What are Hemorrhoids?
What cause Hemorrhoids?
This problem happens when the veins from rectum and anus are inflamed and become swollen. There are several factors which can cause this occurrence are constipation with low-fiber diet, food allergies, obesity, lack of physical activity, prolonged standing and sitting, pregnancy, heavy lifting, family history and even gravity.
Also hemorrhoids are classified into 2 types which are external and internal. Similar to the name, internal hemorrhoids are the type which is developed from inside the rectum while external hemorrhoids are developed around the anus skin.
There are few common signs of hemorrhoids which you can easily notice are bleeding from bowel movements, lumps and blood clots at the anus, irritation at the anal region as well as urge for bowel movement without stool.
This condition if it is neglected and not treated properly, will escalate into complications such as strangulated piles, chronic blood loss, tissue death as wellas colorectal or anal cancer.
Here are the top 15 most effective home remedies for hemorrhoids which are easy for you to apply at home in order to relieve the discomforts from hemorrhoids as well as prevent them from getting severe.
The first and simplest tip in the list of home remedies for piles is using ice. The cold from ice is capable of constricting your blood vessels at the anal area, thus easing the swelling and bring you instant relief from pain.
How to use:
- Take either an icepack or some partially-melted ice cubes and wrap them in a piece of cloth. Then apply directly onto the affected area for at least 10 minutes. Perform couples of time per day.
- Also you might use the frozen packs of vegetable like corn and pea. Have it wrapped in a towel and apply directly onto the hemorrhoids for about 20 minutes. Perform 3 times per day.
2. Aloe Vera
Considered the best natural ingredient in the list of home remedies for piles, it also contains the therapeutic and anti-inflammatory properties which can significantly alleviate the irritation from hemorrhoids. Also Aloe Vera can be used for the treatment of both external and internal hemorrhoids.
How to use
- For external hemorrhoids, you can take some gel from Aloe Vera leaf and apply directly onto the anus and have it massaged slowly.
- For internal hemorrhoids, you can take the Aloe Vera leaf and cut into strips. Also ensure its thorn-like parts are cut off completely. Have the strips placed in the fridge to be frozen. Then apply directly those cold strips onto the hemorrhoids in order to alleviate the itching and burning sensation as well as pain.
3. Lemon Juice
Because lemon juice brings numerous nutrients which are capable of improve the strength of capillaries as well as the walls of blood vessel, this fruit is acknowledged as the irreplaceable treatment from the list of home remedies for piles. You can find more its benefits to deal with Constipation.
How to use:
- Take a cotton ball and have it soaked in lemon juice then apply directly onto the hemorrhoids. At first, there will be some mildly burning or tingling sensation; however, there will be relief coming along.
- Also you can take the juice from ½ a lemon into some hot milk and consume every 3 hours.
- Another way is taking ½ teaspoon each of mint juice, ginger juice, lemon juice and some honey to mix together. Consume once per day.
4. Almond Oil
Well-known for the deep-tissue absorption and emollient properties, this tip is the perfect choice for you in the list of home remedies for piles which are occurred externally.
Take a cotton ball and soak in almond oil then apply directly onto the affected area. It will help you moisturize and soothe the inflammation while easing the itching and burning sensation both around and in the anus. Perform couples of time per day.
5. Olive Oil
The poteen antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties are the reason why olive oil is presented in the list of home remedies for piles which are occurred externally. It is capable of improving the blood vessels’ elasticity, thus soothe the inflammation as well as decrease the size of blood vessels which are swollen at the anal canal.
How to use:
- Take a teaspoon of olive oil to consume every day. It will help you relieve the inflammation while the monounsaturated fats will enhance the function of excretory system.
- Take some plum leaves to crush for juice and put in some olive oil. Use this mixture to apply directly onto the hemorrhoids to alleviate the swelling and pain.
6. Whole Grains
This tip from the list of home remedies for piles is so simple that you can just do it right away. Due to the abundance of fiber, whole grains is highly recommended for the treatment bleeding hemorrhoids and its symptoms.
This nutrient will help you clear out gastrointestinal system, avoid constipation and improve the efficiency in the function of colon. Furthermore, fiber-rich foods will make your stool softer and increase bulk, thus decrease the straining of bowel movements. Some recommended products of whole grains are barley, oats, brown rice, maize, quinoa, millet and buckwheat.
7. Witch Hazel
With the healing and mild astringent properties, this herb is brilliant at easing discomfort from hemorrhoids. Moreover, its astringent property will make the inflamed blood vessels shrink, thus decrease swelling, itching and pain.
How to use:
- Take a cotton ball and soak in witch hazel then apply directly onto the hemorrhoids for 3 times every day.
- Another way is using the medicated pads which have witch hazel in the ingredient. Those pads can be along toilet paper and it is recommended for protection of the anus from micro-organisms and irritation.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar
The list of home remedies for piles cannot be completed without apple cider vinegar. With astringent properties, it is capable of shrinking blood vessels which are swollen and irritated from both external and internal hemorrhoids. Also ensure the vinegar is unpasteurized and unfiltered for better effect.
Apple cider vinegar is also one of the best Home Remedies for Anal Itching.
How to use:
- For external hemorrhoids, you can take a cotton ball and soak in apple cider vinegar then press gently onto the inflamed area. At first, there is some stinging sensation; however, the relief will come along. Perform couples of time per day.
- For internal hemorrhoids, take a teaspoon of vinegar into some water and consume twice every day. Also you might put in some honey for better taste.
9. Black Tea
Tannic acid from black tea is kind of astringent that is definitely needed to be included in the list of home remedies for piles. It is able to help you decrease swelling together with pain from hemorrhoids.
How to use:
- Take a bag of black tea and soak in hot water. Then have it removed from water and allow it to cool down. Use the warm tea bad to apply directly onto the swollen veins for at least 10 minutes. Perform 2 to 3 times per day.
- Another way is using the used tea bag which is chilled in the fridge to apply onto the hemorrhoids for about 10 minutes.
Read more Home Remedies for Diarrhea to find out more about the application of black tea.
This tip from the list of home remedies for piles is the one that you must follow no matter what if you want to treat your hemorrhoids completely. When suffering from either external or internal hemorrhoids, you still should increase the intake of water through consuming 8 – 10 water glassed every day.
Adequate intake of water will help you clear internal system and maintain hydration for your body. Furthermore, it can stimulate bowel movements and soften stool, thus decrease straining significantly.
If you do not consume sufficient water as well as other fluids, the flushing process of waste will decelerate which create backlog at the bowel. As a result, the stool will harden and worsen the condition of hemorrhoids.
11. Sitz Baths
This tip is your perfect option if you are looking for instant relief from the list of home remedies for piles. The warm water will ease the sphincter muscle, thus alleviate the pain from hemorrhoid protuberance. Moreover, it even improves the circulation of blood toward the affected area which will support the contraction of swollen veins. You can fill your tub with about 3 to 4 inches of warm water and sit in the tub with your knees raised up for about 15 minutes. Perform 3 to 5 times per day.
12. Psyllium Seeds
It is necessary to make sure the stool is softened so it can be passed conveniently without much pressure on those affected veins. Therefore, with richness of fiber, psyllium seed from the list of home remedies for piles is your ideal choice to soften your stool and soothe the painful bowel movement through water absorption.
Also ensure to consume sufficient water when you are having those seeds. You can begin with a teaspoon of the seed with 8 ounces of water in breakfast for 1 week. Then on the second week, raise the frequency to lunch intake. Onto the third week, the intake should include dinner as well. In case, you are taking this seed 3 times per day, it is no need to consume any other supplement of fiber.
13. Baking Soda
It is excellent at alleviating the itchiness at the affected area. Therefore, you can use its paste which is made from some baking soda with some water. Also you can take a sit in a bath filled with warm water mixed with baking soda. This method is also another from the list of home remedies for piles which can provide instant relief.
14. Oak Concoction
The mighty antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and astringent properties from oak are enough to place it in the list of home remedies for piles. This herb is able to treat both external and internal hemorrhoids. You can take a tablespoon of its bark into some boiling water for about 15 minutes. Then let it cool down and use it to apply onto the affected area as well as consume it. In case, you are having constipation, avoid applying this tip.
15. Special Diet
Occasionally, obesity could trigger some painful hemorrhoids. Therefore, it is suggested to restrain the intake of deep fried foods, meats and fat every day. As the matter of fact, the sufferers should increase the intake of fiber as well as citrus fruits like vegetables and whole grains.
Citrus fruits are known to contain some major flavonoids which are remarkably beneficial for acute attack of hemorrhoids. In case you are pregnant, you can opt for products which are abundant of bioflavonoids as they will alleviate the itchiness, discharge, heaviness and inflammation symptoms instantly.
*Disclaim: The effectiveness from applying these natural tips will be depended on the body condition of the applicant.