What is Eczema?
Firstly, we need to understand that eczema is not a specific disease. It refers to a variety of medical conditions which lead to the inflammation or irritation on people’s skin. One of the most popular kinds of eczema is called atopic dermatitis .
What causes Eczema?
There is no accurate evidence showing the origin of eczema; however, those who suffer from allergies and asthma tend to deal with eczema frequently. Besides, being exposed to the harsh environment for long periods of time can lead to eczema as well. Animal dander is also blamed for the appearance of eczema in some cases. Even depression and stress may make you suffer from eczema .
Itchiness is the most common symptom in those who are infected. The emergence of rash is commonly recorded and it is likely that they appear in some particular areas, such as face, back, hands or feet. Another symptom of eczema is to make some of your skin areas become darker.
As eczema has serious consequences on our skin, almost everyone wants to get rid of it immediately. But many of us have very sensitive skin, which makes it more difficult for them to use drugs to treat eczema. Luckily, there are other methods to save them from troubles. Natural home remedies for eczema have been applied by thousands of people all around the world and they managed to get rid of eczema fast.
Here are top 15 natural home remedies for eczema to help you master how to get rid of eczema in a short period of time.
1. Epsom Salt
The inflammation on the skin can be easily treated by the use of epsom salt, thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial qualities. Epsom salt contains a large amount of magnesium sulfate that ease the pain and itchiness caused by eczema. To sump up, epsom salt is one of the simplest and best home remedies for eczema.
- Take 1-2 cups of epsom salt.
- Mix it with your warm bath water.
- You can mix some drops of natural essential oils, such as olive oil or lavender oil, as well.
- Put the skin areas affected by eczema into the mixture or sit into it in about 20 minutes.
- After that, use a soft and clean towel to wipe your body.
You can apply this method several times each week.
You may hear a lot about the application of turmeric in many remedies to help your skin become more beautiful. And it is also applied in the eczema treatment. With antioxidant properties, turmeric is believed to be one of the best herbs to get rid of eczema quickly. The presence of curcumin in turmeric that removes the painful feeling fast is another advantage to make it one of the best home remedies for eczema .
- Take one and a half spoon of turmeric into an appropriate amount of milk to have a paste.
- This paste should be applied over the skin inflamed.
You need to do this at least twice per day until the rash disappears.
Oatmeal consists of many nutrients whose qualities are strongly anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. That’s why placing oatmeal in the list of top home remedies for eczema is nothing but a reasonable decision. It even provides much moisture for your skin and eliminate the redness that may cause you to be embarrassed in many situations .
- Take some spoons of oatmeal and grind it into powder.
- Mix it with your bath water when it is warm.
- Have your body soak in the mixture in at least 10 minutes.
- A towel should be used to pat dry yourself.
To get the best results, you can apply some moisturizer after that.
4. Aloe Vera
There is nothing easier than grabbing aloe vera and applying its gel over the inflamed skin to get rid of eczema completely. Aloe vera gel is truly one of the most effective home remedies for eczema and a series of other skin problems. The skin will never be dehydrated if you use aloe vera on the skin frequently. Remember to wash your skin with warm water after several minutes of leaving aloe vera gel on it .
5. Coconut Oil
In terms of antioxidant and antibacterial qualities, it would be nearly impossible to ignore coconut oil. And this is the reason why it is considered as one of the best home remedies for eczema. Overall, coconut oil is very beneficial for the skin, as it provides diverse vitamins and essential nutrients to make the skin glower and healthier .
Coconut oil can be either applied over the skin affected by eczema, or consumed with the amount of 2-4 spoons on a daily basis. After a short time, not only can you get rid of eczema, but your immunity is also strengthened.
Another noticeable ingredient among the best natural home remedies for eczema is chamomile. Flavonoids found in chamomile are active to help you get rid of eczema and its annoying symptoms, such as rash or itchiness .
- Dried chamomile flowers need to be mixed with hot water.
- The mixture needs to be steeped for more than 15 minutes before being strained.
- When it becomes cool, use a cloth to soak into the mixture and apply the cloth over your skin in approximately 10 minutes.
With fresh and cooling qualities, cucumber is definitely one of the best solutions to inflammation and redness on the skin. Its abundance of water is a plus as well. You can find other benefits of cucumber at Cucumber – A Great Superfood.
- Prepare thin slices of cucumber in water for a few hours.
- After that, put them over the skin areas affected by eczema.
- Warm water should be used to wash those areas after several minutes.
You can repeat this method 2-3 times per day and continue the eczema treatment for 2 months.
When it comes to flaxseeds, people often think of its rich source of omega-3 fatty acids which are very good for our health. However, another little-known benefit of flaxseeds is to halt the production of arachidonic acid inside our body. This is a chemical substance to trigger inflammation on the skin. After understanding this advantage, do you still doubt that flaxseed is not one of the most effective natural home remedies for eczema ?
The best way is to include more flaxseeds in your daily diet.
9. Olive Oil
The combination of olive oil and epsom salt becomes a powerful assistance in eczema treatment, but you can use olive oil alone to get rid of eczema too. It can give the body a considerable number of omega-3 fatty acids. In addition, some drops of olive oil can make your skin lighter and smoother.
10. Apple Cider Vinegar
It is undoubted that the anti-inflammatory quality of apple cider vinegar is strong enough to help you get rid of eczema quickly. Simply use a cotton ball to soak into the vinegar and place it over the inflamed skin .
The only case you are not allowed to use apple cider vinegar is when the skin is bleeding. The strong acidity of apple cider vinegar may worsen the irritation.
Taking honey in your kitchen is the easiest way to get rid of eczema quickly. Like other home remedies for eczema, honey is also anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial. The biggest disadvantage of honey is that it should be applied on small skin areas to avoid irritation. Honey is even suitable for sensitive skin as well .
- First, wash the areas you want to apply honey on.
- When the skin is dry, put honey over it.
- A bandage can be used to cover those areas.
- After about 20 minutes, remove the bandage and use cool water to wash the skin.
12. Fish Oil
You have known the best home remedies for eczema applied on the skin, and here is one of few remedies to help you get rid of eczema from the inside. In fish oil, we can find a remarkable amount of omega-3 fatty acids and there is no need to argue about their benefits any more. You can take 2-3 spoons per day or mix it with orange juice in order to drink more easily.
You can use powdered nutmeg to get rid of eczema easily, thanks to its anti-inflammatory quality.
- Prepare powdered nutmeg and olive oil.
- Take one spoon of each and mix them properly.
- The paste needs to be rubbed over the skin in at least 15 minutes.
- Use cool water to wash the skin.
Cornstarch, when mixed with cool water, can become one of the most effective natural home remedies for eczema. You can add some drops of olive oil to lighten the skin at the same time.
- Cornstarch should be mixed with an appropriate amount of water to get a paste that is not too thick.
- The paste should be placed over the skin affected by eczema.
- 20 minutes later, use warm water to wash the skin.
In addition to speeding up the eczema treatment, sandalwood can help you prevent eczema scars effectively.
- Take one spoon of powdered sandalwood into water.
- The thick paste you get should be applied over the skin in 10 minutes, before being washed by warm water.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!