What is Dizziness?
Dizziness is a feeling as if everything is spinning around you and you are not able to balance. When you get dizzy, you can feel light headedness, unsteadiness or loss of balance and can cause fainting .
Symptoms of Dizziness
Dizziness is usually accompanied by some symptoms such as: incorrect sense of motion, vision changes, blind spots, headaches, and slow or irregular pulse. In some other cases, dizziness also includes symptoms: ringing in your ears, chest pain, weakness, nausea, vomiting, paleness, or loss of consciousness .
What causes dizziness?
Dizziness is not a disease but a symptom of other serious conditions including: anemia, low blood pressure, neurological disorders, heart stroke, head injuries and so on. Sometimes it is also caused by carsickness, excessive exercise, dehydration, hormonal changes or side effects from medications .
Here are the top 15 most effective home remedies for dizziness which you can easily try out at home in order to prevent dizziness as well as maintain strong and balance body health.
One of the best home remedies for dizziness is ginger. Ginger is very effective in stimulating blood flow to your brain and other parts of the body. Therefore, it can help you get rid of dizziness quickly .
How to use:
- When you get dizzy, chew on a small slice of fresh ginger in a few minutes to remove dizziness.
- Another alternative to prevent dizziness is to drink ginger tea several times daily.
Besides, ginger is also a good home remedy for a lot of other problems of the body. You can read more at: Home Remedies for Allergic Rhinitis to learn about ginger’s other benefits.
Lemon is a high source of Vitamin C, which can boost the immune system and quickly hydrate the body to keep the body energized and refreshed. So it is usually considered as a great home remedy for dizziness .
To get rid of dizziness with lemon, you can apply in the following way:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice with a pinch of black pepper powder and add this mixture to a glass of water.
- Add a little salt and drink it three times daily until the condition improves.
- Another alternative is to add lemon juice from a half lemon to a glass of water and add 2 teaspoons of sugar. Drink this mixture every day to get rid of dizziness.
Additionally, lemon is also used in getting rid of hangover. You can read more at: How to Get Rid of a Hangover.
Mustard is an excellent home remedy for dizziness due to its ability in increasing the blood circulation and keeping the body balance on your feet.
You can apply the following way to get rid of dizziness:
- Mix salt, pepper, vinegar and mustard in an equal proportion.
- Add this mixture to a glass of water and drink it several times a day.
In addition to this property, mustard also helps get rid of hematoma. You can read more at: How to Treat a Hematoma.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Being another efficient home remedy for dizziness, you can use apple cider vinegar in the following way to get rid of dizziness:
- Mix some apple cider vinegar with a little honey and drink this mixture every day to improve the condition.
To get rid of dizziness with this home remedy, you can try consuming yogurt daily. Almond and Pumpkin Seeds
How to use:
- Mix 3 tablespoons of wheat, 10-12 almonds and some pumpkin seeds and soak them in water over night.
- Grind them into a paste and add some cloves.
- Boil this mixture with some milk and drink it several times daily until the condition improves.
6. Indian Gooseberry (Amla)
Indian gooseberry is very effective as one of the home remedies for dizziness due to a high amount of vitamin A and C, which can boost your immune system, increase the blood circulation and prevent as well as get rid of dizziness.
You can apply this home remedy for dizziness in the following way:
- Grind 2 amla fruits into a paste and mix it with 2 teaspoons of coriander seeds.
- Add this mixture to a cup of water.
- Let it stand overnight and strain it in the next morning.
- Drink the water daily to have the best result.
How to use:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of honey with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and add this mixture to a glass of cold water.
- Drink it 2 times daily to get the positive result.
- Another alternative to get rid of dizziness is to mix 1 tablespoon each of honey and lemon juice and add them to a glass of warm water. Drink it whenever you get dizzy.
8. Gingko Biloba
Due to improving the blood circulation, gingko biloba is one of the top home remedies for dizziness .
To get rid of dizziness, you can consume this herb in form of tablet or liquid extract or dried leaf. You should take a dose from 120 to 150 mg of gingko biloba extract 3 times daily until the symptoms of dizziness relieve.
Feverfew can help relieve the symptoms of dizziness such as: headaches, nausea and vomiting, etc and increase blood circulation. Therefore, it has been acknowledged as one of the most excellent home remedies for dizziness .
How to use:
- Steep 1 teaspoon of dried feverfew leaves and 1 teaspoon of dried peppermint leaves in a cup of hot water. After 15 to 20 minutes, strain it and drink this tea daily until you see the positive result.
- Another alternative is to take a few feverfew leaves whenever you get dizzy to get rid of dizziness immediately.
It is not only a popular herb for cooking but also an extremely significant remedy for dizziness as well as many other body ailments. In order to cure dizziness, you can take couples of basil leaf into some boiling milk. After steeping for a while, consume the milk before sleeping will help cure dizziness for good.
11. Deep Breathing
Deep breathing is an extremely simple home remedy for dizziness because it helps bring a high amount of oxygen to the brain.
Whenever you get dizzy, you should apply the following way to get rid of dizziness immediately:
- Sit down and place one hand on your abdomen, place the thumb of one against another nostril and close your mouth.
- Inhale slowly through the open nostril and keep the air in your abdomen.
- Hold the breath in, close 2 nostrils and tighten your lips in 2 or 3 seconds.
- Breathe out slowly and extract all air from your abdomen.
- Repeat this home remedy 10 times.
12. Drink Water
Dehydration is a popular cause of dizziness. So one of the simple yet effective home remedies for dizziness is supply sufficiently water for your body.
When you get dizzy, you can drink a glass of water to recover the balance quickly. Besides, you should drink an adequate amount of water throughout the day.
13. Eat Something
A low blood sugar level as well as hunger can cause dizziness. So when you feel dizzy, you can try eating something to get rid of dizziness such as: snack, fruits, yogurt or roasted nuts like cashews, almonds, walnuts.
14. Simple Exercises
Some simple exercises such as: blinking your eyes rapidly, moving your neck clockwise and moving your eye balls in every direction are also great home remedies for dizziness whenever you get dizzy.
15. Healthy Diet
A diet includes foods high in iron, vitamin A, vitamin C, folic acid and fiber will contribute to prevent and relieve the symptoms of dizziness related anemia and low blood pressure.
If dizziness does not occur frequently, you should not worry too much. Applying 15 home remedies for dizziness will help you get rid of dizziness and improve the condition without seeing the doctors.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!