16. Lavender Oil
One of the most impressive health benefits of lavender oil is to treat oral thrush.
The reason why lavender oil is one of the best home remedies for oral thrush is its package of anti-fungal property.
You can simply add 2 drops of lavender oil to your toothpaste when brushing teeth in the morning.
17. Flax Seeds
Considered high in omega 3 fatty acids, one of the nutrition facts of flax seeds are an extremely natural immunity booster; therefore, using them as an effective treatment for oral thrush can achieve your goal. Flax seeds are shown to be potential for curing fungal and bacterial infections of the body. You can drink one teaspoon of flax oil per day or digest a half of a teaspoon of flax seeds to aid in fungus reduction in a natural way.
18. Boric Acid
Since containing anti-fungal properties, boric acid is another favorable answer on how to get rid of oral thrush. It is mainly used to cure oral thrush in adults. Regarding the application, make sure that you do not swallow it since it can lead to upset stomach and pregnant women are not allowed to take this remedy.
How to apply:
- Prepare a quarter teaspoon of boric acid
- Add it to a glass of water
- Wash your mouth off with it
19. Warm Water
Basically, fungus is unable to live in warm or hot environments and therefore, drinking warm water can be applied for flushing out the fungus in the mouth. You can opt for warm or hot water and use one of them to wash and swish your mouth a few times per day.
20. Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide can aid in eliminating the infection leading to fungus. All you need is to wash your mouth with about 2% of hydrogen peroxide mixture that is diluted in water.
How to prevent oral thrush
- Exercise hygienic procedure for oral part every day such as brush the teeth twice, floss once and never use shared toothbrush.
- Use soft cotton cloth or tongue scraper to clean the tongue.
- Change toothbrush regularly
- For people using dentures, do not wear to sleep and keep in denture cleaning liquid overnight. Use clean toothbrush and water for denture cleaning.
- People with diabetes need to monitor the sugar level to prevent infection
- Watch the consumption of sugar to limit the growth of fungus
- While having infection, stop smoking or it will get worse
- Drink cool or ice water to ease the discomfort
- During the infection, consume food which is easy to chew and swallow
- People need to go to the dentists regularly, especially people with diabetes and dentures.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!