What is Hair Loss?
Hair loss, also known as alopecia or baldness, is a popular problem nowadays. It is estimated that a considerable number of people are suffering from this syndrome, which is sign of a worsening health, and hair loss leads to the decrease of self-esteem .
However, after great efforts over a long period of time, the causes of this problem were figured out and so was the idea of how to stop hair loss.
What causes Hair Loss?
According to experts, our scalp has more than 100,000 strands of hair and it is quite normal if we lose 50-100 every day. But if you realize that the amount of falling hair exceeds the limit, it is likely that your health and your skin are functioning with faults .
Here are some causes that lead to hair loss.
- Genetics: this is the most common cause of hair loss. If it runs in your family members, there is a high probability you will suffer from it at certain age .
- Hormonal changes and imbalances: happen especially for pregnant and post-childbirth women.
- Medical conditions: they are the factors relating to hair problems, scalp infections, skin disorders.
- Pressure: it is also easy to lose hair if you are under too much pressure. Moreover, being stressed also affects your skin and your health.
This problem can be solved easily without spending a lot of money on medical products. Instead, there is readily available hair loss prevention to deal with this problem.
Here are the top 15 home remedies for hair loss that can make you surprised with their amazing effects on how to stop the condition of hair damages.
Onion is great source of sulfur that helps improve the blood circulation to the scalp and the production of collagen tissues necessary for hair growing. Sulfur in onion can also prevent the growth of fungi and bacteria on scalp. This makes onion a perfect home remedy for hair loss.
There are some ways to take advantages of onion for hair loss prevention:
- Apply onion juice on your scalp and leave it for 15 minutes. Wash it off with a milk shampoo and let your hair dry naturally. Repeat it twice a week to have the best result.
- Massage your scalp with the mixture including ¼ cup of onion juice and one tablespoon of honey in 15 minutes daily. Or you can consume it orally every day.
- If the smell of onion annoys you, you can chop an onion and soak it in a glass of rum overnight. In the next morning, remove the onion and use the concoction to massage your scalp or rinse hair after washing hair.
2. Coconut Oil
There is a fact that coconut oil can help to grow hair thanks to its ingredients. Coconut oil contains lauric acid and fatty acid helping to protect both the roots and strands of hair from breakage. That is the reason why people say that coconut oil functions as the shield for hair protein. Besides, this natural hair loss prevention can also help improve blood circulation and provide nutrients. Therefore, you should always include this oil into the list of home remedies for hair loss .
- Massage your scalp with a bit of warm coconut oil from your hair root to tip and wash it after an hour.
- Applying a mask including coconut milk, avocado pulp, olive oil and a little honey to your scalp. Leave it in 30 minutes before washing it off.
- Use the warm coconut milk to shampoo your hair.
Science has proved that eggs contain a lot of protein, which makes up 70 percent of the hair. In addition, eggs also contain a variety of useful nutrients such as biotin, vitamin B that are favorable for hair. As a result, they become one of the best home remedies for hair loss .
- The easiest way to use egg for growing hair is eating one egg daily.
- Create a solution including egg white, yolk and 1 tbsp of olive oil. After washing, dry your hair with a towel, leaving the scalp moist. Apply the mixture to every section of the hair, concentrate on the roots if you have split ends. Wash it out of your hair with water.
- Apply a mask of egg whites to your hair; leave it in 20 minutes before washing with water. Read more: Home Remedies For Dry Hair.
This ingredient is known as the “Wonder Drug” because of its variety of medicinal properties such as copper, sulfur, calcium, zinc and vitamin A that help in aiding growth of hair follicles and eliminate harmful substances from scalp. Accordingly, garlic has become a great companion in treatments of hair loss .
- The easiest way to take advantage of garlic is to add it into your shampoo or conditioner.
- Boil the mixture including few cloves of garlic and coconut oil in few minutes. Wait until it is cooler and massage it in your scalp then wash your hair by water. Repeat it twice a week for the best result.
- Put some cloves of garlic into a bottle of olive oil for a week then apply the solution to your hair and scalp at night before going to bed. Wash your hair in the next morning.
Note: Do not repeat this treatment more than two times a month, otherwise it can cause aridness of hair and scalp. You can learn more about how to stop hair loss by reading more at How to Grow Hair Faster.
This fruit has many benefits, especially for growing hair because it is enriched with vitamins B and E. Conditioners and hair masks made from avocado are the best hair loss prevention .
Avocado can also help you improve damaged hair, as you can read more at Home Remedies for Damaged Hair.
- Create a mixture including one chopped avocado, one egg yolk and water. Apply it to damp hair and massage gently. Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash it with warm water.
- Make the combination of one mashed avocado, as well as banana and one tbsp of olive oil. Massage the mixture on your scalp and leave it in 30 minutes before rinsing it out.
Almond oil contains rich vitamins D, E and minerals such as calcium and magnesium that help stop excess hair loss, no matter what causes the condition. This helps the nuts present in the list of home remedies for hair loss .
- Warm the almond oild up for a few minutes and then rub it over your scalp gently.
- Leave it for some hours before washing it with mild shampoo.
7. Olive Oil
Olive oil is very useful in hair loss prevention because of its vitamin E and mono unsaturated fatty acids. In addition, the oil contains antioxidants that can keep the skin of scalp in better shape .
- All you need to do is mix warm olive oil with coconut or sweet almond. You can only use the olive oil but make sure that it is warm enough.
- Use the mixture to massage your scalp gently. Leave it for about 30 minutes before rinsing and shampooing as usual.
8. Aloe Vera
Vera is one of the most popular home remedies for hair loss because it contains many valuable ingredients like mucopolysaccharides that can benefit dried scalp and improve circulation. It is also proven to have high moisturizing quality which helps make hair thicker and restore the pH balance of scalp .
Vera is also used as a Home Remedy for Oily Skin.
- Consume one tbsp of aloe vera juice daily when you are hungry to have better healthy hair as well as overall health.
- Create an aloe vera shampoo by mixing aloe vera gel with germ oil and coconut milk.
- Rub the aloe vera gel onto your scalp. Leave it for 30 minutes before washing it out of your hair with warm water.
9. Green Tea
Green tea is very popular in hair loss prevention. It contains a large amount of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that prevent baldness and even grow hair effectively . Green tea can be used to treat Dandruff as well.
- The easiest way is drinking at least a cup of green tea daily.
- Green tea can be used to rinse hair. All the things you need to do is to brew 2 bags of green tea into a cup of water then let it cool before applying it on your hair. Wash it off after 1 hour.
10. Licorice Root
This kind of herb includes mollifying properties that help open the pores, soothe the scalp and help eliminate irritations such as dry flake. With the help of licorice root, how to stop hair loss seems to be very simple.
- Make a mixture including one tablespoon of ground licorice root and ¼ tablespoon of saffron.
- Apply it on your scalp before bedtime and leave it overnight.
- In the morning, wash your hair with water.
- Repeat this method twice a week to see result.
Beetroot is a useful ingredient for hair loss prevention since it contains essential nutrients for hair such as carbohydrates, protein, calcium, vitamins B and C .
- Adding a glass of beetroot juice to your diet will keep your hair healthy.
- Create a fine paste made from boiled beetroot leaves and henna. Apply the paste to your scalp and wash it out after 20 minutes.
Potatoes are enriched with beta – carotene and other vitamins and minerals which are good for your hair, especially for how to stop hair loss. By using potato water, you can have thicker hair and healthy scalp .
- Boil potatoes and then give it time to get cooler.
- Apply the warm water to your hair after shampooing.
- Use this liquid as a hair rinse daily.
13. Grape Seed Oil
Like olive and coconut oil, grape seed oil is seen as an effective natural hair moisturizer and conditioner. More important, it contains antioxidants that help block the production of DHT, a hormone causing hair loss. Therefore, it is considered as one of the best home remedies for hair loss.
Using grape seed oil regularly will make your hair stronger, healthier and more attractive.
You should mix a few teaspoon of grape seed oil with some drops of jojoba oil and rub the mixture into your scalp.
Carrot oil is a great source of vitamins A, C, D, E, K, B1 and B6. Carrot is also well known for rich biotin, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and so on. These valuable substances work well together to make a powerful hair loss prevention .
You can use carrot in juice form for it seems to bring the best result. Drinking a glass of carrot every morning is not only a good way to keep your hair healthy and prevent falling hair but also start a new day. Besides, you can consume carrot as a fruit or cook it if you want.
Beans are used popularly for hair loss prevention because they contain lots of iron. They are also good Home Remedy for Hair Growth since their great low calorie source of protein, vitamins B, C, zinc.
- Add beans to your meal every day cannot only have a better orally health but also help to prevent falling hair.
- You can change the dried bean into powder and use it with soil water.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!