One simple fact is that the condition of your nails tells a lot about your well-being. And although you may cover them with nail polish, the situation only gets worse and worse. In this article, Authority Remedies will present top 15 natural home remedies for brittle nails to help you get healthy nails.
Brittle nails refer to the condition in which your nails are cracked or split. Normally the appearance of brittle nails just aims to inform you of some bad points in your daily habits. Meanwhile, it can represent the symptoms of some severe problems, such as jaundice or even heart disease .
What Causes Brittle Nails
There are many causes for brittle nails, but we can examine three of them. First, brittle nails are more likely to happen when we get older. Second, those who overuse nail polish seem to struggle with this problem more frequently. Third, if your nails are exposed to water for long periods of time, they may become brittle as well .
On the other hand, brittle nails can be caused by dehydration or a deficiency of nutrition.
From these causes of brittle nails, you can realize that it is actually simple to get rid of brittle nails at home without using any drug or special equipment. Some natural ingredients can make a great difference in the brittle nails treatment.
Below are top 15 natural home remedies for brittle nails that provide you strong effects to instantly eliminate the problem.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
One of natural home remedies for brittle nails that makes it to the top of the list is apple cider vinegar. You can find many essential nutrients in this vinegar, from potassium and magnesium to iron and calcium. Its richness of vitamins should not be forgotten as well. All of these nutrients are super effective to make up for the nutritional deficiency that causes brittle nails.
- You should dilute this vinegar first by combining two equal parts of it and water.
- Have your brittle nails soaked in the mixture for several minutes.
You can apply this method once per day.
2. Coconut Oil
It is a considerable amount of saturated fat found in coconut oil that makes this natural oil become one of the best natural home remedies for brittle nails. It provides much moisture to protect your nails from being dry and weak.
- You should prepare warm coconut oil.
- Rub some drops of it over brittle nails and you can massage them in about 5 minutes.
Alternatively, you can prepare a mixture of coconut oil and lemon juice to have your nails soaked in it for approximately 10 minutes. It is recommended to do so before you hit the sack.
3. Lemon Juice
The combination of lemon juice and coconut oil is great, but the lemon juice can be a great natural home remedy for brittle nails itself.
- A lemon should be squeezed to get the fresh juice.
- Take a cotton pad to dip in the juice and put it over the brittle nails for several minutes.
- Then, use warm water to wash the nails.
Another way to get rid of brittle nails is that you can put your nails immediately into the mixture of lemon juice and water.
4. Tea Tree Oil
When the brittle nails result from the fungus, tea tree oil can be considered as one of the most effective natural home remedies for brittle nails. With antiseptic quality, this oil can prevent fungal infection effectively. Besides, it helps your nails get healthy color again .
- Apply tea tree oil over the brittle nails.
- Half an hour later, use warm water to wash the nails.
To get rid of brittle nails as soon as possible, you ought to apply this remedy twice per day.
5. Olive Oil
Olive oil is another great natural home remedy for brittle nails as it can increase the moisture in your nails. When combining olive oil and lemon juice, you will have one of the best methods to get rid of brittle nails.
- One spoon of olive oil should be mixed with several drops of lemon juice.
- Get the mixture applied over the brittle nails and you can do some massage.
This remedy should be applied before you go to bed and in the morning, you should wash it with warm water.
Salt can provide the nails with a high number of minerals which play an important role in keeping your nails healthy and shine.
- Take about 2 spoons of salt and pour it into warm water.
- You can pour a few drops of a natural essential oil, such as olive oil, to get the best results.
- Have your brittle nails soaked in the mixture.
- After 10-15 minutes, you should use warm water to wash them.
It is recommended that you rub hand cream over the nails after applying this method.
As many people suffer from brittle nails because of lack of some nutrients, such as calcium, why don’t they think of great sources of calcium to make up for it? Undeniably, milk is full of calcium and therefore, it can be seen as one of the most effective natural home remedies for brittle nails.
Simply have your nails soaked in warm milk and keep them there in approximately 5 minutes to get rid of brittle nails quickly. Milk also helps your nails look white and shining.
Beer is another surprising natural home remedy for brittle nails. Your nails can get a lot of essential nutrients from beer, such as potassium or phosphorus. Besides, the presence of biotin in beer is highly appreciated in the brittle nails treatment.
- Take ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar to combine with half a cup of beer.
- Dip your nails into the mixture in about 10 minutes.
9. Blackstrap Molasses
As mentioned above, when there is a shortage of iron in your body, it will be shown by the emergence of brittle nails. Therefore, you should look for a great source of iron to get rid of brittle nails as soon as possible. And blackstrap molasses can meet your need perfectly. It is one of the best natural home remedies for brittle nails.
- Take one spoon of blackstrap molasses to mix with warm milk.
- Consume it 2-3 times per day and you should keep doing so in at least several weeks.
However, people who suffer from diabetes are not suggested to use this remedy.
10. Egg Yolk
Egg yolk is another natural rich source of calcium and it can enable you to deal with one of the main cause of brittle nails. You should use egg yolk with milk to maximize the benefits in the brittle nails treatment.
- Prepare an egg yolk and 2 spoons of milk.
- Mix them well.
- Use the mixture to rub over the brittle nails and massage them.
- After 20 minutes, you ought to use warm water to wash the nails.
The presence of silica in horsetail is the main reason why it appears in the list of top natural home remedies for brittle nails. Silica is super beneficial for the growth of new and healthy nails. In addition, horsetail is also popular in treating white spots in the nails .
- Mix 2 spoons of dried horsetail into boiling water.
- Continue to steep the mixture in about 10 minutes.
- Wait until the mixture is cool and have your nails soaked in it.
- After 20 minutes, your nails should be patted dry.
After the application of horsetail, you should use some olive oil over the nails to increase the moisture.
12. Vitamin E Oil
Another common cause for brittle nails is dehydration resulting from the insufficiency of fluid. It may cause your nails to become dry and as a result, easy to be cracked. Besides drinking enough water every day, you can use vitamin E oil to get rid of brittle nails. Containing some nutrients, vitamin E oil is a great natural home remedy for brittle nails.
You can rub vitamin E oil over the nails several times per day to get the best results.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!