Table of Contents
What are Gallstones?
To get rid of gallstones, surgery is the most popular option, recommended by many doctors. However, not everyone is capable of experiencing the surgery due to financial problems. In addition, many people are afraid of side effects of gallstones. In fact, there are various home remedies for gallstones which use only natural foods. Applying these remedies in the treatment of gallstones will help the sufferers recovering quickly without worrying about negative impacts on their health .
Here are 15 most natural home remedies for gallstones which you can easily apply at home in order to prevent and get rid of this common but troublesome problem…
1. Pear Juice
Pear contains a high amount of Pears – Home Remedies for Gallstones which is widely known to have positive impacts on the elimination of gallstones. One of the main catalysts for the appearance of gallstones inside the body is the increasing level of hardened cholesterol, which can be stopped by pectin. Besides, pear is very useful for our well-beings .
- Choose a fresh pear and cut off its skin.
- Squeeze it to make the juice.
- Add more hot water into the pear juice.
- Honey can be added as a supplement of nutrition.
- Drink this a few times per day to get rid of gallstones quickly.
For more information about the benefits of pear and pear juice, please read: Home Remedies for Diverticulitis.
Dandelion has been used to make medicine for ages. Its nutrients can strengthen the activities of the liver and as a result, the treatment of gallstones is improved. You can choose to digest it raw by adding some tender dandelion greens to the daily meals. If it is not your favorite way to use dandelion, there are some other ways .
- Mix dandelion leaves and boiling water in a bowl.
- Steep the mixture in 5 minutes.
- Honey can be added to improve the flavor.
- You should consume this mixture 2-3 times daily as one of the best home remedies for gallstones.
3. Lemon Juice
Lemon is rich in vitamins and essential nutrients that are very beneficial to the immune system and the metabolism. It can help eliminating the pains caused by gallstones and reducing the amount of cholesterol inside the body.
- Select a fresh lemon and squeeze it to make the juice.
- Mix the juice and 2-3 spoons of olive oil.
- Garlic can be used as well to maximize the benefits of this mixture.
- Consume the mixture daily.
4. Apple Juice
Being considered as one of the most effective ways to get rid of gallstones, apple is very helpful in the treatment of gallstones.
- Choose a fresh apple.
- Squeeze it to make the juice.
- Add some honey into the juice to increase the amount of nutrients.
- Drink this mixture several times per day until you notice improvements.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
If you want to maximize the positive impacts of apple juice, you can use apple cider vinegar as well. Some drops of apple cider vinegar and apple juice should be mixed together and consumed 2-3 times everyday until the pains do not disturb your life any more. Apple cider vinegar might also reduce the acidity in your stomach.
6. Milk Thistle
Since 2,000 years ago, the importance of milk thistle as an herbal remedy has been recognized. With essential nutrients and unique properties, milk thistle can be used to deal with health problems, related to liver or kidney. That’s why many experts consider milk thistle as one of the best home remedies for gallstones. It improves the strength of the liver and also limits the rise of cholesterol. As a result, gallstones can be wiped away .
- Take a spoon of milk thistle that needs to be squeezed.
- Then, mix it with warm water in a cup.
- The mixture should be boiled and then, steeped in 15-20 minutes.
- Strain the mixture. You can freely add honey to increase the nutrition or make it more favorable.
- Drink the tea several times a day. After a week, you’ll be able to get rid of gallstones.
If you are interested in drinking wine every day, this remedy may be one of the best home remedies for gallstones every. However, you should always bear in mind that only an appropriate amount of wine intake has a positive impact on the treatment of gallstones. If you take in excessive amount, it may lead to serious health problems. According to a research, the number of gallstone attacks experiences a considerable decrease in people who drink half of a cup of wine every day .
To stop the growth of gallstones, the body needs a substance called “bile”. And in order to encourage bile to grow faster, peppermint has been used for ages. This remedy has helped millions of people getting rid of gallstones and irritating symptoms, such as headache. It can prevent gallbladder attack if you do not get gallstones yet. In case you already suffer from its pains, peppermint can help easing the pains and improving the healing process .
- Both fresh and dried peppermint leaves can be used.
- First of all, squeeze the leaves.
- Then, place them into a cup of boiling water.
- Reduce the heat and steep the mixture in 4-5 minutes.
- The tea should be strained and mixed with honey if possible.
- You should drink it a few times each day.
9. Castor Oil
The number of gallstones needs to be reduced significantly during the treatment of gallstones. And castor oil can meet this need. With many applications in the world of medicine, castor oil can relieve the painful feelings of sufferers and fight against the inflammation .
- Put a moderate amount (approximately 1 cup) of castor oil over the low heat to make it warm.
- Use a clean towel to soak in the oil. The excessive oil should be squeezed.
- The aching parts of your body should be covered with the towel.
- Then, a hot water bag can be placed over the towel for an hour.
- This method should be followed several times a week.
- Take a spoon of turmeric.
- Mix it with a spoonful of raw honey.
- Drink the mixture 2-3 times daily until you do not feel painful in your stomach any more.
Rosemary is one of the most popular herbs used to improve the function of organs, like the liver or the kidney. Therefore, whenever people face problems related to the liver, they often rely on rosemary. Gallstones are not an exception. The use of rosemary in the treatment of gallstones can nurture the amount of bile in the body and halt the growth of hardened cholesterol.
To use rosemary to get rid of gallstones, you can squeeze it to make the juice which should be drunk 1-2 times a day.
12. Red Bell Peppers
Red bell pepper has many vitamins and nutrients that play a crucial role in people’s health. The U.S government suggests that 15-years-old-and-over people should use at least 60 mg of red bell peppers on a daily basis to prevent diseases. In addition, vitamin C which is presented in red bell peppers can improve the flow of blood. You should add more red bell peppers to your daily menu.
Soluble fiber is very important in the treatment of gallstones, as it accelerates the eradication of cholesterol. You should consume more cereals that have an abundance of fibers to get rid of gallstones in a short time .
14. Heat Packs
If the stomach pain is unbearable to you, there are some ways to help you stopping it immediately. All you need to do is to put a heat pack over the aching parts and the painful effects of gallstones will be gone.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!