Table of Contents
Every woman all around the world has to experience period pain, also known as menstruation or dysmenorrhea, many times in their life. In fact, nobody is happy when period pains happen because they cause some unbearable discomforts. This article on Authority Remedies aims to help you understand top 15 natural home remedies for period pains.
Although it is a common problem in women, the pain is not uniform. There are some elements that affect the severity of period pains. Some women who reach the puberty too early in the life suffer from more severe pain. Genetic factor also has a big say over the period pains. Some harmful habits, such as smoking or drinking alcohol, will worsen the conditions.
It is nearly impossible to get rid of period pains for the rest of your life because it is simply natural. However, there is something you can do to at least reduce the pain. More and more women are paying attention to the use of natural ingredients which exist right in their kitchen.
Below are top 15 natural home remedies for period pains.
With anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic qualities, cinnamon is one of the best and most popular natural home remedies for period pains. You should use it in the form of tea to remove the annoying symptoms instantly.
- Prepare powdered cinnamon.
- One spoon of the powder should be poured into hot water.
- Continue to steep them in about 10 minutes.
- If you want to improve the flavor, honey or sugar is acceptable.
- Consume the tea several times per day
Besides, to get rid of period pains as soon as possible, you ought to bring more cinnamon into your daily meals.
Despite tiny size, sesame seed is believed to be one of the most effective natural home remedies for period pains. It has positive impacts on controlling the flow of blood inside the body and therefore, prevent the appearance of cramps during the time you suffer from period pains.
- First, you need to put some sesame seeds in water for several hours.
- Consume them 2-3 times per day.
With warming effect, ginger can help calm the stomach and improve its function. Besides, its anti-inflammatory quality is suitable to help you get rid of the pain during menstruation. This great natural home remedy for period pains also prevents the cramps effectively.
You can read Ginger – A Versatile Natural Home Remedy to get more information about ginger.
You can chew ginger slices raw, bring it into cooking and consume its tea by steeping half a spoon of powdered ginger in hot water.
4. Blackstrap Molasses
Serving as a wonderful source of many nutrients, such as calcium, potassium and vitamins, blackstrap molasses can be viewed as one of the best natural home remedies for period pains. It can help limit the blood clots and stop cramps – a common symptom of menstruation.
- Take 1-2 spoons of blackstrap molasses and mix it with warm milk.
- Consume the milk when you feel painful.
Parsley is another effective natural home remedies for period pains. It is often used to deal with menstruation which happens irregularly.
- Squeeze the parsley leaves to get the fresh juice and consume it 2-3 times on a daily basis.
- Alternatively, you can put it into boiling water and continue to steep it in several minutes. After straining the tea, you can consume it every day to get rid of period pains quickly.
With anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic and phytoestrogenic qualities, fennel is one of the best natural home remedies for period pains. Thanks to the nutrients of fennel, the uterus’s muscles can be relaxed and as a result, cramps can be prevented efficiently.
- Get one spoon of fennel into hot water.
- Continue to simmer them in about 5 minutes.
- After straining it, you can consume the tea twice per day.
Women, during menstruation, tend to be reluctant to go out and do some exercises, don’t they? However, it is one of the best ways to get rid of period pains quickly. By doing exercises, endorphins which are great in removing the pain are released in the body. It is also true that cramps will be prevented efficiently if women do exercises regularly.
8. Hot Compress
One of the simplest natural home remedies for period pain you can apply immediately without wasting time on seeking for ingredients is hot compress. All you need to prepare is boiling water and a clean cloth.
- Dip the cloth into boiling water and squeeze it to remove all excess water.
- Place the cloth over the lower abdomen until you feel better.
The presence of caffeic acid makes basil become one of the best natural home remedies for period pains. It is effective in helping you get rid of the pain quickly.
- Take two spoons of basil leaves into hot water.
- Have them steeped in about 5 minutes.
- When it is cool, you should consume it several times per day.
- Take some spoons of coriander seeds into water.
- Boil them until the amount of water reduces to half.
- Remove the water and consume the seeds.
11. Chamomile Tea
- One spoon of dried flowers should be poured into hot water.
- You ought to steep them in at least 5 minutes and no more than 10 minutes.
- After straining the tea, you should consume it slowly several times on a daily basis.
It is worth remembering that there are a lot of essential nutrients in one papaya. They vary from iron, calcium to vitamin A or C and all of them contribute to the period pain treatment. The uterine walls will be soothed and the muscles are calmed down. You can consume papaya more frequently in your daily meals to prevent and get rid of period pains.
Flaxseed can be regarded as one of the most effective natural home remedies for period pains. It provides a lot of fatty acids for the body to put the amount of progesterone under control. In addition, some women may have some problems with uterine function and flaxseed can help them tackle troubles.
You can take flaxseeds immediately into the mouth. If it is not your favorite way, flaxseed can be included in your daily meals, such as salad or smoothie.
Please read Flaxseed – The Most Powerful Food In The World to understand flaxseeds better.
14. Brown Rice
The high content of brown rice is a variety of vitamin B that plays an important role in the period pain treatment. It is powerful in dealing with one of possible symptoms of period pains – bloating. Brown rice can be used to reduce the severity of pain you suffer from during menstruation.
Omega-3 fatty acids are beneficial for the period pain treatment and you do not need to spend much time on finding which is the greatest source of these acids. Fish is definitely one of the best natural home remedies for period pains. You should consume it frequently to prevent the pain before it comes. Omega-3 fatty acids are also very good for the function of other organs and the immune system in general.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!