use Aloe Vera as a home remedy for scabies. With many natural and unique nutrients, Aloe Vera can improve the process of recovery.
- Use Aloe Vera directly on the affected parts.
- Keep it for 30 minutes.
- Use warm water to clean it.
You should follow this method 2-3 times a day.
For those who have more time, you can make better preparations to enhance the efficiency.
- Mix calendula petals with turmeric powder.
- Take Aloe Vera gel into that mixture.
- Use it on the affected skin.
- Wait for it to dry.
- Follow this a few times a day.
3. Clove Oil
In clove oil, there are many anti-bacterial substances which can get rid of scabies completely. That’s why clove oil is one of the best home remedies for scabies. It can help you relieving the pains caused by scabies.
- Mix olive oil and coconut oil with the ratio 1:4.
- Use this mixture on the aching parts of the body and leave it until the skins show better changes.
- Follow this method 2-3 times a day and after 2 weeks, you can see positive results.
Being one of the main components of many healthy foods, the importance of zinc has been widely accepted for ages. In addition, zinc has many positive impacts on scabies. It also helps improving the immune system and thus, controls the spread of virus in the treatment for scabies.
- You should use zinc under the form of powder.
- Mix it with warm water.
- Use the mixture directly on the aching parts of body.
- Repeat doing this a few times a day to see the great results.
When making the paste, you can use turmeric to maximize the results as turmeric contains many natural pain-killing nutrients.
5. Neem Oil
For many years, farmers have made use of neem oil as an effective way to eradicate insects, as it poses no threats to food products. The usage of neem oil is safe for humans. But for the virus, neem oil can stop the reproduction and reduce its lifespan, and that makes neem oil become one of the most effective home remedies for scabies. Applying neem oil on the skin is much safer than taking pills which may have unwanted effects on the health in the long term.
Quercetin, one of the most effective substances to relieve the pains caused by scabies, is present in onion. In addition, the richness of organosulfur compounds of onion makes it ideal to accelerate the healing process in the treatment for scabies.
The first way to use onion is:
- Cut the onion into small pieces.
- Mix them with salt.
- Apply the mixture on the affected parts of the body.
- Repeat doing this 2-3 times a day to notice improvements.
On the other hand, you can boil the mixture and leave it cool. Then, apply the mixture on the aching parts to get rid of scabies.
7. Bush Tea
Coming from Africa, bush tea can be purchased in most health-food stores worldwide. Bush tea is ideal to improve the treatment for scabies. With many anti-inflammatory qualities, bush tea can help the sufferers getting rid of annoying symptoms caused by scabies. It is really an effective scabies cure.
- Put the bush tea leaves into boiling water.
- Add some honey to improve the flavor.
- Drink the mixture 2-3 times a day.
Bleach is another one of the best home remedies for scabies, as it enables the body to fight back the virus and stops the growth of scabies.
- Add bleach into water with the ratio 1:4.
- Apply the mixture on the aching parts.
- Follow this method a few times a day and you will see better changes after several days.
Cayenne has some unique substances which can eliminate the scabies without any unwanted effects on the health. Thanks to its application in the treatment of scabies, it was even mentioned in the herbal book “The Badanius Manuscript” in 1552. Cayenne can be purchased from many grocery stores. Apply it directly on the affected parts of the body to get rid of scabies, but remember to prevent cayenne from damaging your eyes. Cayenne is also very helpful in treating varicose veins.
10. White Vinegar
It’s worth considering white vinegar one of the most effective home remedies for scabies, as it consists of acetic acid. Acetic acid is known to make the skin more acidic, which can help to eradicate the virus leading to scabies.
- Use white vinegar and fresh water.
- Use the mixture on the aching parts and cover it with a bandage.
- Wait for 5 minutes and use warm water to clean those areas of the skin.
You can repeat doing this several times a day, but it should not be done more than 3 times. It may have some adverse effects on your skin.
The treatment for scabies can be significantly improved with the help of rosemary, a popular herb in the world of medicine. It reduces the painful feeling and stops the growth of virus. One popular way to make use of rosemary is rosemary tea. Firstly, you mix rosemary with boiling water and leave it cool. Then, use it directly on some parts of the body which you want to get better.
12. Lavender Oil
- Lavender oil should be mixed with olive oil, as both of them are very helpful in the treatment of scabies.
- Cover the aching parts of the body with the mixture.
13. Borax and Hydrogen Peroxide
A less known scabies cure is borax and hydrogen peroxide, but they do help a lot in the treatment for scabies. They are both used to eradicate bacteria and insects, and they are totally safe for humans.
- Mix them with warm water in a bath.
- You can relax in this bath for more than 15 minutes and treat scabies at the same time. It’s the most relaxing cure for scabies.
Eliminating the virus and stopping the body from being infected again are two of many great advantages of turmeric. It has been applied to get rid of scabies for dozens of years and of course, many people who used to suffer from scabies now can enjoy a better life. You can choose to make a paste combined by turmeric and a series of other remedies, for example, neem oil, neem powder or lemon juice. Just mix turmeric with one of them and use it directly on the skin.
15. Bitter Gourd
The abundance of vitamins B&C and other essential nutrients is an outstanding characteristic of bitter gourd, which is also the key to the treatment of scabies. It should be squeezed to make juice and you can drink it a few times a day to get the best results. The flavor may be a bit bitter, and to solve this problem, you can take advantage of lemon juice.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!