What is Candida?
The fungus Candida albicans is the culprit behind a lot of common ailments such as yeast infection of women, skin infection, thrush and diaper rash of infants. They all happen because of the overgrowth of that yeast fungus .
Even though, those conditions are not serious, it is necessary to have Candida infection treated as soon as possible. Besides alleviating discomforts, having treatment early will also decrease the risk of spreading infection as well as your vulnerability of other more severe conditions .
Candida can found mostly on your skin as well as inside your mouth and gastrointestinal tract but harmless. For women, it can found in the vagina as well.
Nonetheless, if there is a Candida overgrowth which trigger the candidiasis as well as symptoms such as redness and intense itching. This problem will take negative impact on the skin, vagina, urinary tract, stomach and mouth .
- For mouth, it might cause thrush which is the white and creamy patch or coating inside your mouth.
- For skin, it will trigger blisters and rashes and skin folds are the most vulnerable locations.
- Also the yeast infections of vagina will bring itchiness as well as white and cottage-cheese-like discharge.
There are numerous factors which can raise the risk of getting Candida infection such as bacterial infection with weak immune system, long-term antibiotics used, pregnancy or even birth control pills.
Also the infection does often occur on people who are diabetes. Furthermore, the Candida fungi are believed to thrive better in moist and warm areas.
Having chronic infections of Candida will make you incur lightheadedness with fatigue, irritability and even poor memory.
Here are the top 15 most effective home remedies for Candida which are simple for you to apply at home in order to control the growth of those fungus as well as strengthen your immune system.
It is no doubt that garlic will claim the first spot on the list of home remedies for Candida. Containing numerous sulfur-containing compounds which have excellent antifungal property, garlic can help you fight against infections of Candida effectively .
How to use:
- Include garlic in your daily diet such as consume 2 – 4 cloves of raw garlic per day. Also have the cloves crushed before consuming will be more beneficial.
- Also you might take supplement of garlic with general suggestion of 600 – 900mg/day.
- Another way is taking some crushed cloves of garlic to apply directly onto the affected area.
2. Coconut Oil
This oil is the most brilliant one in the list of home remedies for Candida as it contains the medium-chain fatty acids which are capric, caprylic and lauric acid. They are extremely efficient in treating candidiasis .
The antimicrobial property from those saturated fat can eliminate Candida fungi without triggering the development of Candida strain which increase the resistance of them against other antifungal remedies.
How to use:
- Take some coconut oil and apply directly onto the affected area for 3 to 4 times per day.
- Also you might include coconut oil in your diet daily. You can begin with a teaspoon every day and slowly increasing until reaching the dosage of 3 teaspoons a day.
The probiotics from yogurt is what make it valuable in the list of home remedies for Candida, especially the one contains live cultures. The lactobacillus acidophilus culture from yogurt is famous for controlling Candida yeast through the production of lactic acid .
How to use:
- Include plain yogurt which contains lactobacillus acidophilus in your diet daily.
- In order to treat yeast infection of vagina, you can take a tampon and dip in yogurt then insert into the vagina. Perform 2 times per day.
4. Tea Tree Oil
How to use:
- In case of yeast infection at vagina, take some drops of tea tree oil onto a tampon and have it inserted into the vagina. Have it replaced every 4 hours.
- In case of oral thrush, take 5 – 7 drops of tea tree oil into some water and use the solution to gargle for couples of minute twice every day. Also avoid swallowing the solution.
5. Oregano Oil
The carvacrol compound from oregano oil is remarkable at inhibiting the growth of Candida yeast. Also with antimicrobial and antifungal properties, it is not hard to see why oregano oil is included in the list of home remedies for Candida .
How to use:
- Take 3 drops of oregano oil with a tablespoon of coconut oil to mix together. Use the mixture to apply directly onto the affected area for couples of hour. Perform every day.
- Another way is taking 3 drops of oregano oil into some water. Consume that solution twice every day for couples of day up to 1 week.
- Also you can take the capsule supplement of oregano oil twice per day after each meal. Perform for at least 2 months.
Remember to choose the type of oregano oil which has no alcohol and rich in carvacrol.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
The capability of balancing the pH in your body is enough to put apple cider vinegar in the list of home remedies for Candida. Moreover, it is also rich of enzymes which area able to manage Candida. It will bring out undesired environment for those fungi and stimulate the healthy bacteria in the gut to improve the balance of flora at intestinal tract .
How to use:
- Take a tablespoon of raw organic vinegar into some water. Consume slowly before each meal. Perform every day. The symptoms might be intense in the first couples of day because of the dying yeast; however it will get better after that.
- Also you might apply directly the vinegar onto the affected area as well as have a cup of vinegar into a warm bath and soak your body for at least 15 minutes. Perform every day for couples of day.
7. Olive Leaf
The potent antifungal property is what makes olive leaf worth a spot in the list of home remedies for Candida. Furthermore, the compound name oleuropein has the ability of stimulating the immunity .
How to use:
- Prepare the tea by take 1 to 2 teaspoons of this herb into some boiling water for at least 15 minutes. Consume 2 to 3 cups per day.
- Also you might take the extract of olive leaf for 250 – 500mg in 3 times per day.
- Even when the infection is healed, keep consuming the tea every day in order to prevent recurrence.
With arbutin compound, cranberries is considered the simplest tip from the list of home remedies for Candida .
How to use:
- Consume some un sweeten juice of cranberry for 2 to 3 times per day in couples of weeks.
- Also you might take the tablet supplement of cranberry for 2 to 3 times per day.
Therefore, you need to add cinnamon in your daily diet. You can include it in the yogurt or French toast for breakfast, or even in tea.
The recommended dosage for this spice is 1 – 4 grams/day with 1 gram similar to ¼ to ½ teaspoon. For cinnamon oil, you can take about 0.05 – 0.2 grams/day. Perform for 1 to 2 months.
10. Black Walnut
The high levels of tannins which contain astringent and antifungal properties as well as juglone which is an active ingredient with antibiotic and antifungal properties is the qualification of black walnut in order to present in the list of home remedies for Candida. For treatment, you might take the either capsules or extract.
This herb is extremely beneficial for the treatment of both severe and mild infection of Candida. Furthermore, it can help you improve immunity and purify the blood. Together with antibiotic property, it is understandable why Echinacea is here in the list of home remedies for Candida. For treatment, you can take 2 to 3ml of extract from Echinacea daily .
12. Pau D’Arco
This herb is strongly effective against conditions related to Candida. With antibiotic and antiviral properties, this herb has been applied for ages in treatment of lupus, yeast, diabetes, ulcers and cancer. However, its main function is fighting against the infections of yeast by eliminating Candida. You can take this herb by preparing some tea for 2 to 3 times every day.
Containing the berberine compound which possesses antibiotic and antiviral properties, this herb can effectively destroy Candida as well as improving the efficiency of other traditional medications, thus help you reduce the dosages and side effects greatly. That is the most important factor which makes goldenseal a valuable tip in the list of home remedies for Candida .
The ester saponins compound in goldenrod also has formidable antibiotic property which is totally capable of eliminating Candida. You can take this herb to apply directly onto your affected area or even prepare some tea. For the tea, you just need to take about 1 to 2 teaspoons of this herb into some boiling water for 10 minutes. Then have it strained and consume twice every day.
The last tip and also the last herb for the list of home remedies for Candida is triphala. It is capable of detoxifying toxins in the body. With antibacterial and antifungal properties, it is not hard to this herb to get rid of Candida. You can take triphala either directly or in capsules and powder. You just need to take ½ teaspoon of its powder to consume with some water. However, you might need to lower the dosage in case your stomach is upset .
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!