Kidney stones are among the most common health problems in both men and women nowadays. Although the condition is not likely to directly cause the death, it brings to people so much trouble and pain. Therefore, it is necessary to prevent and eradicate the symptom of kidney stones.
What is a kidney stone?
Kidney stones with small size can leave the body through urine tract without causing any annoying symptoms. However, if the size reaches at least 3 millimeters (0.12 in), they will block the ureter, causing pain to sufferers.
Symptoms of kidney stones
There are many symptoms that help you notice the development of kidney stones, including:
- Frequent desire to urinate
- Fever and excessive sweating
- Nausea, vomiting
- Painful urination
- Blood in the urine
Besides the medical care you have to take for treatment, there are plenty of natural ingredients that help you with the condition. They are effective available materials around us like fruit and vegetable, which have the ability to reduce and eliminate kidney stones.
Let take a look at top 10 effective home remedies for kidney stones that anyone can apply without purchasing special ingredients or equipments.
1. Apple cider vinegar
Like lemon, apple cider vinegar has the ability to passing kidney stones with small or medium size.
- Make a solution of apple cider vinegar and honey in a cup of hot water
- Consume this several times a day
Learn more other benefits of apple cider vinegar at 16 Ways That Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits You.
2. Lemon juice
Lemon has been long used as traditional remedy for gallbladder stones as well as kidney stones. This is thanks to the presence of citric acid in lemon, which is used to inhibit the development of calcium-based kidney stones. For better effect, you should add some honey or olive oil to make a more powerful solution. However, this remedy takes effect only with small or medium sized kidney stones. It is a good idea to consult a doctor before apply the treatment.
- Consume lemon juice with a little salt or honey every morning in your empty stomach
- Alternatively, mix fresh lemon juice with olive oil in water with the equal amount. Drink this mixture 2-3 times daily in at least 3 days then you will soon see the improvement.
Read more Top 10 Natural Benefits of Lemon.
3. Nettle leaf
By improving the water flow to kidneys and bladder, the nettle leaf helps improve the smooth urination. Besides, this natural ingredient also inhibits the formation of kidney stones and protects against bacteria.
- Make nettle tea by adding some dried leaves to a cup of boiled water
- Strain it after 10 minutes
- Consume this tea 2-3 times per day for a few weeks
Celery is another remedy that is worth to try for kidney stones treatment. Since this plant is blessed with anti-spasmodic properties, which can remove waste products and toxin out of body, especially kidney. Also, it can improve the urine volume, making the process of flushing out the stones easier.
- Consume at least a glass of celery juice or a cup of herbal tea made from celery seeds daily to treat and prevent kidney stones
Besides, celery is also used for other health benefits. Read more Home Remedies to Improve Blood Circulation.
- Consume 2-3 basil leaves directly in the morning
- Alternatively, make the juice from basil leaves and mix it with honey. Drink this in the empty stomach after you wake up
- Another option is to consume basil tea. Put some basil leaves into a cup of boiled water. Let it steep for 10 minutes and add some honey for consuming
Also, basil is a great remedy for other health and beauty problems. You can find out more at How to Get Rid of Yellow Teeth.
Pomegranate is considered as not only a delicious fruit but also a great source of nutrients. The rich profile of beneficial substances, especially astringent properties enables pomegranate to successfully deal with kidney stones.
- Consume one whole fresh pomegranate daily
- Alternatively you can take it as juice or salad
Another powerful remedy for kidney stones is watermelon, which is rich in potassium and water. In this case, potassium in the fruit helps to nurture the organ and make it work properly. Meanwhile, the huge quantity of water acts to flush out the stones in kidney.
For those who want to prevent the condition, watermelon is also a good solution.
Not only kidney stones but also other kidney problems can be cured thanks to the use of wheatgrass. This is due to its rich nutrient profile, including magnesium, iron, potassium, vitamin B, etc.
All you need to do is drink the juice mixture of wheatgrass, lemon and basil leaves a few times daily. Do this until you see the improvement.
9. Kidney beans
Being abundant in fiber, kidney beans effectively help with the condition of kidney stones and other kidney or bladder problems.
- Take the beans out of the pods and put it into boiled water. Simmer the beans until they become soft. Strain the liquid and let it cool down then strain again.
- Drink this throughout the day. Do not use this liquid that has been kept more than 24 hours as it no longer helps your condition
- Alternatively, add kidney beans into your meal like soup or salad
10. Bran flakes
It has been confirmed that with an appropriate supplement of vitamins, minerals and fiber, especially insoluble fiber, the condition of kidney stones will be significantly improved. In this case, bran flakes are among the best choice to deal with the problem. The rich content of fiber in the grain will gradually remove the calcium in the urine, leading to the reduction of kidney stones.
To make use of this ingredient for treating kidney stones, add it into your daily meal. Besides, you can use whole grain foods instead since they are also packed with protein, nutrients, fiber and magnesium.
Note: Although these home remedies for kidney stones are powerful and efficient in treating the condition, you need to give them enough time to take effect. At the same time, do not forget to consume an adequate amount of water per day (8-10 glasses) to clean your urine and enhance the effect.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!