In this article, we would like to introduce to you about a condition called Clogged Arteries together with its symptoms and causes as well as our recommended top 15 treatments that can help you deal with this problem at home.
What are Clogged Arteries?
Clogged arteries is the term used to described the condition that the artery toward brain or heart is deposited with fatty plague which lead to the restriction in flow of blood .
Due to this condition, the oxygen as well as nutrients which are carried by the blood cannot make it to the tissues and body organs. There will highly potential for severe damage as well as malfunction of organs.
What cause Clogged Arteries?
This condition is considered serious; however, it is difficult to detect and even hard to identify the exact cause. Nonetheless, according the experts, it might begin with the injuries or damages of the artery’s inner layer.
Also there are several factors which are responsible for this condition such as smoking excessively, diet with high fat, overweight with deficiency in physical activities, Type 1 and 2 diabetes as well as high levels of cholesterol and blood pressure. Furthermore, it can come from the inflammation which caused by diseases like infections, lupus or arthritis .
This condition will lead to various problems with health like peripheral, carotid or coronary artery disease as well as stroke and even heart attack.
Symptoms of Clogged Arteries
Usually, clogged arteries will not have any signs until the condition become serious. Then there will be symptoms such as angina, heart palpitations, breathlessness, dizziness, nausea with losing appetite, anxiety, weakness and sweating.
It is extremely important to have clogged arteries diagnosed timely as it will develop progressively yet slowly.
Here are the top 15 most effective home remedies for clogged arteries which are easy for you to apply at home in order to cure clogged arteries as well as improve your circulation and prevent cardiovascular diseases.
It is reported to be capable of relaxing blood vessels for almost 72% more effectively compared to a placebo. Moreover, it can even decrease the levels of cholesterol as well as lower the risk of getting strokes and heart attacks.
How to use:
- Take 3 chopped cloves of garlic into some boiling milk. Have it cooled down and consume every night before bedtime.
- Also have garlic included in your daily cooking as well as take the supplement of garlic but only after consulting the doctor.
The reason for turmeric to be considered one of the best ingredients in the list of home remedies for clogged arteries is because of its main component which is curcumin. It contains the anti-inflammatory together with antioxidant properties which is capable of inhibiting the formation of clots from blood platelets .
Furthermore, the extract of turmeric can even decrease the LDL (low-density lipoproteins aka bad cholesterol) levels and prevent its accumulation in your arteries. Also it is able to ease the blood vessel and lower the risk of having stroke and heart attack.
How to use:
- Take a teaspoon of its powder with a little bit of honey into some milk. Consume 1 to 2 times every day.
- Also you might take the supplement of turmeric for 400 – 600mg in 3 times every day but only after consulting the doctor.
- Another way is having the turmeric powder included in your daily cooking.
3. Cayenne Pepper
The capsaicin compound is the real reason for the appearance of cayenne pepper in the list of home remedies for clogged arteries. It is capable of inhibiting the oxidation of bad cholesterol (LDL). Thus the levels of bad cholesterol in your blood which are responsible for clogged arteries will be decreased. Furthermore, it can even improve the circulation of blood as well as lower the risk of getting stroke and heart attack .
How to use:
- Take ½ – 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper into some hot water. Consume 2 times every day for couples of week.
- Also you might take the supplement of cayenne. However, you need to consult the doctor first.
The high content of vitamin C which is considered the powerful antioxidant that is capable of normalizing blood pressure as well as soothing inflammation for arteries are the ultimate reason why lemon is highly recommended in the list of home remedies for clogged arteries. Moreover, it can even help you decrease the levels of cholesterol in your blood and clear arteries in order to avoid oxidative damage for blood stream .
How to use:
- Take some lemon juice into warm water together with a little bit of black pepper and honey. Consume 1 – 2 times every day for couples of week.
- Also you can take a tablespoon of lemon peels into some boiling water for about 20 minutes. Have it strained and put in some honey. Consume 1 cup for 3 to 4 times every day in couples of week.
The amazing compounds from ginger which are shogaols and gingerols are well-known for their cardiovascular benefits. It is significantly helpful in preventing buildup of plaque as well as decreasing the existing plaque through reduce total cholesterol together with inhibiting LDL oxidation. Therefore, it is not hard to see why ginger is included in the list of home remedies for clogged arteries .
How to use:
- Consume 2 to 3 cups of its tea per day. In order to prepare the tea, take a teaspoon of grated ginger into some hot water. Have it steeped for about 5 minutes then strained and put in some honey.
- Also you can take a piece of raw ginger to eat while your stomach is still empty every day as well as take capsules of ginger but only after consulting the doctor.
Note: In case ginger triggers heartburn or gastric upset as well as you are having gallstones or problems with gallbladder, avoid applying this tip.
6. Fenugreek Seeds
The saponins from fenugreek are incredible at decreasing the LDL cholesterol level. Furthermore, the high content of fiber from fenugreek is also a major component in the reduction of bad-cholesterol levels. That is why fenugreek can make the list of home remedies for clogged arteries .
How to use:
- Take a teaspoon of these seeds to soak in water through the night. Next morning, consume those seeds with some water while your stomach is still empty.
- Another way is taking a teaspoon of these seeds into some boiling water for approximately 5 minutes. Then have it strained and put in some honey. Consume 1 to 2 times every day.
- Perform every day for couples of month.
7. Red Yeast Rice
This ingredient from the list of home remedies for clogged arteries can remarkably help you unblock arteries while lowering the risk of getting heart attack. The natural monacolins from red yeast rice is totally capable of reducing the level of LDL cholesterol .
Furthermore, with isoflavones, stigmasterol, campesterol, beta-sitosterol, phytosterols and numerous other trace minerals, red yeast rice is your perfect choice for improving cardiovascular health.
How to use:
- Have red yeast rice cooked and consumed similar to other brown and white rice.
- Another way is taking tablets of red yeast rice for 1200mg in 2 times per day together with meals. However, you will need to consult the doctor for suitable dosage.
Within the list of home remedies for flaxseeds, this ingredient is acknowledged as the greatest source for ALA or alpha-linoleic acid which is capable of decreasing blood pressure as well as inflammation. Thus, it will clear arteries from obstructions and promote the health of heart. Additionally, fiber from flaxseeds will chain to LDL cholesterol and unclog your arteries .
You can consume 2 to 4 tbsps. of grounded flaxseeds every day in order to clear arteries which are clogged. Also take a tablespoon of grounded flaxseeds into juices, smoothies and soups. You might have some grounded flaxseeds sprinkled onto baked goods and salads.
The richness of antioxidant phytochemicals is what makes pomegranate an ideal choice for you from the list of home remedies for clogged arteries. It will help your circulatory system avoid damaging oxidation which is the cause of blood clots as well as accumulation of plaque within your arteries. Furthermore, this fruit will even improve the nitric oxide production in your blood which will make arteries open and control blood pressure .
How to use:
- Consume 1 – 2 pomegranates freshly every day.
- You might also consume some extracted juice from pomegranate freshly once every day.
This tip from the list of home remedies for clogged arteries is the one that you should definitely follow in order to ease the stiff clogged arteries. With proper exercises and healthy diet, you can improve the strength of heart as well as avoid heart diseases. Moreover, it is an excellent method for losing excessive weight and maintaining healthiness .
How to do:
- Perform some aerobic exercises such as jumping rope, bicycling, jogging and walking for improving the strength of heart and promoting cardiovascular health.
- Also have few cardiovascular exercises included in the routine in order to promote healthy heart and clear arteries.
- Practice some deep breathing and yoga in order to relax and get rid of stress.
Have the doctor consulted about suitable exercises for your specific condition.
This herb from the list of home remedies for clogged arteries has been applied since ancient times. It is capable of stimulating heart functions as well as encouraging circulation of blood. It can even ease blood vessels and strengthen your heart through controlling the blood supply toward heart. Thus it will be the advantage for free flow of blood while making it more difficult for blocks to form in your arteries .
The quercetin and rutin which are the polyphenols contain the antioxidant property that is extremely beneficial for your cardiovascular health. They are able to prevent the accumulation of plaque in your blood vessels and control heartbeat. Your blood vessels will also be dilated and the peripheral vascular resistance will also be reduced.
This herb will help you control both triglyceride and LDL levels. It is recognized as an adaptogen in the list of home remedies for clogged arteries which is capable of dissolving cholesterol accumulated in your arteries flushing them through blood stream toward kidney for removal as waste.
The eugenol contained in basil is supposed to be in charge of decreasing serum cholesterol as well as upholding your lipid profile. The antioxidant property from it will support the prevention of LDL oxidation which will lower the Al levels. Moreover, it considerably promotes the cardiac-antioxidant enzymes’ activity which will help you avoid atherosclerosis as well as other heart diseases. Even better, it will help strengthen muscles in heart and improve circulation of blood.
13. Green Tea
The polyphenols and flavonoids from green tea are what make it a powerful antioxidant in the list of home remedies for clogged arteries. It is capable of maintaining the healthiness for endothelium tissues as well as preventing the formation of blood clot and clearing your clogged arteries. It also can make your arteries widen and improve the function of blood vessels which will help you avoid deposition of fat within your arteries .
Furthermore, it can lower the level of bad cholesterol and prevent any abnormal formation of blood clot or thrombosis. It can even hinder the LDL oxidation while regenerating cells in heart and body as well as keeping cells from dying. Even better, it can accelerate the heart cells’ regeneration after having heart attack as well as assist you in controlling blood pressure, weight and cholesterol better.
14. Ginkgo Biloba
This herb will help you stimulate circulation of blood and decrease claudication. The circulation of blood is enhanced because of the blood vessels’ dilation. Also it will decrease the blood’s stickiness. Moreover, it is well-known for possessing strong anti-inflammatory property as well as being an effective circulatory stimulant, especially brilliantly relieving the legs’ arteries which are clogged .
The antioxidant property from this herb will support you in combating against free radical and avoid damage for cardiovascular system. It is the best at preventing atherosclerosis and the symptoms of arteriosclerosis as well as heart diseases particularly for diabetic patients.
The last tip from the list of home remedies for clogged arteries belongs to guggul. Last but not least, it is totally capable of reducing cholesterol and stimulating good cholesterol in your body. It is even considered the most effective herb for atherosclerosis. With great antioxidant property, it can support you in preventing cholesterol’s oxidation as well as subsequently inhibiting the arteries from hardening.
Moreover, it will decrease stickiness in blood platelets which is another factor contributed to heart diseases and clogged arteries.
- Keep out of processed and junk foods. Avoid consuming fried red meat because it might make your arteries clog.
- Quit smoking.
- Keep out of alcoholic beverages.
- Practice mediation for alleviating stress.
- Have beans as well as whole-grain products included in your daily diet.
- Consume more fruits which have bright colors like mangos, oranges, blueberries, watermelon, tomatoes and butternut squash.
- Take some sunbath in the early morning in order to obtain vitamin D for decreasing the stiffness of arteries.
- Consume 2 to 3 tbsps. every day of extra-virgin coconut oil in order to decrease the buildup of plaque in your arteries.
- Consume 1 – 2 glasses every day of organic cranberry juice in pure in order to protect and strengthen your heart.
- Have your foods cooked using extra-virgin olive oil in order to make use of its excellent effect on the levels of cholesterol as well as oxidative stress for your blood stream.
- Consume 100 – 300mcg of the vitamin B12 every day but only after consulting the doctor.
- Consume at least 2 portions of cold-water fish such as tuna, trout, herring, mackerel and salmon every week.
- Take supplement of omega-3 but only after consulting the doctor.
- Restrain on the sugar intake and foods which can increase the level of blood sugar.
- Consume some walnuts every day for the purpose of unclogging arteries
*Disclaim: The effectiveness from applying these natural tips will be depended on the body condition of the applicant.