Table of Contents
First of all, if you are having trouble with infertility, it is guaranteed that you are not the sole case on this matter. Research has found that 10 to 15% of couples in USA are having problems with infertility.
Infertility is the term which is used to call the condition of unable to conceive, even though you are doing unprotected intercourse frequently for at least 1 year and sometimes 6 months for specific situation.
Infertility might result from single side of either your partner or you, to the causes which come from combinations of various factors, thus discontinue or prevent pregnancy from happening.
In order to get pregnant, it requires the correct function of the fertilization and ovulation processes. However, for some couples, infertility might be the condition from birth (congenital) or something which happens later on in life and incurs infertility.
As mentioned above, the causes of infertility can come from either single or both sides and it is divided rather evenly. The causes from male only are accounted for 1/3 of total cases and so are the causes from female only. The remaining one-third is due to the combination of both sides or sometimes due to unidentified causes.
- Abnormal function and production of sperm: It can be the consequence of various factors such as genetic defects, undescended testicles or some problems with health such as trauma, mumps or even surgeries at inguinal region and testicles. The veins of the testes which are enlarged can increase heat and flow of blood which will take impact on sperm count and shape.
- Delivery of sperm problems: The problems can range from premature ejaculation to retrograde ejaculation, from genetic diseases like cystic fibrosis to structural problems like epididymis which is blockage on sperm-contained testicle as well as injuries or damages of the reproductive organs. Also for men who has done vasectomy who want to be reverse in order to be able to fertilize will need to perform reversal surgery or procedure to retrieve sperm.
- Chemical and toxin overexposure: The harmful substances can be alcohol, smoke from tobacco, radiation, pesticide, marijuana and steroids like testosterone. Furthermore, extreme heat from hot tub or sauna can also cause the temperature of testicular to rise which will take negative impact onto sperm.
- Cancer treatment damage: Treatment such as chemotherapy and radiation can severely harm the production of sperm. Procedure such as testicle removal will also definitely affect the fertility function in male.
- Disorder of ovulation: It is the condition which affects the release of eggs from ovaries. The causes for disorders can be from hormonal disorders like polycystic ovary syndrome which indicates the overproduction of testosterone from ovaries, to hyperprolactinemia which indicates the excess of prolactin that is in charge of promoting production of breast milk. The disorders can also come from exercise excessively, disorders of diet, tumors or injuries.
- Abnormalities of cervical or uterine: They are numerous problems which vary from cervical or cervix mucus’s opening to the cavity or shape of uterus that is abnormal. The uterine fibroids which are benign tumors from the uterus’ wall and they cause blockage on the fallopian tubes, are also common for female. Additionally, the uterine cavity can be distorted by fibroids which will significantly affect the implantation for fertilized egg.
- Blockage or damage to the fallopian tube: It is called salpingitis which is the inflammation from fallopian tube. They are often caused by inflammation in the pelvic which comes from adhesions, endometriosis or STDs.
- Endometriosis: It is the problem of endometrial tissue that grows and implants on the outer uterus which can significantly impair the function of fallopian tube, uterus and ovaries.
- Insufficiency of primary ovarian: It is used to call the early coming of menopause which means the ovaries stop functioning and ending of menstrual before the age of 40. The early ending of menopause can be due to many reasons such as chemotherapy and radiation treatment, smoking or even autoimmune diseases.
- Pelvic adhesions: It is caused surgery in abdomen or pelvic or appendicitis and other pelvic infection which form scar tissues that band together to bind organs.
Also, women are more prone to infertility due to many problems such as:
- Thyroid problems: They are the disorder of thyroid glands which indicate either excessive or deficiency of thyroid hormone which can disrupt menstrual cycle and trigger infertility.
- Cancer and treatment: Female fertility can be affected badly by reproductive cancer of women. Also the treatments which involve chemotherapy and radiation will take negative impact on reproductive ability of women.
- Other conditions: The menstrual absence which will affect female fertility can be caused by delayed puberty accompanied by medical conditions such as diabetes, diseases of kidney, sickle cell, celiac or Cushing’s disease. Sometimes abnormalities in genes can make pregnancy and conception more difficult.
- Certain medications: Some types of medication can make a halt on fertility and it can only be resumed after stopping using those medications.
On normal term, most of the couples will be able to achieve pregnancy in the period of 6 months since they start trying unprotected intercourse frequently. Additionally, approximately 90% of couples will get there within the period of 12 months. Therefore, whether couples use treatments or not, majority of them will eventually be able to get pregnancy.
The most obvious symptoms will be the inability to conceive. For women, there might be absent or irregular period of menstruation. For men, they might experience problems with hormones like changes in growth of hair, sexual functions such as ejaculation or decrease in desire. Also there could be small testicles or scrotum swelling.
It is recommended to consult the doctor in case you have been trying for more than a year with no result. Besides, there are signs which indicate that you should go see the doctor as soon as possible especially for women such as:
- You are around 35 to 40 years old and you have tried for more than 6 months.
- You are over 40 years old.
- Your menstrual cycle is irregular and sometimes missing.
- You have been diagnosed with fertility problems, inflammation in pelvic and endometriosis.
- You have been through miscarriage once or cancer treatment.
As for men, the symptoms can be:
- Sperm problems such low count.
- Scrotum appears to be swelling.
- You have been through vasectomy.
- You have been through inguinal or scrotal surgery.
- You have sexual problems such as small testicles or lack of desire.
- You have been through cancer treatment.
You have never checked the status of fertility for yourself.
Here top 15 effective home remedies for infertility which you can easily apply from home in order to cure infertility as well as maintain a healthy sexual lifestyle…
Also known as Indian ginseng, it is extremely effective at balancing the level of hormone as well as improving function of reproductive organs. Furthermore, it can help regulate the uterus for women who have just experience miscarriage and alleviate their stress.
How to use:
- Take a tablespoon powder of ashwagandha into some warm water.
- Consume twice per day.
Note: This herb might bring side effects, therefore do consult the doctor before applying.
It is an extremely effective as an infertility treatment as it can help encourage flow of blood toward uterus and increase the thickness of uterine lining in order to lower the possibility of miscarriage and promote fetus development.
How to use:
- Take a jar which are airtight and put in equal parts of powder from barks and seeds of pomegranate for storing. For twice per day, consume half a teaspoon of mixed powder with some warm water in couples of week.
- Another option is consuming fresh fruits as well as juice from pomegranate.
Another effective infertility treatment is cinnamon as it can correct ovarian function and cure PCOS which is a major cause of infertility.
Also the supplement from cinnamon can efficiently promote better menstrual cycle for women who experience PCOS.
Cinnamon is proven to be significant in treating infertility as it can even cure amenorrhea, uterine fibroids and endometriosis as well as infections by yeasts.
How to use:
- Take a teaspoon powder of cinnamon into some hot water. Consume once per day for couples of month.
- Add cinnamon powder into daily diet by put it on yogurt, cereal and oatmeal.
Note: Avoid consuming over 2 teaspoons daily. Cinnamon is an excellent spice in the culinary world, also it is well-known as an effective home remedy for numerous problems. You can find out more at: Home Remedies for Periodontitis and Sagging Skin.
How to use:
- Take a teaspoon of dried or fresh chasteberry into some boiling water. After steeping for 10 minutes, have it strained and consume the tea once per day for couples of week or month.
- Another option is chasteberry supplementary pills, tinctures or liquid extract after consulting the doctor.
Note: Women with sensitivity to hormone like breast cancer or using antipsychotic medication as well as applying vitro fertilization is advised to keep out of this herb.
Rich of minerals like iron as well as various vitamins such as A, B and E, it can significantly improve women’s ability to fertilize together with the capability of carrying the child through full term to live birth.
How to use:
- Take out the seeds of 10 to 12 dates and grind them together with 2 tablespoons of coriander roots which have been finely chopped in order to make a paste. Put in 3-quarter of milk and have the mixture boiled. After it cools down, consume once per day in 1 week since the last day of your period.
- Consume about 6 to 8 dates for snack and add them into diet like smoothies, yogurt and milk.
6. Maca Root
As an effective infertility treatment, it can encourage the production of sperm and motility as well as maintain a balance level of hormone.
Take 1 to 3 teaspoons powder of maca root in 2 doses per day for couples of month. Consider consuming together with warm water, protein shake or smoothie and with cereal. Due to its high level of fiber, start small dose of half a teaspoon and go higher gradually over week.
7. Panax Ginseng
Commonly known as Korean ginseng, it is extremely effective in treating infertility as it can boost up testosterone; improve sperm count as well as motility. Also it can even promote erectile performance. For the 500mg, consume 1 to 3 capsules per day in about 3 months. However, you need to consult the doctor before start applying.
Besides an effective infertility treatment, garlic is also considered an aphrodisiac from nature. The allicin compound found in garlic can significantly improve sperm endurance and encourage circulation of blood. Also the selenium in garlic can promote the motility of sperm. You can easily apply by consuming 1 to 2 cloves of garlic per day together with the daily diet. Besides an effective infertility treatment, garlic can also cure many other problems such as: Home Remedies for Peptic Ulcer and Oral Thrush.
For the 500mg, consume 1 to 3 capsules per day in couples of month after consulting the doctor.
It is another infertility treatment for men through treating the problems of low quantity of sperm. Furthermore, it can ease anxiety and relieve exhaustion mentally as well as relax both the nerves and muscles.
How to use:
- Take 1-quarter of dried leaves into some boiling water. After 10 minutes, have it strained and put in some honey. Consume 3 times per day for couples of month.
- Take damiana supplementary pills after consulting the doctor.
11. Brown Rice
As an infertility treatment which is rich of complex carbohydrates, it can promote ovulation regularly and together with folic acid, it can even assist in production of blood and help newborn babies avoid defection of neural tube. You can consume brown rice for around 3 times per week as part of the daily diet.
The mineral zinc which is essential for people who are on infertility treatment can be found plenty from oysters. For men, it can help boost up testosterone as well as the level of semen significantly. Deficiency of zinc can make menstrual cycle to be interrupted and lower the quality and the quantity of sperm in male. Moreover, lack of zinc can make women more prone to miscarriage during first stage of pregnancy.
13. Green Tea
You need to keep out of other teas but not green tea as it is an extremely effective infertility treatment due to its richness of antioxidant which can reduce the damage of free radicals to sperm cells.
Furthermore, the epigallocatechin gallate or EGCG from green tea can significantly strengthen sperm quality and motility. However, you need to keep watch on the dosage of EGCG as excessive dosage might bring opposite impacts.
You can consume 1 to 2 glasses of green tea per day in order to improve fertility chance as well as your health.
You can consider practice the following poses like Yogic Sleep, Legs-up-the-Wall Pose, Butterfly Pose, Head-to-Knee Pose, Standing Forward Bend, Seated Forward Bend, Bee Breath and Alternate Nostril Breathing.
You will need training from professional yoga practitioners in order to practice the correct way and experience the benefits.
15. Well-Balanced Diet
It is the most important of the whole infertility treatment because healthy diet can help you avoid diseases and health problems which might incur infertility as well as improve the possibility of pregnancy.
- Consume more protein-packed foods such as peas, beans and spinach.
- Consume more low-glycemic-index carbohydrates such as whole-wheat bread and brown rice.
- Consume more iron-rich foods such as leafy greens, beetroot, beans, raisins, apricots, prunes and leaned meats.
- Consume more eggs in order to supply sufficient vitamin D.
- Consume more antioxidant-rich vegetables and fruits.
- Consume more healthy fats like omega 3 fatty acids, polyunsaturated and monounsaturated from seeds, nuts, avocado and fish.
- Keep out of spicy foods, fried foods, refined cereal, white flour, white sugar, coffee and tea as well as seafood that are rich of mercury.
- Quit smoking as soon as possible and keep out of second-handed smoke.
- Keep watch of the temperature of basal body in order to identify ovulating time and act accordingly. You can consider using ovulation calendar to monitor cycle of ovulation and identify the most fertile days for conception.
- Perform intercourse every day as well as the days within the fertile period to improve pregnancy possibility.
- Ease stress through breathing techniques, meditation…
- Keep consuming water in room temperature in order to promote healthy reproductive organs.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!