What is Muscle Pain?
Muscle pain is a popular problem to not only sports players, but also anyone who over-exercises daily. It may happen at any part of the body and lead to many discomforts in daily life. Some people spend a lot of money, time and energy on drugs to improve the treatment of muscle pain. However, pharmaceutical drugs do not always work; even in case they help, it may have unwanted effects on your health.
For ages, people have relied on natural home remedies to get rid of muscle pain. They are simple to apply at home, but very effective in the treatment of muscle pain. You can check these home remedies for muscle pain.
Here are 15 top home remedies for muscle pain which is so easy to apply at home immediately in case you experience any muscle pain…
Ginger has many benefits in medication and undeniably it is one of the best home remedies for muscle pain. In ginger, there are many essential nutrients, like phytochemicals, which help relieving the muscle pain in a short time. Ginger can be eaten raw or you can add ginger into daily meals. For more information about the benefits of ginger, please read: Home Remedies for Sprained Ankle and Phlegm.
Massage not only enables your feet to relax after tiring working hours, but also improves the treatment of muscle pain. One of the main causes for muscle pain is overexertion, and massage treats it well. Besides, massage can help improving the flow of blood in the body and accelerate the healing process. You can find out more at: Home Remedies for Anorexia.
- Take a spoon of turmeric powder.
- Mix it with a glass of milk.
- Put the mixture over the heat for few minutes.
- Drink the mixture a few times a day to get the best results.
If you are not interested in consuming turmeric powder, you can use it in another way.
- Mix turmeric powder and lemon juice.
- Add some salt.
- Put the mixture directly on the aching parts of the body.
- Wait for 30 minutes.
- Clean those areas with warm water.
- Repeat doing this 2 times a day until you notice improvements.
Being considered as one of the best pain-killing home remedies for muscle pain, arnica has little effects on your health after you consume it. You should make tea from arnica few times daily to feel better.
Thanks to the richness of potassium and vitamins, banana is an ideal remedy to improve the treatment of muscle pain. It is popular among sports players to get rid of muscle pain and tiredness. Eating banana everyday can relieve the pain, but to improve the flavor, you can make the banana milkshake.
6. Warm Shower
This may be what you do every day, but you may not be well-aware of its advantages. The treatment of muscle pain requires relaxation, which may come from a warm shower. The tension in muscles can be reduced significantly. In addition, it will enable you to relax after tiring hours.
7. Blackstrap Molasses
With anti-inflammatory properties, blackstrap molasses can be one of the most popular home remedies for muscle pain.
- Mix blackstrap molasses, apple cider vinegar and grounded ginger with the same proportion of ½ cup. You can choose to add sugar or honey. Then, water should be added.
- Apply that mixture over the aching parts of the body few times a day until you see improvements.
8. Coconut Oil
Coconut can be applied variously in the treatment of different health problems, including muscle pain. It is totally safe and even enhances your immune system so that muscle pain won’t be likely to happen again. You can use coconut oil in the making of meals every day. Just need to add a spoonful of coconut oil in different dishes. That’s why coconut oil is one of the best home remedies for muscle pain.
Rosemary is famous for its applications in cooking, but it also helps a lot in the treatment of muscle pain. There are many necessary nutrients in rosemary leaves that can ease the pain fast and improve the flow of blood inside the body. You can use fresh and dried leaves.
- Take dried rosemary leaves in the water.
- Boil the mixture and steep it in 20 minutes.
- Use the cotton ball to soak in the solution and apply it over the aching parts.
- Repeat doing this a few times daily in order to get rid of muscle pain.
10. Tart Cherry Juice
The British Journal of Sports Medicine published a report which indicates the benefit of tart cherry in the treatment of muscle pain. The pain can disappear 3-4 days after cherry juice is consumed. In addition, people who drink cherry juice feel better and stronger.
Having been used to make medicine for ages, feverfew can improve the treatment of a variety of problems like headaches and toothaches. There are still many other benefits which have not been discovered yet. Nowadays, it is one of the best home remedies for muscle pain without consequences.
- Take fresh feverfew.
- Add some water and squeeze the mixture.
- Apply the paste over the aching parts of the body.
You can follow this tip few times a day until you notice improvements.
12. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is a safe and effective way to get rid of muscle pain. It can also improve the strength of the body and eradicate pains in some parts like feet.
- Mix apple cider vinegar and warm water.
- Use a cotton ball to soak in the mixture and apply the ball over the aching parts.
- Wait for 15-20 minutes so that the body can absorb it.
- Repeat doing this twice a day for weeks until the pain is gone.
If you would like to drink apple cider vinegar, you can add it with honey and drink the mixture directly once a day.
13. Mustard Oil
Muscle pain can be treated quickly if you use mustard oil. It is one of the oldest home remedies for muscle pain and it has helped millions of people getting rid of muscle pain and embarrassing pains caused by aching muscle.
- Take 10 cloves of garlic into mustard oil.
- Put the mixture over the heat until the color of cloves becomes brown.
- Leave the mixture cool.
- Use the mixture over the aching parts of the body and massage those areas.
You can do this few times daily until improvements are seen.
14. Cayenne Pepper
With anti-inflammatory properties, cayenne pepper may help the sufferers getting rid of muscle pain quickly and effortlessly.
- Take a spoon of cayenne pepper powder into a bowl.
- Add a spoonful of olive oil into the bowl and mix them.
- The aching parts of the body should be applied with the mixture and covered by a bandage.
- The bandage should be kept overnight before being removed.
You can follow this method few days until the muscle pain is treated.
Sometimes doing nothing is the best way to get rid of some health problems, including muscle pain. It is one of the simplest, but most effective home remedies for muscle pain. It prevents the muscle pain from damaging other parts of body, and also gives your body time to recover and regain the energy it needs.
*Disclaim: The effectiveness from applying these natural tips will be depended on the body condition of the applicant.