What is Gynecomastia?
It is the term used to describe a condition which affects men. Men who have this condition will experience swelling breast tissues that make the breast look fuller, thus create embarrassment. This condition occurs due to irregular hormone levels that took place during puberty  .
What are the symptoms of Gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia can affect single or both breasts and it might develop unevenly. The most common symptoms of gynecomastia are often breast tenderness as well as swollen glandular tissue of breast  .
In case there are swelling, pain and discharge from nipples, you to seek out professional medical attention immediately .
What causes Gynecomastia?
The cause of gynecomastia is identified as the alternation in levels of hormones such as estrogens and androgens .
The factors which can trigger the condition can come from age, puberty, lack of testosterone, hypogonadism, hyperthyroidism, radiation treatment and chemotherapy, chronic diseases related to liver or kidney failure, long exposure to pollution, consumption of alcohol, marijuana excessively, malnutrition as well as some particular medications. Additionally, overweight sometimes can make you incur this condition .
Normally, this condition is not serious at all; however, men find it hard to adapt and turn to options such as surgery. Nevertheless, this condition can be brought down with the help of natural remedies .
Here are the top 15 most effective home remedies for gynecomastia which are easy for you guys to follow at home in order to get rid of man boobs as well as restore your confidence in appearance.
The number one tip on the list of home remedies for gynecomastia is none other turmeric. It is excellent at improving the level of testosterone which will decrease the breast size for men. Moreover, turmeric can efficiently promote the health of liver as well as help you lose excessive fat .
How to use:
- Take 1 to 2 teaspoons of turmeric into some warm water. Consume 2 to 3 times per day, especially before bedtime. Perform every day for couples of week.
- Another way is taking turmeric supplementary pills after consulting the doctor.
Note: In case you are having problems related to stomach such as GERD, avoid using turmeric as it might worsen the problem. Furthermore, it might have negative effects on problems of gallbladder or interfere with medication for blood thinning.
Turmeric not only helps men solve the problem of man boobs but also assist in treating some of men’s problems related to sexual health such as chlamydia. For more information about this condition and how turmeric can help deal with it, please read: Home Remedies for Chlamydia.
2. Fish Oil
The omega-3 fatty acids are exactly what men need for the treatment of gynecomastia. The ability to stimulate testosterone production is what keeps fish oil on the top of the list of home remedies for gynecomastia. Moreover, those fatty acids can help you control estrogen which is one of the main causes for abnormal growth of breast at men   .
How to use:
- Take fish oil or omega-3 supplementary pills after consulting the doctor for appropriate dosage.
- Consume fish live in cold water such as mackerel, tuna and salmon that are abundant of omega-3 fatty acids.
For more information about the benefits and applications of fish oil for skin conditions, please read: Home Remedies for Eczema.
3. Cold Compress
Gynecomastia often brings symptoms such as tender breast as well as pain occasionally. In case you are having tender breast, cold compress from the list of home remedies for gynecomastia can be the perfect cure for you. Coldness can help contract the tissues, thus alleviate pain and swelling.
How to use:
- Take some ice cubes and wrap in a towel.
- Apply onto the breast for 1 minute on each side.
- Perform again if needed.
Note: Avoid apply ice directly onto skin as it might cause frostbite.
Cold compress can be remarkably effective at temporarily treating some problems regarding swelling or inflammation or bruises such as hickeys. You can find out more about it at: How to Get Rid of Hickeys.
4. Passion Flower
This potent herb is something that you might not be familiar with in the first place. However, its testosterone-boosting property which comes from a compound names chrysin is incredibly effective at preventing the body from losing testosterone. Therefore, it is no surprise that passion flower can earn a spot in the list of home remedies for gynecomastia.
How to use:
- Take a teaspoon of gynecomastia into some hot water for about 10 minutes. After straining, consume for couples of time per day.
- Another way is taking supplementary pills after consulting the doctor.
Zinc-based foods are extremely essential for the treatment of gynecomastia, especially for people who are suffering due to lack of testosterone .
How to use:
- Consume more foods which are rich of zinc such as oysters, lobster, cashews, raisins, chickpeas, yogurt and fortified cereals.
- Another way is taking zinc supplementary pills after consulting the doctor.
6. Milk Thistle
In case you are having gynecomastia due to diseases related to liver, then milk thistle is the tip you should consider from the list of home remedies for gynecomastia. It contains active constituent silymarin which is excellent at promote the function of liver.
How to use:
- Take a teaspoon of milk thistle seeds and crush. Put in some water and boil. After steeping for 20 minutes, have it strained and add in some honey. Consume twice per day for couples of week.
- Another way is taking milk thistle supplementary pills after consulting the doctor.
The most recommended seeds from the list of home remedies for gynecomastia should be belonged to flaxseed. It contains a high concentration of lignans which can keep the activities of estrogen balance with its antiestrogenic property. Moreover, flaxseed can help you detoxify your body efficiently  .
How to use:
- Take a tablespoon of flaxseed into some hot water and drink every day until there are distinct improvements.
- Another way is consuming 1 to 2 tablespoons of flaxseed oil every day for couples of week.
- Also you can add some grounded flaxseed into baked goods like muffins and breads as well as smoothies.
Note: Remember to consult the doctor before applying this tip as it might contradict with other hormone medications.
It is undeniable that exercise is extremely required in the treatment of gynecomastia. It can significantly help you keep the hormone levels balance. Moreover, exercise can support you in building up torso and chest muscles  .
How to do:
- Practice cardiovascular, elliptical, weight lifting exercises more in your routine.
- Swimming with breast stroke style can efficiently decrease excessive fat.
- Walking and jogging can assist you in burning huge body fat and calories.
Another one in the herbal section from the list of home remedies for gynecomastia is dandelion. Its strong diuretic effect is effective at getting rid of excessive water, estrogen as well as harmful toxins in your body. Furthermore, it can breakdown carbohydrates which will prevent fat from building up in the body .
How to use:
- Take a teaspoon of dried dandelion into some hot water and steep for about 10 minutes. After straining, consume 2 to 3 times per day in couples of week.
- Another way is taking dandelion tincture and supplementary pills after consulting the doctor.
10. Epsom Salt
It would be a waste of time if you did not use Epsom salt from the list of home remedies for gynecomastia. It can help you eliminate the excessive water from your body. Its magnesium sulfate can detoxify your body and keep your hormone levels balance.
How to use:
- Take 2 cups of Epsom salt into a warm bath.
- Dissolve the salt and soak yourself for at least 15 minutes.
- Perform 3 times per week.
Note: People with problems related to heart and high blood pressure should avoid this tip.
Ginger can effectively improve your metabolism as well as breakdown the fat tissues. Therefore, it deserves a place in the list of home remedies for gynecomastia. You can take some fresh grated ginger into boiling water and steep for couples of minute. After straining, consume warmly every day for about 3 – 6 months.
12. Tribulus Terrestris
This herb in particular does not promote the testosterone’s production but rather improve the luteinizing hormone which stimulates the androgen synthesis for male. Therefore, you can consider combine this herb with others from the list of home remedies for gynecomastia.
You can take either the seeds or roots to make the tea.
13. Red Clover
This herb is considerably powerful in the list of home remedies for gynecomastia as it can effectively decrease estrogen level in the body. It contains an isoflavone called genistein which is potent at controlling estrogen. You can consume this herb by making tea.
Unlike red clover, cordyceps is efficient at raising the level of testosterone which is equally beneficial for the treatment of gynecomastia. Similar to red clover, you can consume this herb by preparing some tea. You just need to take some dried cordyceps into hot boiling water and simmer for at least 2 hours to avoid the harsh bitterness  .
The last herb as well as the last tip on the list of home remedies for gynecomastia is sarsaparilla. It contains sterol; therefore, this herb can help you build up your muscles and is often preferred by bodybuilders or athletes. It can improve the strength of pectoral muscles and bring it to good shape.
You just need to take a teaspoon of chopped root into some hot water and steep for about 10 minutes. After straining, consume warmly.
- Keep out of drugs for bodybuilding as well as recreation such as marijuana.
- Restrain the consumption of alcohol as it might worsen the problem.
- Keep out of tobacco products and smoking.
- Avoid exposing yourself to pollutants such as lead as it might make you vulnerable to breast feminization risk.
- Consume more organic foods and products in order to keep out of toxic chemicals.
- Keep out of lavender and tea tree oil as well as their products as they are eudocrine disruptors which can mimic estrogen activities.
- Consume sufficiently water during the day to keep cells functioning properly.
- Maintain healthy and sufficient body weight.
Tags: home remedies for gynecomastia, how to get rid of gynecomastia, treatment of gynecomastia, gynecomastia treatment, remedy for gynecomastia.
*Disclaim: The effectiveness from applying these natural tips will be depended on the body condition of the applicant.