- What is Food Allergies?
- What are the symptoms of Food Allergies?
- What cause Food Allergies?
- 1. Avoid Food Allergens
- 2. Banana
- 3. Probiotic Food
- 4. Ginger
- 5. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 6. Garlic
- 7. Lemon
- 8. Green Tea
- 9. Stinging Nettle
- 10. Castor Oil
- 11. Carrot Juice and Cucumber Juice
- 12. Lime
- 13. Food Rich in Vitamin C
- 14. Yoga
- 15. Acupuncture
What is Food Allergies?
It is reported that food allergies are recorded on 4 – 6% of children and around 4% of adults each year.
If you are having food allergy, it means the immune system has somehow mistakenly recognized some particular foods as harmful substances for the body .
As the threat is perceived, the body will then release out the antibodies in order to neutralize those harmful foreign substances. That is when numerous allergic symptoms will appear .
What are the symptoms of Food Allergies?
The severity can vary from mild to extreme and the reactions might involve many organs and systems such as respiratory tract, cardiovascular system, gastrointestinal tract and the skin .
- Skin rashes and hives
- Sneezing and itching
- Nausea, vomiting
- Abdominal pain or gastrointestinal discomforts
- Throat swelling, breathing difficulties
- Death caused by respiratory or cardiopulmonary failures
Those symptoms might happen as quick as few minutes or as long as few hours after digesting .
What cause Food Allergies?
Adverse reaction can occur with any food; however, there are foods which can commonly trigger allergic reactions such as milk, egg, tree nut, peanut, corn, wheat, shellfish, strawberry and soy .
Food allergies do not exclude anyone. Also there are other factors which can contribute into increasing the risk of having food allergies such as young age, environmental factors, heredity and history of having allergies with foods .
Despite the fact that there is no specific cure for allergies, you still can prevent and easily treat it with various options from nature .
Here are the top 15 most recommended home remedies for food allergies that you should apply when having food allergies in order to minimize the impact of allergic reactions and prevent any severe consequences.
1. Avoid Food Allergens
First thing you should do when you catch allergies is identifying the causes of conditions and immediately remove them from your diet. This might take you back to 2-3 days before the symptoms appear. Find out the foods that were new to your diet and avoid them completely until you get recovery from allergies. You can try the foods again to know for sure if it is really the cause but take it slowly after your condition improves. In case the symptoms of allergies pop up again, you’d better refrain from that food  .
Check carefully the labels when buying any foods to make sure there is no food allergen. Also, ask for the ingredients when you are ordering in restaurant. This is one of the best home remedies for food allergies you must do before any treatments.
Bananas can also contribute to the reduction of the symptoms of food allergies by helping to ease the stomach discomforts, boost the metabolism and deal with skin rashes. Therefore, eating bananas is one of the brilliant and easiest home remedies for food allergies you can do to facilitate the recovery  .
- Eat at least 1-2 bananas a day until you see the improvement
Also, bananas are used in other treatments of various health and beauty problems, including blemishes. To find out more, please take a look at How to Get Rid of Blemishes.
3. Probiotic Food
Some symptoms of food allergies are really annoying and can cause you sick like stomachache or diarrhea. In this case, take in more probiotic foods with lactobacilli (good bacteria), especially yogurt. This kind of foods not only helps reduce allergies’ symptoms and digestive problems but also reinforce the immunity    .
- Try at least 2-3 cups of plain yogurt on daily basis. The best choice for the condition is yogurt with active culture.
- Also, you can use other probiotic foods like sauerkraut, miso, kimchi, etc.
Since ancient time, ginger has been long used in treating several digestive problems like gastrointestinal discomforts. Accordingly, it is also helpful to deal with symptoms of food allergies like nausea, vomiting, spasms, diarrhea, etc    .
- Put some slices of fresh ginger in a cup of boiling water. Let it steep for 10 minutes, strain and enjoy. Do this 2-3 times a day to quickly get rid of symptoms of food allergies.
- Alternatively, you can make use of ginger by extracting the juice from it and mix with a little of honey. Have it before every meal.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains lots of powerful properties that can help combat food allergens and reduce the symptoms. Besides, the liquid is also effective in regulating the immune response, acid and other concentration in the body. This makes it a perfect choice in the home remedies for food allergies  .
- Make a diluted mixture of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and warm water. Add into it 1 teaspoon of honey and some drops of lemon juice.
- Mix well and drink this 2-3 times a day until you see improvement
Do not waste any drop of apple cider vinegar since it can be used in various treatments for health like Home Remedies for Oral Thrush.
The most valuable substance in garlic that makes it one of the best home remedies for food allergies is quercetin. Besides, other qualities in garlic like antibiotic, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties also effectively assist the fight against allergies    .
- Eat 2-3 raw garlic cloves a day to quickly reduce the symptoms
- If you cannot take the taste of raw garlic, add it into other dishes or take garlic supplement after consulting your doctor
By boosting immune system, lemon is able to treat the symptoms of food allergies. Furthermore, it can also help remove all toxins and waste out of body so that your condition will quickly improve  .
- Squeeze the juice from a lemon and add it into a cup of water
- Add into it a tablespoon of honey then mix well
- Have this mixture before breakfast and 2-3 times more during the day
- Keep doing this until you feel better
Learn more about other benefits you can get from lemon at Home Remedies for Acne Scars and
8. Green Tea
Another ingredient you can use in the home remedies for food allergies is green tea, which possesses an impressive amount of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Besides, there are countless benefits you can get from drinking green tea every day, including cancer prevention, strong immunity and healthy digestion     .
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of green tea into a boiling water
- Let it steep for some minutes then strain
- You can also add some honey and lemon to improve the taste
- Consume the tea 3-4 times a day until the condition improves
Green tea is also popular as a wonderful treatment for beauty problems like Home Remedies for Hair Loss.
9. Stinging Nettle
- Put some dried stinging nettle leaf into a cup of boiling water. Cover and let it steep for 5 minutes. Finally, strain and enjoy the tea. You can also add some honey to improve the taste. Drink 2-3 cups of this tea until you see improvement
- Another option is simply take nettle supplement after consulting a doctor
10. Castor Oil
Castor oil is reckoned as one of the most effective home remedies for food allergies thanks to it ability to improve digestive health, reducing gastrointestinal discomforts as well as other symptoms of the condition .
- Add ½ teaspoon of the oil into a glass of any juice you like or just pain water
- Drink this on empty stomach in the morning
- Repeat this for a few days then you will soon eliminate the symptoms
11. Carrot Juice and Cucumber Juice
The combination of carrot and cucumber becomes such a helpful treatment when it comes to home remedies for food allergies. There is a huge quantity of anti-allergenic components in these juices, making it a perfect solution for the condition.
- Get the juice from 1 carrot and 1 cucumber then mix it well
- Have it during the day and repeat until you see improvement
Working as a powerful detoxification, lime can actively flush out all food allergens that cause immune system response in the body. This is reckoned as one of the simplest but most effective home remedies for food allergies.
- Squeeze the juice from 1-2 limes and add it into a cup of water
- Add 1 tablespoon of organic honey then mix well
- Drink this mixture for 1-2 times a day in a few weeks or until your feel your condition improves
13. Food Rich in Vitamin C
Vitamin C is essential for a strong immunity and a healthy body. Besides inhibiting the development of histamine, it also restrains the buildup of toxins in the body. Whenever you need home remedies for good allergies, increasing the intake of vitamin C is advisable     .
- Add more foods rich in vitamin C into your diet like oranges, broccoli, kiwi, strawberries, grapefruit, tomatoes, etc.
- Also, you can take vitamin C supplement after consulting a doctor
Along with using food to controlling the condition from within, you should also try yoga as one of home remedies for food allergies. There are several asanas in yoga that can help you regulate the allergic response of immunity as well as ease the digestive discomforts. This should be done with a trained yoga instructor rather than you do on your own     .
Since ancient time, people have used acupuncture as an effective treatment for healing and treating numerous health problems, including food allergies. When the symptoms get worse that you cannot control yourself, find an acupuncturist. This therapy will effectively regulate the metabolic activities, ease the immune response and gradually take your body back to normal condition. Unlike using other medical treatments, acupuncture brings along no side effect that you should worry about     .
Although all of these home remedies can help you get relief from food allergies, it is advisable to see a doctor for a diagnosis and advise first whenever you catch the condition. As always, avoiding the food allergens is the best solution for prevention.
*Disclaim: The effectiveness from applying these natural tips will be depended on the body condition of the applicant.