What is Jaundice?
Jaundice is nothing but a change in the color of the skin or eyes. It can be considered as a symptom of hidden and more serious health problems, rather than a disease. Newborns are more likely to suffer from jaundice.
What causes Jaundice?
When you notice jaundice happens to you, you’d better think of the liver immediately. There must be some problems with your liver that hinders the process of detoxifying your body.
Symptoms of Jaundice
The most obvious and well-seen symptoms of jaundice is the transformation of the skin or eyes into yellow. It should be noted that this symptom can expand to other areas. Besides, sufferers may also undergo a series of uncomfortable symptoms, such as itchiness, nausea or vomiting. In some worse cases, fever and liver pain can happen.
Normally, it is not necessary to treat jaundice because it does not put your health at risk. However, you can use some natural home remedies for jaundice to get rid of it as soon as possible so that the conditions do not get worse and worse throughout time.
Below are top 15 natural home remedies for jaundice that you can apply on your own at home to get rid of one of the most irritating problems.
1. Sugar Cane
Sugar cane is one of the best natural home remedies for jaundice and it is certain that this remedy is inexpensive at all, right? Sugar cane can improve the urination and provide sufferers with nutrients to support the function of the liver.
- Prepare lime juice and sugar cane juice.
- Mix a spoon of the former with a cup of the latter.
- Consume the mixture 2-3 times on a daily basis.
You should follow this method for several weeks until all symptoms of jaundice are gone, but do not overuse the sugar cane.
Barley is the next natural home remedy for jaundice since it has positive impacts on the function of the liver in eradicating toxins from the body. In addition, there are many beneficial nutrients in barley that can purify the blood.
- Take about a cup of barley into water.
- They should be boiled in 2-3 hours.
- When it is warm, you should consume it in a small amount 2-3 times on daily basis.
One of the best ways to deal with the discoloration in the skin and eyes is tomato. This fresh vegetable has been believed to improve the conditions of your skin for ages. Another benefit of tomato is to purify the blood effectively. By drinking tomato juice, you will get rid of appetite loss – one of the most severe problems caused by jaundice.
- Prepare tomato juice and salt.
- Mix a spoon of salt into a cup of the juice.
- Consume the mixture every morning even before you have breakfast.
- Place some spoons of almonds into water for one night.
- In the next morning, you should cut off the skin and grind them into powder.
- Mix the powdered almonds with sugar and water.
- Consume the mixture 2-3 times per day.
- Clean and make some gooseberries dried.
- Place them into a glass of water.
- Steep the mixture in several minutes.
- After that, remove the water and keep the soft gooseberries.
- The seeds should be eliminated and combine gooseberries with sugar and salt in a grinder to get a paste.
- The paste should be mixed with water and consumed several times per day.
It is undeniable that the anti-inflammatory quality of lemon is very strong and it makes lemon stand out among natural home remedies for jaundice. The daily consumption of lemon juice can help you deal with damaged cells in the liver and improve the digestive process. You can find more about Top 10 Natural Benefits of Lemon.
You ought to use several cups of lemon juice on a daily basis to get rid of jaundice as soon as possible.
If you are one of unlucky sufferers that experience severe symptoms of jaundice, you’d better make use of turmeric to escape from these discomforts. This is one of the most effective natural home remedies for jaundice. You can dig deeper into the benefits of turmeric on the liver at Top Natural Foods for Liver Detoxification.
- Prepare powdered turmeric and warm milk.
- Pour 1-2 spoons of powdered turmeric into a cup of warm milk. Stir it well.
- Consume the mixture 2-3 times per day.
In addition to improving the digestion, banana can have beneficial impacts on your liver. It is one of the best natural home remedies for jaundice.
- Take a ripe banana and have it mashed.
- You can pour a spoon of raw honey to maximize the benefits.
- Consume it at least twice per day.
You need to follow this method for a few days until you see the disappearance of yellow on the skin.
It is very interesting to know that all parts of a papaya, from its seeds to leaves, are great for the jaundice treatment. If you want a totally inexpensive home remedy, here is the best for you.
- Take some papaya leaves and crush them to get a juice.
- Honey can be supplemented to improve the flavor and benefits at the same time.
- Consume it 2-3 times on a daily basis.
Carrot is claimed to be very active in the detoxification process, which means that it supports the functions of the liver. In addition, carrot can help you escape from annoying symptoms of jaundice, such as nausea. Trying several cups of carrot juice on a daily basis is one of the most effective home remedies for jaundice.
The anxiolytic quality of chamomile is rarely mentioned in the report, but it is this quality that makes chamomile become one of the most effective home remedies for jaundice.
You can consume 2-3 cups of warm chamomile tea per day to get rid of jaundice as soon as possible. All you need to do is to mix dried chamomile flowers and boiling water.
Many areas in the world call basil in another name “holy basil”. This fact shows us how important and appreciated basil is in the medicinal world. There are many polyphenolic flavonoids found in basil leaves and they contribute to the well-being of human liver. In addition, no cholesterol is present in basil leaves, which means that you can absorb its nutrients to the fullest extent without worrying about side effects.
- Grind 10-15 basil leaves to get a juice.
- Consume the juice several times per day to get the best results.
The combination of buttermilk and black pepper can give you a quick relief to get rid of jaundice. You should consume it at least three times daily so that you can gain the best benefits. It is also a great tip among Home Remedies for Fatty Liver Disease.
14. Coriander Seeds
If the symptoms of jaundice go beyond your control, you should use coriander seeds immediately. It is one of the simplest home remedies for jaundice as the yellow on the skin will soon disappear.
- Take 2 spoons of the seeds into half a cup of water.
- Put them over the heat to boil in several minutes.
- Wait until it is warm and consume it.
Garlic – a strong natural home remedy for jaundice – is recommended to be used right after you wake up in the morning. Chewing some garlic cloves raw in the mouth will enable the body to get its nutrients more easily. With anti-inflammatory and antibacterial qualities, garlic is believed to speed up the jaundice treatment. If you are afraid of bad breath, do not worry because there are already Home Remedies for Bad Breath.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!