Table of Contents
In this article, we will introduce to you about top 15 treatments for the problem of pain while you are urinating as well as what its causes and symptoms are.
What is Dysuria?
It is the term used to describe the pain, discomfort and burning sensation which happen when you are urinating. They occurs at the tube (urethra) in which the urine is carries out of the bladder or the perineum which is the area around genitals. Additionally, you might feel overheated sometimes.
This condition is considered the indication of other problems and diseases and it is fairly common for both genders with the age of between 18 and 50. However, women are more vulnerable to this condition rather than men.
What cause Dysuria?
The main reason the occurrence of painful urination at women is the UTI or urinary tract infection which is caused by bacteria. For men, some particular prostate conditions as well as urethritis can be the ones that trigger this problem .
Also there are some other factors which partly contribute such as kidney stones and infection, cystitis or bladder infection, chlamydia, genital herpes, prostatitis or inflammation of prostate, some sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) as well as yeast infections at the vaginal area. Even more, factors like dehydration and poor hygiene might as well trigger this problem.
Here are the top 15 most effective home remedies for dysuria which you can easily apply from home in order to get rid of pain from urination as well as strengthen your excretory system.
1. Increase Intake of Water
The first and most recommended tip from the list of home remedies for dysuria is maintaining a sufficient intake of water. It can assist you in removing the bacteria and the toxins which can cause infection in your body.
Furthermore, it will help you avoid dehydration which can even make your condition worse. It is able to normalize the excessive heat in your body as well as encourage regular urination.
Consume sufficient water during the day. Or you can have some vegetables and fruits with water base. Other foods such as broths, soups, juices and smoothies will definitely support you in maintaining hydration.
2. Warm Compress
This is the simplest tip from the list of home remedies for dysuria which can effectively help you ease the pain. The heat is capable of minimizing the pressure on bladder as well as alleviating pain.
How to do:
- Take the warm compress and apply directly on the lower abdomen for about 5 minutes. After a while, redo the process.
- Also you might take a heating pad to apply in order to get some relief.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
The antifungal and antibacterial properties from apple cider vinegar are what make it the best ingredient in the list of home remedies for dysuria. Moreover, as an abundant source in potassium, enzymes as well as other minerals, it is able to balance the pH in your body .
How to use:
- Take a tablespoon of unfiltered raw vinegar with a teaspoon of honey into some warm water. Consume twice every day.
- Another way is take 1 – 2 cups of this vinegar into a warm bath. Have your body soaked for at least 15 minutes. Perform once every day.
4. Baking Soda
This alkaline compound is capable of decreasing the acidity from urine, thus soothe the burning sensation when you are urinating. Even better, it will help you lower the urges for urinate frequently. Also it can help you balance the pH level in your body. Therefore, it is not surprising at all to see baking soda in the list of home remedies for dysuria.
How to use:
- Take a teaspoon of baking soda into some water and dissolve.
- Consume while your stomach is still empty.
- Perform every day for 1 week.
5. Plain Yogurt
The active cultures from plain and unsweetened are significantly helpful as they are capable of preventing negative bacteria while stimulating the healthy bacteria to grow. It can support you in combating all types of infection which can trigger this condition while maintaining the balance of pH in the vagina.
How to use:
- Consume 2 – 3 cups every day. You can also try some yogurt smoothies.
- Another way is taking a tampon to dip in yogurt and then have it inserted into your vagina for about 2 hours. Perform twice every day.
Another simple yet excellent fruit from the list of home remedies for dysuria is lemon. Although, it is acidic, it contains alkalizing effect which is essential for the treatment. Moreover, the citric acid together with powerful antiviral and antibacterial properties are all important qualities which can help you avoid this problem efficiently.
How to use:
- Take a lemon and squeeze its juice into some warm water.
- Put in a teaspoon of honey and mix together.
- Consume while your stomach is still empty in the early morning.
The reason why ginger is presented in the list of home remedies for dysuria is due to its strong antiviral and antibacterial properties which can remarkably fight against infection that trigger pain in urination .
How to use:
- Take a tablespoon each of honey and ginger paste to mix together. Consume the paste once every day.
- Also you can take a tablespoon of ginger juice into either warm water or milk and consume once every day.
- Another way is consuming 1 – 2 cups of tea from ginger every day.
Its diuretic nature is the reason this vegetable has been applied in the treatment of dysuria for age. Containing 95% water, it is excellent at maintain hydration for your body while protecting you from harmful toxins. Additionally, its cooling property will assist you in normalizing the temperature of the body .
How to use:
- Take a cup of cucumber juice and put in a tablespoon each of lemon juice and honey. Have them mixed together and consume twice every day.
- Also you can consume 2 – 3 cucumbers every day.
9. Coriander Seeds
The antibacterial property of coriander seed can help you prevent infections for the urinary tract .
Furthermore, it can even cleanse the negative toxins from the excretory system as well as promote normal urination. Additionally, it is capable of controlling the excessive heat in the body which might make the condition worse.
How to use:
- Take a teaspoon of coriander seeds into some boiling water for couples of minute. Let it cool, then have it strained and consume 2 times per day.
- Also you can take a tablespoon of powder from this seed into some water. Have it covered up and keep it like that overnight. Next morning, put in some jaggery and mix them all together. Consume 1 cup for 3 times per day.
10. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seed is recommended in the list of home remedies for dysuria because it can improve the level of pH at the vagina as well as help you avoid infections. Moreover, it can control the accumulation of toxins inside your body .
How to use:
- Take ½ teaspoon of this seed’s powder into some buttermilk. Consume twice every day.
- Also you can take a teaspoon of its powder with a tablespoon of honey and consume together for 2 – 3 times per day.
- Another way is taking a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds to soak overnight. Next morning, have the water strained and put in ½ teaspoon of honey. Consume while your stomach is still empty.
The ability to alleviate burning sensation as well as pain is what enables carrot to make the list of home remedies for dysuria. You just need to consume its juice at least once per day in order to encourage urine circulation. Also you should consume in the morning for better effect.
The richness of positive bacteria from buttermilk is essential for the treatment of dysuria. The nutrients in buttermilk are effective at boosting up your immunity. Therefore, consuming buttermilk every day will significantly improve the condition of dysuria.
13. Cranberry Juice
Another effective fruit from the list of home remedies for dysuria which can help you avoid bacterial infection is cranberry. It is capable of expelling bacteria from your bladder. It is better to consume its juice with no sugar at all as adding sugar will greatly reduce its effectiveness. It is suggested to consume about 16 – 32 ounces of juice every day .
14. Coconut Water
This liquid is an absolutely brilliant ingredient in the list of home remedies for dysuria because it can promote your immunity efficiently. People who experience burning sensation and pain when urinating are recommended to consume coconut water twice every day.
15. Radish Juice
The last tip from the list of home remedies for dysuria is the exotic radish juice. It is capable of eliminating bacteria, thus relieving you from the pain of urination. You just need to consume its juice early in the morning when your stomach is still empty.
- Practice relaxation techniques in order to control stress and tension as they might aggravate the situation.
- For women, it is recommended to maintain dry and clean genital area as well as have the sanitary napkins and tampons changed frequently.
- Also women are suggested to wipe front to back after doing bowel movement.
- Do not keep wet clothes as well as swimsuits on for long.
- Do not apply douches, vaginal sprays and soaps which are irritating.
- Put on cotton underwear and do not wear tight trousers and jeans.
- Perform safe sex and cleanse before as well as after having intercourse. Also it is recommended to urinate right after intercourse in order to expel bacteria from urethra and bladder.
- Keep out of foods like carbonated drinks, spicy foods, artificial sweeteners and caffeine as they might make your condition worse.
- Consume more food which are rich in vitamin C as well as take supplement of vitamin C but only after consulting the doctor.
- Go to the toilet if needed and avoid holding urine for long period of time.
- Restrain on the consumption of alcohol and smoking.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!