Loose motions, which is more commonly known as diarrhea, can be seen in the majority of the population. In this article, Authority Remedies will help you have a better idea of top 15 natural home remedies for loose motions.
Loose motions will happen when there are some problems to your digestive system, mainly the stomach. This problem causes you to stool much more frequently on a daily basis and the stools are watery or loose. To dig deeper into the cause for loose motions, the virus and bacteria should be fully responsible. They may enter your body when you consume foods and water which are contaminated. Loose motions are also recorded in people suffering from intestinal diseases.
The consequences of loose motions are clear. Frequent stooling not only makes you embarrassed in many situations, but also leads to the excessive loss of fluid. As a consequence, sufferers of loose motions will experience dehydration that in turn triggers many severe health problems.
Normally, loose motions will disturb you in the average period of 2-4 days and after that, you will get rid of it naturally without treatment. However, when the problem becomes more severe, your intervention is necessary.
Here are top 15 natural home remedies for loose motions that you can use with some simple ingredients around you to get rid of loose motions easily.
As loose motions are caused by the malfunction of the digestive system in your body, the best natural home remedies for loose motions need to fix this problem. And yogurt is a perfect choice to enhance your digestion. In addition, the presence of some good bacteria in plain yogurt will take part in the battle and fight against the bacteria causing loose motions.
Therefore, if you want to get rid of loose motions as soon as possible, you had better consume yogurt 2-3 times per day. Some fruits, such as banana, can be added into the yogurt to maximize the benefits.
When combined with yogurt, banana becomes super effective in the loose motion treatment. However, it can be one of the best natural home remedies for loose motions by itself thanks to its richness of pectin. Furthermore, the considerable amount of potassium in banana can strengthen some parts of the body, including the stomach. Please read Surprising Benefits of Bananas.
You can consume ripe bananas 2-3 times per day or use it along with yogurt as mentioned above to get the best results.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Serving as a powerful anti-bacterial agent, apple cider vinegar is the next great home remedy for loose motions. However, you are not recommended to use raw vinegar because it it too strongly acidic.
- Get one spoon of this vinegar into a cup of water.
- Consume the mixture at least twice per day to get rid of loose motions as quickly as possible.
To make up for the amount of fluid you lose due to loose motions, you can make use of fenugreek – one of the most effective home remedies for loose motions. Moreover, this small seed can improve the elimination of germs from your body and help you digest foods more easily.
You can combine fenugreek with yogurt to get the best result at one time.
5. Mustard Seeds
Another type of seed which has small size, but is very effective in improving the function of your stomach is mustard seed. Undeniably, it is one of the most effective home remedies for loose motions.
- Half a spoon of mustard seeds should be consumed along with water.
- The second way to use mustard seeds is to boil the mixture of one spoon of it and one glass of water. Then, it should be strained and you get the mixture to consume several times per day.
6. Chamomile Tea
With antispasmodic quality, chamomile tea can help you get rid of the pain – a common symptom of loose motions. A cup of warm chamomile tea also helps you relax the muscles and strengthen the digestion in the body. On the other hand, it is a great way to give the body more fluid so as to avoid dehydration after frequent stooling.
- One spoon of chamomile flowers should be mixed with hot water.
- After boiling it in some minutes, you should strain it to get a mixture to consume 2-3 times per day.
The antiviral and antibacterial qualities of ginger are very suitable for the loose motion treatment, which explains why ginger is one of the most popular natural home remedies for loose motions. Among 10 Surprising Benefits of Ginger, you should remember its ability to improve immunity and digestion.
- Get some fresh ginger slices into hot water.
- Wait until the tea is cool.
- You can pour a bit raw honey and consume the tea a few times on a daily basis to get rid of loose motions quickly.
Dealing with the problem from its root, nutmeg can be regarded as one of the best natural home remedies for loose motions. It is also beneficial for the efforts to soothe the intestines disturbed by this infection.
- You should grind some nutmegs first to get the powder.
- Then, take the same amounts of its powder, ginger root and powdered black pepper.
- Pour all of them into a cup of water and consume the mixture twice per day.
There are many astringent compounds present in guava and they all contribute to the attempts to get rid of loose motions as soon as possible. Therefore, guava can facilitate the process of digesting foods in the stomach to prevent frequent stooling.
You are recommended to consume guava juice once or twice per day to get the best result. It is not suggested for you to eat guava because you may suffer from constipation.
Carrot should be made into the soup to speed up the loose motion treatment. The reason is that the soup can help sufferers regain the amount of fluid they lose due to diarrhea. In addition, carrot is one of the most effective natural home remedies for loose motions as it is highly antidyspeptic. This remedy is more suitable for children.
- Take about 500g carrots which are washed.
- Place in half a glass of water and boil them in at least 15 minutes.
- You should have the mixture drained and put some salt to make it taste better.
- Consume the soup on a daily basis.
With strong antioxidant quality, coriander leaf is one of the most effective natural home remedies for loose motions. It can help you overcome the pain and other annoy symptoms of diarrhea instantly.
- Two spoons of coriander leaves should be placed into a glass of water.
- Continue to boil it until you see coriander exuded.
- When the mixture is cool, it should be strained and consumed twice per day.
Basil is another great natural home remedy for loose motions as it has positive impacts on your digestion.
- Get some leaves crushed into the paste.
- Mix it with raw honey and consume the mixture several times on a daily basis to get rid of loose motions quickly.
13. White Rice
White rice is good for the loose motion treatment as it can be easily digested in the stomach. It even prevents the stools from being too watery or loose. Therefore, you can get rid of one of the most terrible symptoms of loose motions.
You are suggested consume white rice alone, which means that you do not need any sauce or spice.
It is pomegranate peel that becomes one of the best natural home remedies for loose motions. You can store some peels to save for the next time of using.
- Put some peels into hot water and put them over the heat to steep it.
- When you see the water reduce to half, stop steeping and wait until it is cool.
- Consume the mixture after you have meals.
The last home remedy for buttermilk you should really pay attention to is buttermilk. Like yogurt, buttermilk can provide the body with some nutrients and good bacterial to eliminate the germs from your stomach. To get the best result, you ought to consume buttermilk combined with salt.
You can read more about Home Remedies for Diarrhea.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!