Nobody can deny the importance of the skin, especially in the world where the appearance is still highly appreciated. When it comes to the process of taking care of the skin, it is not all about the face, but other parts of the body also matter. As a consequence of the assumption that the face is the most important, many people are indifferent to thicker skin areas, such as the elbows and knees. That’s why they do not know to handle when there are dark elbows.
What causes Dark Elbows?
This problem may come from your habit of rubbing the elbows and knees too hard for a long period of time. Besides, it is also related to genetic factors. Sudden hormonal changes inside the body, for example, during the pregnancy period, can be responsible for the appearance of dark spots on the elbows. On the other hand, if your elbows are exposed to the sun too long, dark spots can emerge as well.
Some people, especially women, suffer a lot due to this problem. Nevertheless, what they do not know is that some natural ingredients in the kitchen can actually help you get rid of dark elbows. Their benefits have been proved for years, but you may be too indifferent to them.
Below are top 15 natural home remedies for dark elbows that you can easily apply at home and get expected result…
1. Mustard Oil
One of the best natural home remedies for dark elbows is mustard oil which can provide the skin with much moisture and many essential nutrients, such as linoleic, erucic and oleic acids. They all help the skin affected by dark elbows to become brighter. You should apply this method after taking a bath and repeat it several times on a daily basis.
- Get some drops of mustard oil over the elbows and knees.
- Massage these areas in at least 10 minutes and then, leave it dry naturally.
- Several hours later, use warm water and soap to wash the skin.
Thanks to its strong acidity, lemon is naturally bleaching and exfoliating. These two amazing qualities make lemon become one of the most effective natural home remedies for dark elbows. In addition, its considerable amount of vitamin C can eradicate the dead skin cells and speed up the healing process, which enables you to have a new bright skin. 
- Get the fresh lemon juice by crushing a lemon.
- The juice should be applied over the elbows and knees and you can massage the skin for some minutes.
- After 20 minutes, use warm water to wash the skin.
Despite its smell, onion is one of the simplest and most popular home remedies for dark elbows. Some people even put the fresh onion slices on the areas affected by dark elbows, but if you do not want to do so, there are still many ways to make use of onion.
- Take an onion and you should peel it.
- It should be grated into powder and apply it over the dark elbows.
- After 10 minutes, take warm water to wash the skin.
If combined with raw honey, turmeric can become one of the most wonderful natural home remedies for dark elbows. The mixture can even expel the impurities which you can wash away with water. Furthermore, honey provides much moisture to help the skin whiter .
You can check more benefits of turmeric on other parts of the body at 10 Benefits of Turmeric.
- Prepare powdered turmeric, raw honey and milk.
- Take one spoon of turmeric and honey into a glass of warm milk.
- The mixture should be put over the dark elbows.
- 20 minutes later, you can wash the skin with water.
The lactic acid in yogurt is extremely important in the dark elbow treatment. Therefore, you should use yogurt – a great natural home remedy for dark elbows – more frequently. Yogurt also helps the skin become smoother .
- You should take one spoon of unsweetened yogurt and mix it with an equal amount of white vinegar.
- Get the paste applied over the areas affected by dark elbows.
- When it becomes dry naturally, you can wash it with warm water.
6. Aloe Vera
Known as a very popular support in every single method of skin care, aloe vera can bring a lot of benefits for the condition of your skin in every part of the body. It can light the skin tone in a natural way and provide it with much moisture to stay hydrated all the time. This natural home remedy for dark elbows is suitable for those who get the problem due to sun exposure .
- Rub the gel directly over the dark elbows in 20 minutes.
- Then, use warm water to wash the skin.
Lemon is a great fruit in the dark elbow treatment, but it is definitely not the only one. You can try as many other fruits and vegetables as possible to improve the efforts to get rid of dark elbows. In fact, potato is one of the best home remedies for dark elbows as well. You can consume the potato juice to absorb its nutrients, and you can also apply it over the skin so that the skin itself can get the moisture more quickly.
There are some natural fats in butter that can speed up the dark elbow treatment. It is one of the simplest home remedies for dark elbows, isn’t it?
- Choose either cocoa butter or shea butter. Both of them can help your skin become lighter.
- Place it on the areas affected by dark elbows and massage the skin until there is no butter left.
- Keep it there for several hours before rinsing the skin with warm water.
You should follow this method before going to sleep every night.
Like other natural home remedies for dark elbows, papaya can provide moisture and nutrients to make the skin glower and smoother.
- Prepare small papaya slices.
- Some of them should be mashed and mixed with water.
- The paste you get can be applied over the dark elbows and kept there in 10 minutes.
- After that, use water to rinse the skin.
Another great source of lactic acid, besides yogurt, is milk. And undoubtedly, it serves as one of the greatest natural home remedies for dark elbows. When you apply the milk on the skin regularly, it will speed up the process of eliminating dead cells and growing new skin.
11. Coconut Oil
- Take one spoon of coconut oil and half a spoon of lemon juice to mix together.
- The mixture should be applied over the dark elbows.
- After half an hour, you can use a towel to remove the excess oil.
Both almonds and its oil can be made use of to accelerate the dark elbow treatment. Containing a considerable number of nutrients that are good for the skin, almonds can strengthen the well-being of your skin on the knees and elbows .
You should apply some drops of almond oil on the areas affected by dark elbows and massage them before hitting the sack every night.
Some volatile oils which are present in mint can stimulate the production of collagen which is important to enhance your skin. Mint is also one of the greatest ways to make your skin glower. Now, you know it is one of the best natural home remedies for dark elbows as well.
- Take some mint leaves into hot water and continue to boil it for 2-3 minutes.
- When it is cool, you take a cotton ball to dip into the mixture and apply it over the areas affected by dark elbows.
- After about 15 minutes, you use warm water to rinse the skin.
Although not considered as one of the most effective home remedies for dark elbows, drinking water will help you get the best benefits from other remedies. If your body experiences a deficiency of fluid, the skin will be damaged severely and hardly do the dark spots disappear easily .
You are not surprised, aren’t you? Cucumber has been used in the beauty industry for ages in order to get a healthy and beautiful skin. It can supply a great amount of moisture and it is really effective in eliminating impurities on the skin. Simply get some cucumber slices over the areas affected by dark elbows in at least 10 minutes every day and you will get rid of dark elbows shortly .
*Disclaim: The effectiveness from applying these natural tips will be depended on the body condition of the applicant.