Table of Contents
Coughing is a natural reaction of the body when there are foreign materials in your respiratory system. Coughing is also a part of allergic reactions or a sign of a cold or flu. There are some kinds of coughing and the severity of each is various .
Dry cough refers to a condition when you cough without phlegm or sputum. However, the pain does not disappear. In some cases, dry cough is even more painful than other kinds. Other symptoms of dry cough may involve tiredness, rash or even diarrhea .
The consequences of dry cough are far more serious than you may imagine. It may prevent you from communicating efficiently with other people. Besides, its pain itself is worth being worried. Therefore, it is better to start dry cough treatment as soon as possible although it does not lead to death.
While medical advances have succeeded in producing drugs that can cure coughing in general, they may have some side effects, such as weakening our immune system. Thus, with a not-too-serious problem like dry cough, you can be confident to use natural ingredients to get rid of it.
Below are top 15 natural home remedies for dry cough that instantly get rid of annoying symptoms you have to suffer because of dry cough.
The ability to soothe the throat of honey has been well-known for ages. This is thanks to its natural antibiotic quality. Honey, when going into the throat, will eliminate the germs quickly and reduce the irritating symptoms of dry cough. Overall, it is one of the simplest and most effective natural home remedies for dry cough .
Honey also takes part in Home Remedies for Larynghitis.
- Pour a spoon of honey into warm water.
- They should be stirred well and consumed several times per day.
Besides, you can replace water with lemon juice to maximize the benefits.
The mixture of lemon juice and honey can be a great tip on how to get rid of dry cough, but lemon itself has been used as one of the best natural home remedies for dry cough for a very long time.
- Prepare lemon juice by crushing a fresh lemon.
- Mix a spoonful of the juice with a cup of warm water.
- Consume it a few times per day.
Dry cough is painful, but some symptoms of it may be even so painful that you hardly bear them for a long time. Carrot can be used to deal with them. In fact, it is one of the most effective natural home remedies for dry cough. You ought to include more carrot in your daily meals, or make it into the juice.
- Prepare 4-5 carrots and turn them into the juice.
- Mix it with water.
- You can pour one spoon of honey to improve both the flavor and the benefits.
- Consume it 2-3 times on a daily basis.
4. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper is another natural home remedy for dry cough that you can find instantly at your house. It should be powdered before you follow the procedure.
- Cayenne powder and ginger powder should be put into one bowl.
- Pour honey and apple cider vinegar into it with one spoon for each.
- Lastly, 2-3 spoons of water should be added.
- The mixture should be consumed a few times per day to get the best results.
In addition to providing the body with many vitamins to improve immunity, grapes can easily eradicate the mucus in the throat. Therefore, this fruit can be considered as one of the best natural home remedies for dry cough without a doubt .
Each time you should eat 10-15 grapes or turn them into the juice to consume. Remember that adding honey can be supportive as well.
The irritation caused by dry cough can be significantly reduced if you apply the method of steam every day. It is one of the simplest ways to get rid of dry cough as what you need to prepare is only boiling water.
- Take a towel and cover your head with it.
- Place the boiling water under your face.
- Inhale the steam for several times.
Almond is one of the most effective natural home remedies for dry cough and it does not take much effort to use at all .
- Place some almonds under water before you go to bed.
- In the next morning, take them out and grind them to get a paste.
- You can combine it with butter before consuming.
If there is mucus in your throat and it causes the irritation, salt is absolutely one of the best natural home remedies, no matter what kind of problem you are suffering from, even some severe problems such as Oral Thrush.
- Simply take one spoon of salt into warm water.
- Wait until the salt dissolves totally in water.
- Use the salt water to gargle a few times per day.
9. Black Pepper
The use of black pepper is a great dry cough relief that you should be well aware of. With antioxidant quality, it can remove the phlegm quickly .
- Take one spoon of black pepper into hot water.
- Continue to put the mixture over the heat in at least 10 minutes.
- Honey can be added to help you get more beneficial nutrients.
- When the mixture is warm, consume it once or twice per day.
Prepare some clean basil leaves and turn them into a paste. Then, you have one of the best natural home remedies for dry cough. Next, you need to mix it with ginger powder and honey, if necessary. You should consume the mixture to get rid of mucus and dry cough as soon as possible.
Cinnamon is a natural antioxidant agent that can serve as one of the most effective home remedies for dry cough. An advantage of it is to improve the immune system significantly .
Read more about Proven Health Benefits of Cinnamon.
- Take cinnamon powder into the hot water.
- When it is warm, you can use it. It should be done several times per day.
Flaxseed is small, but its ability to help you get rid of dry cough should not be underestimated. It can be one of the best natural home remedies for dry cough .
- Take 2-3 spoons of flaxseeds into water.
- Put them over the heat and boil them until you see the mixture thick.
- Then, it should be strained.
- Choose either lemon juice or honey to supplement into the mixture.
- Now you can take one spoon of the mixture to get rid of dry cough quickly.
One of the most common symptoms of dry cough is to make it difficult to swallow anything, even water or your saliva. But you should not stop drinking enough water every day since this will lead to a condition known as dehydration. A sufficient intake of water will help expel the bacteria and virus from the throat and reduce the excess mucus.
The aniseed tea may be spicy, but it is absolutely powerful to eliminate the mucus and phlegm in the throat. Therefore, it is reasonable to make aniseed one of the most effective natural home remedies for dry cough.
- First you need to crush aniseeds.
- Put them into hot water and continue to steep the mixture in at least 5 minutes.
- Consume it slowly.
Like other natural home remedies for dry cough, thyme can be made into a tea which soothes your throat effectively. You can use either dried or fresh thyme .
- Place thyme in a mug.
- Pour hot water into it.
- The mug should be covered and steeped in about 10 minutes.
- You can use the mixture several times each day.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!