Table of Contents
In this article, we would like to introduce to you about the problems of gas in babies as well as the top 15 treatments which we strongly recommend for curing this problem.
What is Gas Pain in Babies?
Gas is a fairly common issue for babies and usually not a matter of concern. However, when gas cannot be passed smoothly, it might bring pain as well as others symptoms which the parents would always want to decrease as soon as possible .
What causes Gas Pain in Babies?
There are some common reasons which can cause the problem of gas pain in babies such as lactose intolerance, antibiotic medications, consume foods which increase flatulence, unable to chew foods carefully, insufficient intake of water or even having large amount of air swallowed when the babies are drinking or eating .
Also the cause can come from the undergrowth digestive tract and having some rapid transfer of food in the digestive tract which results in inadequate time for absorbing, thus create gas for the babies .
What are the symptoms of Gas Pain in Babies?
The most obvious sign which indicate when the babies are having gas pain is their sharper cry which is more intense as well as frantic rather than their normal cry. Furthermore, they will get more annoyed than normal while drawing their legs up to the belly, refuse to eat, trouble with sleeping and also unable to have smooth and easy bowel movement. Additionally, you might notice more burping and flatulence than normal  .
Here are the top 15 most effective home remedies for gas pain in babies which are easy for you to apply at home in order to get rid of gas pain for your toddlers as well as improve their digestive system.
The first ingredient and most recommended tip from the list of home remedies for gas pain in babies is the exotic asafetida. It contains the amazing anti-flatulent and the antispasmodic properties which can support the digestion effectively .
How to use:
- Take some powder of asafetida into some warm water and dissolve. Use this solution to apply onto the area surrounding the navel of the child in clockwise direction. Perform again if needed.
- Also you can take some asafetida powder into some mashed banana and feed your baby couples of time per day.
- In case you are doing breastfeed, you can take ½ teaspoon of the powder into some warm water and consume twice every day.
This tip is the one from the list of home remedies for gas pain in babies that you should definitely follow because it is simple yet extremely effective. Have your child engaged in some moderate physical activities will encourage smooth digestion as active babies tend to have less problems related to gas such as pain in the stomach as well as constipation   .
How to do:
- Have your child exercised by doing some cycling motion gently in between the feedings. This exercise will trigger pressure to the stomach which can help push the gas out.
- Also stimulate your babies to perform some moderate exercises such as jogging, walking, dancing or running.
- It is suggested that there should better be a break of 1 hour between the exercises and the feedings. Also avoid letting your babies lie down right away after having meals.
This tip has been proven to be one of the most effective home remedies for gas pain in babies. Massage will help the babies release the gas from the intestine.
How to do:
- Take some warm mustard or olive oil into your hands.
- Have the tummy of the baby massaged gently in clockwise motion for about 3 minutes.
- Then have the back massaged for about 2 minutes in order to support the release of gas as well as stimulate sleeping.
- Perform couples of time per day.
4. Warm Compress
This simple method from the list of home remedies for gas pain in babies can provide significant support for the treatment. The warmness will assist in eliminating gas as well as help the baby relax .
How to do:
- Take a towel to soak into hot water and have it squeeze to get rid of excessive water.
- Have the towel placed on the tummy of the child.
- Have it replaced by a new warm one after the old one cools down.
- Perform for 3 to 4 times per day.
Note: Do not use heating pad or hot water bottle for the babies.
This ingredient from the list of home remedies for gas pain in babies is considered highly beneficial for treating problems related to digestion. The antispasmodic and carminative properties from fennel are capable of dissipating trapped gas, thus easing the pain. Furthermore, it can even prevent the formation of gas .
How to use:
- Take 1 ½ teaspoons of fennel seeds into some boiling water for about 10 minutes. Allow it to cool down and feed the baby in small portions for 2 to 3 times during the day. Also women who are breastfeeding can consume this decoction.
- In case you kid is able to chew on the seeds, take ½ teaspoon of roasted seeds for the child to chew couples of time per day.
This herb contains chemicals which can support the removal of intestinal gas. Furthermore, it can help you ease the muscles of the digestive tract, thus promote the digestion as well as avoid formation of gas. That is the reason why this great herb is included in the list of home remedies for gas pain in babies   .
How to use:
- Take ½ teaspoon of its dried flowers into some hot water and have it steeped for about 10 minutes.
- Then have it strained, put in some honey and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Feed your kid 1 – 2 teaspoons of this tea for couples of time per day.
Also women who are breastfeeding can consume chamomile tea for 2 – 3 times per day.
7. Cumin Seed
The capability of cumin seeds in promoting digestion as well as help the babies avoid gas formation is the reason why it is able to make the list of home remedies for gas pain in babies .
How to use:
- Take ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds into some boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- Let it cool down and then feed your kid a tablespoon of this liquid for couples of time per day.
Even though this tip is simple, it can bring significantly effectiveness for the treatment of gas pain in babies. By increase the intake of fluid, it will support the smooth function of the digestive tract. Moreover, it will help you eliminate gas and avoid constipation.
How to do:
- Have your kid consumes sufficient water during the day. For better effect, have them consume warm water as it will support digestion much better.
- Besides water, you can have your child consume fresh juice from fruits, cold milk and clear soup.
- Also you might have them take some flavored water but only after consulting the doctor.
- Keep out of fizzy drinks such as soda as they might make the baby’s condition worse.
9. Fiber-Rich Food
In order to help your child avoid developing gas, you can have some fiber-rich foods included in the daily diet of your child. Fiber is an essential component in the list of home remedies for gas pain in babies because it is capable of supporting the digestion process efficiently through stimulating faster movement of foods in the intestines, thus help the babies avoid constipation  .
How to use:
- Have your child consumed more foods which are rich in fiber such as whole grains, bran, oranges, berries, squash and celery.
- Restrain the intake of processed and refined foods for your child.
- Also women who are breastfeeding can consume more foods which are abundant of fiber in their daily diet as well.
10. Eliminate the Triggers
There are some particular foods which increase the vulnerability of your child to gas as well as stomach pain.
- Foods which can form gas are cauliflower, kale, cabbage, broccoli, peas, beans, onions, prunes, peaches and pears.
- Also keep out of foods which are high in sugar as well as fat.
- In case dairy products trigger gas, have your child avoided them for 1 – 2 days.
- Keep your child out of carbonated drinks and soda.
- Also women who are breastfeeding must not consume spicy and hot foods.
11. Apple Cider Vinegar
It would be a huge flaw if you miss out apple cider vinegar on the list of home remedies for gas pain in babies. It is excellent at eliminating problems related to digestion as well as soothing the pain from the excessive gas inside the stomach. You can have your child take some apple cider vinegar diluted with warm water  .
Learn more about benefits apple cider vinegar can bring to us at Home Remedies for Oral Thrush.
The healing property from garlic is significantly potent in the relieving the problems of gas. Consuming garlic will promote the digestion process which will effectively ease the pain. Some common forms of garlic which you can use are garlic soup and garlic tea. Those methods can help your kid avoid easily the burning sensation because of gas.
The reason why buttermilk can appear in the list of home remedies for gas pain in babies is because it can enhance efficiently the digestion process in the body. Together with carom seeds and black salt, this combination can effectively treat gas pain for babies. You just need to have your child consume some black salt together with carom seeds and some buttermilk after having meals. It will remarkably support the digestion and help your child avoid gas formation  .
14. Lemon and Baking Soda
This combination from the list of home remedies for gas pain in babies is considered the best antacid in the treatment of gas pain. You just need to dissolve some baking soda into lemon juice and have your child consume some of this solution. It will instantly relieve the gas as well as treat other issues related to this problem. Perform again if needed .
The last tip in the list of home remedies for gas pain in babies is ginger. It will help your kid release the gas inside the stomach as well as relieve the intensive pain. You can mix some fennel with cardamom and ginger and then put in some water. Also you might consider adding asafetida to this combination. You can have your kid consume this solution for twice per day and perform again if the problem reoccurs  .
- Avoid over-feeding the babies.
- In case of breastfeed, have your child burped often.
- In case the baby incurs gas pain after consuming some products from milk, you need to consult the doctor regarding lactose intolerance.
- Women who are breastfeeding should take better attention regarding the diet and keep out of foods which can form gas.
- Decrease the air amount which the babies might swallow by having them ate slowly.
- Discipline your child to chew food carefully before swallowing.
- Make your child lay down on the left side in order to soothe the pain from gas.
- Keep out of solid foods for couples of hour. Have your child consumed some bland and mild foods such as crackers, applesauce or rice.
- Avoid letting your kid to such hard candies, chew gum or drink with a straw in case your kid is considered vulnerable to pain from gas.
- Gradually include probiotics yogurt into the daily diet of your child in order to promote digestion and avoid gas.
- Have your child consume foods which are rich of enzyme such as pineapple, papaya or grapefruit for better digestion.
- Must not have your child took any medication without consulting the doctor first.
Tags: home remedies for gas pain in babies, how to get rid of gas pain in babies, treatment of gas pain in babies, gas pain in babies treatment, remedy for gas pain in babies.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!