Period, also known as menstruation, is an indispensible part in the life of every woman all around the world. However, the way it is shown varies from woman to another. Some might find it easy to get over it while others struggle with it every month. Normally, period comes around a specific moment each month, but there are times when periods become irregular. It is called light periods.
Light periods should get more and more attention of women because it may be a sign to indicate the existence of more serious health problems. Rarely, light period is related to early stage of pregnancy and you should be happen in this case. However, in most other cases, light periods can lead to many discomforts and irritations that you may suffer for a longer period of time.
Light periods can result from your diet. The nutritional deficiency is mainly responsible for this problem. Besides, if you do not have periods more than 35 days and pregnancy is not the cause, then you should have yourself examined because light periods may indicate your inability to bear a child.
Below are top 10 natural home remedies for light periods that can help you treat the discomforts caused by light periods.
Among natural home remedies for light periods, ginger is absolutely one of the simplest to find and apply at home. Many women have used ginger to get rid of severe pain during menstruations. And when light periods happen and worsen the pain, ginger can take effects to help you speed up the irregular periods treatment.
- Take a fresh ginger and cut it into thin slices.
- Put some slices in to water and have them boiled in approximately 5 minutes.
- You ought to consume the ginger tea a few times on a daily basis to get the best results.
Note: If you prefer sweetness, raw honey is strongly recommended. Sugar should not be used in the irregular periods treatment.
2. Sesame Seeds
Sesame seed can be regarded as one of the most effective natural home remedies for light periods. There are diverse ways to take advantage of sesame seeds in the irregular periods treatment.
Firstly, you should prepare dried sesame seeds and grind them into powder. Get the powder to combine with water so that you have a mixture do drink a few times per day.
Secondly, you can pour the powder into your bath warm water to have yourself soaked in the mixture for 15-20 minutes on a daily basis.
- Prepare powdered cinnamon.
- Mix it with warm water to have a tea.
- Consume the tea 2-3 times per day to get rid of irregular periods quickly.
Dehydration, which refers to lack of water, will be the worst scenario during the menstruation. It will weaken your capacity of endurance and increase the severity of pain caused by irregular periods to the point that hardly can you stand. Therefore, it is a great idea to make sure that your amount of fluid intake on a daily basis is sufficient. Water, in general, is one of the most important natural remedies for light periods.
For more ways to get rid of dehydration, please read Home Remedies for Dehydration.
One of the most popular natural home remedies for light periods is papaya. It is conducive to the contraction of uterine walls. Therefore, irregular periods will be prevented effectively. You are recommended to consume unripe papay several times on a daily basis. This remedy is also great for reducing the pain during menstruation and it is more suitable for unmarried ones.
You may be concerned about Home Remedies for Period Pains.
- Take a few spoons of fennel seeds and have them crushed to get the powder.
- Mix it with water and continue to steep the mixture in 5 minutes.
- Consume the mixture 2-3 times per day.
Another great home remedies for light periods is flaxseeds. Despite its tiny size, it is very effective in dealing with monthly pain of women because it will lower the level of prostaglandin which is responsible for the painful feeling.
- Combine a few spoons of flaxseeds with unsweetened yogurt.
- Consume them a few times every day.
Besides, you can include flaxseeds in salad to taste better.
Chamomile is one of the most well-known natural home remedies for light periods. Furthermore, it is a great way to get rid of anxiety and stress which may worsen the pain caused by irregular periods.
- A few spoons of dried chamomile flowers should be put into hot water.
- They should be steeped in approximately 5 minutes.
- You can pour a bit honey or sugar to improve the flavor and benefits at the same time.
- Consume the tea a few times on a daily basis to get rid of irregular periods.
Parsley serves as one of the best natural home remedies for not only light periods, but also other menstrual problems, such as cramps. It is super effective to support the menstrual flows and guarantee that it happens regularly each month.
- Squeeze parsley to get the fresh juice.
- You can combine it with cucumber juice to maximize the benefits.
- Consume the mixture a few times on a daily basis to get rid of irregular periods as soon as possible.
This might be a shocking news for many women because the pain makes it difficult to even stand up. However, doing exercises is one of the most important natural remedies for irregular periods and you should keep it as a daily habit for the sake of your health in general.
Exercises can enhance the endorphins which are naturally pain-killing inside the body and the flow of blood as well. You should try some slight exercises, instead of strenuous workouts or yoga.
Check more about Home Remedies for Premenstrual Syndrome.
*Disclaim: The effectiveness from applying these natural tips will be depended on the body condition of the applicant.