- Ovarian Cyst Causes
- Ovarian Cyst Symptoms
- Home Remedies for Ovarian Cyst
- 1. Epsom Salt Bath
- 2. Chamomile Tea
- 3. Maca Root
- 4. Heat
- 5. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 6. Castor Oil
- 7. Beetroot
- 8. Decrease Estrogen
- 9. Ginger Juice
- 10. Flaxseed
- 11. Almond
- 12. Raise Fluid Consumption
- 13. Dong Quai Root (Angelica sinensis)
- 14. Black Cohosh Root (Actaea racemosa)
- 15. Dietary Change
In this article, Authority Remedies equips you with top natural home remedies for ovarian cysts, one of the most common health ailments referring to female reproductive system.
In a medical standpoint, ovarian cysts are described as a fluid-filled sac forming around or within an ovary. These cysts are made during ovulation   as the ovary releases eggs. In most cases, they are considered harmless and can go away. Most women can have and develop at least one cyst during their entire life.
Studies from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have said that most women who are in premenopausal period can possess the cysts at one or more times during their lives, while more than 15 percent of women has them after menopause.
Ovarian Cyst Causes
Ovarian Cysts are caused by a wide variety of reasons. They consist of:
- The hormonal imbalance
- Smoking  
- Early menstruation (at 11 years old or even younger)
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Hypothyroidism 
- BMI more than 30
- Using some certain types of medicines such as Tamoxifen (for treating breast cancer), Clomiphene (that has been shown to make the risk of Corpus Luteum cysts development increase)
Ovarian Cyst Symptoms
Most women who have ovarian cysts do not know their issue because those small cysts do not cause any signs or symptoms. Only by a regular physical exam are ovarian cysts disclosed. Once you are contracted ovarian cysts, the symptoms might include:
- Being painful in the lower abdomen when urinating or suffering from bowel movement
- Vomiting and nausea (occurring after a cyst ruptures)
- Pelvic pain after strenuous exercise or after an intercourse
Read also: Home Remedies for Infertility
Home Remedies for Ovarian Cyst
Ovarian Cysts can become painful and unpleasant sensations which cause lots of discomfort; hence, looking for ways to reduce the severity is needed and plays an important role in boosting the well-being fast and successfully. The good news is most cysts can go away but they can cause discomfort even when they are not permanent. If the cysts get worse, they can pose a threat to the ovaries. Then, the scar tissue can grow and form an adhesion  , affecting directly the ovary and discomfort are avoidable.
In fact, medical treatments for ovarian cysts are basically obstructive, however, they are not the only solution to this condition. Several researchers have found out some types of natural cures have a great support for the ovary health and help reduce the ovarian cyst pain.
Following are top 15 excellent home remedies for Ovarian Cysts that should be taken into consideration.
1. Epsom Salt Bath
According to a recent study, a bath full with Epsom salt can relieve significantly ovarian cyst pain as well as its symptoms. Thanks to the high content of magnesium sulfate  , Epsom salt can serve as a muscle relaxant to assist in easing pain.
How to apply:
- Mix a cup of Epsom salt with some warm water and add the solution in your bath tub
- Pour about 10 drops of several essential oils such as rose, lavender or jasmine into the bath
- Stir it for some minutes to get the salt dissolved
- Dip your lower body in it and leave it on for 30 minutes
- Repeat the remedy once per day until your condition gets better
2. Chamomile Tea
Herbal remedies are among top natural treatments for various health problems, and chamomile tea is no exception. The reason why this tea can become one of the most trusted home remedies for ovarian cysts is its gentle sedative agent that can ease pain and help relax. The warm effect of this tea also aids in regulating irregular periods since it can encourage the flow of blood in the uterus and pelvic areas.
How to apply:
- Add about two teaspoons of dried chamomile tea to a glass of water
- Cover the glass and allow it to steep for five minutes
- After straining, add some teaspoons of honey and consume the tea
- Drink the tea up to 2 or 3 glasses of chamomile tea per day to get positive outcomes
Read also: Home Remedies for Irregular Period
3. Maca Root
Maca root is a well-known herb, which can balance the hormone level in the body as well as produce progesterone  . Also, the herb does not have hormones and can nourish the endocrine system  . To help treat ovarian cysts effective, a regular consumption of 3000 mg is strongly recommended.
Heat has been shown to be potential for easing the muscle cramps, along with pain in the abdomen caused by ovarian cysts.
How to apply:
- Place a hot water bottle on the lower pelvic area or on the abdomen
- Perform the remedy for at least 20 minutes
- Practice the same treatment as needed (when you have pain in the abdomen and need a quick relief right away)
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Among top natural treatments for ovarian cysts, apple cider vinegar is known as one of the most effective ways. This is due to the fact that apple cider vinegar can eliminate and dissolve the cysts resulted from the lack of potassium  . This fresh ingredient is loaded with a rich source of potassium and is suggested by a great number of health experts.
How to apply:
- Place a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar into a cup of warm water
- Add a teaspoon of black strap molasses into the mixture
- Consume two cups daily
- Do the same process regularly until the ovarian cyst symptoms are shrunk remarkably
Note: The treatment enables to relive the symptoms of excess menstrual bleeding, bloating and cramping during periods.
Read also: Home Remedies for Heavy Menstrual Bleeding
6. Castor Oil
Known as a traditional home remedy for ovarian cysts, castor oil can get rid of excessive tissues and toxins in the body. Its aim is to encourage the circulatory and lymphatic systems; subsequently reducing and dissolving the ovarian cysts.
How to apply:
- Prepare a large flannel cloth and fold it to have three layers thick. You need to ensure that the cloth when folded is big enough for cover the abdomen
- Rub about two teaspoons of castor oil on the cloth before folding it in half to help saturate
- Unfold the cloth
- Put an old towel under you and lay down
- Place the flannel cloth on your abdomen
- Use plastic and then an old towel to cover the castor oil
- Add a hot water bottle to the towel and cover it a warm blanket
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and remove it
- Perform the same process for thrice per week in three months
Note: You are not allowed to use castor oil when having menstruation. In case you try to conceive, do not take this treatment after ovulation.
Due to packing with betacyanin, beetroot is used to strengthen the liver to help eradicate the toxins out of your body. Also, because of its alkaline nature, this herb can make the acidity in your body balance and thereby reducing the seriousness of many ovarian cyst symptoms.
How to apply:
- Add a half cup of extracted beetroot juice to a teaspoon of both blackstrap molasses and aloe vera gel
- Consume the solution once per day prior to your breakfast
- Repeat the remedy until you get your ovarian symptoms reduced
8. Decrease Estrogen
As earlier mentioned, hormonal imbalance is one of the main causes of ovarian cysts due to the excessive estrogen. This leads to disordered ovulation. Therefore, the best way to eradicate excessive estrogen is to avoid xenohormones  and take the DIM supplement. You can use organic dairy, some meat products but avoid soy foods, stop drinking fluids from plastic bottles to limit the exposure to xenohormones. Remember to use only natural detergents, ward off parabens and mineral oil in some skin care products.
Regarding DIM supplement, this can help your body reduce as well as get rid of excess estrogen just by balancing the hormone and reducing the growth of cyst. You should take DIM supplement per day for 3 months. However, during the treatment, you need to make sure to change your lifestyle, including avoid xenoestrogens in foods, different products and environment.
9. Ginger Juice
Another wonderful home remedy for ovarian cysts is ginger juice  . Ginger is known as a super strong anti-inflammatory herb that enables to ease the inflammation as well as relieve pain. In addition, it can make the heat in your body increase; therefore, inducing the menstruation.
How to apply:
- Prepare some slices of a ginger, a half cup of apple juice, two stalks of celery and three-fourths of a pineapple
- Put all of them into a juicer
- Consume the mixture daily until your condition gets better improvement
- Plus, you should drink three cups of ginger tea per day
Flaxseed is considered as an incredible ovarian cyst treatment because it can balance the amount of estrogen in the body. Thanks to being high in fibre, flaxseeds can help flush out the harmful toxins, cholesterol and waste implemented by the liver.
How to apply:
- Add some flaxseeds in a cup of warm water
- Consume the mixture regularly with an empty stomach until your condition get better
- Also, you had better include some ground flaxseeds into salads, soups, smoothies or yogurt
Considered as a healthy food that has a rich source of magnesium, almond supports the painful cramps reduction caused by ovarian cysts.
How to apply:
- Eat dry and roasted almonds to ease pain and discomfort
- Massage your abdomen with almond oil
- You can mix the oil with some drops of jasmine essential oil
- Also, you can mix the oil with a cup of warm milk and consume it once regularly
- Repeat the same treatment until your condition gets a quick recovery
12. Raise Fluid Consumption
Once you are experiencing the ovarian cysts, it is highly recommended to raise the fluid intake. And water is a perfect choice. For good flavor, you can add some lemon juice to a cup of water and then consume it. Water is powerful for getting rid of harmful toxins and producing a haven for healing. Also, it can ease your pain and relieve swelling in the abdomen.
While water is great to drink, there are some other good fluid you can take in such as coconut water or green vegetable juice. Drinks or beverages need to be avoided include coffee, alcoholic and soda.
13. Dong Quai Root (Angelica sinensis)
Dong Quai root  can be unfamiliar with you but it is widely regarded as an impressive ovarian cyst removal. The reason is it is used for congestive fertility and thereby promoting healthy circulation to the organs of the reproductive systems. The herb can reduce the pain associated with those organs well.
14. Black Cohosh Root (Actaea racemosa)
Black cohosh  is one of the famous herbs for reducing the ovarian cyst symptoms. The herb is believed to boost the entire menstrual cycle regulation.
Read also: Home Remedies for Bacterial Vaginosis
15. Dietary Change
Remember that your regular diets play an important role in regulating all organs in your body, therefore, what kind of food you eat daily can partly contribute to your recent health diseases. Although consumed foods are also the causes, changing your diets can make huge differences. For women who consume cheese and meat products in large amount can have chance to suffer from ovarian cysts. It is essential for them to add more vegetables as well as fruits to the diets or even try vegetarian dishes until the cysts are dissolved and shrunk.
Apart from that, you can eat whole grains, garlic and legumes. You should not eat white flour-related products, eat less sugar and salt and avoid processed foods. This will give you more time to treat and balance the body.
Read also: Home Remedies for Vaginal Odor
*Disclaim: The effectiveness from applying these natural tips will be depended on the body condition of the applicant.