What is Oily Skin?
Normally, the oil on our face serve as a shield to protect the skin from environmental impacts and signs of aging. However, when the production of oil become excess, it can easily lead to acne and other skin problem. 15 out of the easiest, but most effective home remedies for oily skin can enable you to learn how to stop oily skin naturally and effortlessly.
A light and flawless skin is an obsession among not only women, but also men as one of human basic needs is being charming and attractive to the opposite sex. For those whose skin is oily, the attractiveness is far from easy. There are a lot of people who are ready to spend a huge amount of money, time and efforts on different products that helps them stop oily skin. However, few of them actually work.
What causes Oily Skin?
A variety of factors should be listed as the causes of oily skin but it is widely accepted that genetics has the most important influence. In addition, the external environment also plays a vital role in the excessive production of skin oil. Your daily lifestyle should be responsible as well.
However, from now on, you no longer need to worry about suffering from oily skin. Learn some natural home remedies for oily skin and apply them effectively, quickly, and effortlessly.
Here are the top 15 most effective home remedies for oily skin which you can easily try at home in order to get rid of the oiliness as well as make your skin shine and bright…
This simple and inexpensive material helps a lot of people regain the confidence with their skin.
- Try an egg yolk. Use a cotton ball to put the egg yolk in the oily skin areas.
- Leave it for 15 minutes then wash the skin with cool water.
- Mash an apple and mix a half of it with oatmeal.
- Add beaten egg white and a spoonful of lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture to your face.
- Wait for 15 minutes and wash with cool water.
3. Blotting Papers
Blotting paper is designed to absorb excessive amount of oil in face, so using it regularly helps your skin clean and clear. However, rubbing blotting paper on your face should be avoided, otherwise it would hurt your skin. Gently press blotting papers to your face and keep it for 20 seconds before moving to another spot.
Along with apples, cucumbers are one of the cheapest but best remedies to deal with excess oil on the face. Cucumbers have particular properties that make them stand out among other fruits. Specifically, it is rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Slice a cucumber into small pieces
- Put them directly on your skin
- Keep it overnight and wash your skin with warm water in the next morning.
You can repeat this everyday to achieve the best results. Read more: How to Get Rid of Freckles.
- Fill an empty bottle with tepid water.
- Add a spoon of salt into the bottle and shake it well. Make sure that salt is all dissolved.
- Spray the salty water on your skin gently.
- Use tissues to clean your skin.
Remember to repeat this regularly during the week to get the best results.
Tomato juice is a favorite drink for many people. Moreover it has other benefit that people who are looking for a natural home remedy for oily skin should be fully aware of. To be more specific, tomato is able to slow down the aging process, rejuvenate the skin, and also make the facial skin dried and clean. Just follow these steps bellows to see the significant changes:
- Choose a fresh and clean tomato.
- Use blender to make tomato juice.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the tomato juice to your skin.
- Leave it dried.
- Rinse the skin with water.
7. Green Tea
If you think green tea leaves are only for making a drink, think it again. Moreover, it is a cure for oily skin, which has been tested by many people worldwide.
- Crush green tea leaves after cleaning them with water.
- Heat them up with water and drain off the water.
- Pour water in and heat again for 15 minutes then throw tea leaves away.
- Gently rub your face with the liquid
- Leave your skin dried naturally.
There are thousands of reasons to eat bananas more regularly than you do. Thanks to its moisturizing properties, people use banana to slow down the process of aging and look younger. Besides, another important benefit of them is to reduce the amount of skin oil.
- Crush a banana.
- Add 2 spoons of milk cream, 1 spoon of honey, oat flour, and water.
- Apply this mixture onto your skin.
- Wait for 30 minutes
- Wash it off with warm water.
Read more: Home Remedies for Skin Rejuvenation.
9. Cold Water
The easiest way to limit the amount of oil on the face is cold water because it is known to maintain the best condition of skin. Therefore, it is suitable to be used before you participate in a party or an appointment.
Keep a bottle of water inside the refrigerator in advance. Spray cold water into your face at least 3-4 times daily. Your skin will stop producing oil immediately.
Honey has been considered as an effective medical cure for many health problems. Besides, it also has many advantages in improving the quality of skin. The most interesting part is that honey can be combined with a variety of ingredients to create effective cures for oily skin.
First, you can use honey with egg and lemon juice.
Take only egg white and mix it with a spoon of honey and lemon juice.
- Apply this mixture to your face.
- Leave it for 20-30 minutes.
- Use cold water to wash your face.
You should apply this 2-3 times a week .
The second method is to use honey with strawberries.
- Crush strawberries and mix them with honey and a spoon of flour.
- Apply this mixture to the skin.
- Relax for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash the face with warm water and use soft towels to dry the skin.
You can read more about 10 Health Benefits of Honey.
11. Change Towels
As a matter of fact, towel is the thing that touches your skin most regularly. Therefore, you will have to make sure it’s clean enough. In case your skin is not comfortable with the current towel, change the brands.
12. Stress Management
Too much stress will disrupt the balance of hormones inside your body, which increases the production of oil on your skin. It is time you applied a worry-free lifestyle and led a healthy life. Read more: Home remedies for stress if you do not want to miss diverse ways to eliminate stress from destroying your appearance.
13. Enough Water
Some people think that oily skin happens because there is too much water in their bodies. That thought turns out to be wrong. In fact, people whose skin is oily can still lack water. What you are suggested to do is to drink an adequate amount of water every day in order to refresh your skin and your body. This will help to reduce the excess oil and tighten the pores in your skin as well.
Massage your face 3-4 times a week can help to improve the situation. You can massage with buttermilk, after washing your face with cool water. The acid of buttermilk might eliminate dirt and narrow down the pores on your face.
15. Healthy Lifestyle
Last but not least, preventing your face from getting dirty is necessary. You should pay attention to how to wash your face clearly but gently and remember to use sunscreen in daytime, especially in the summer. The condition of the skin actually reflects how healthy you are.
*Disclaim: The effectiveness from applying these natural tips will be depended on the body condition of the applicant.