- What is Bedwetting?
- What causes Bedwetting?
- 1. Cinnamon
- 2. Indian Gooseberry
- 3. Massage
- 4. Cranberry Juice
- 5. Walnut and Raisin
- 6. Bladder Exercises
- 7. Honey
- 8. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 9. Mustard Seeds
- 10. Jaggery
- 11. Fennel Seeds
- 12. Banana
- 13. Pumpkin Seeds
- 14. Parents Attitude and Support
- 15. Appreciation and Reward
What is Bedwetting?
It is the term used to describe a fairly common problem of small children as well as infants. It is the state of releasing urine unknowingly during sleeping.
Even though, it is embarrassing and frustrating, bedwetting can happen to kids up to 6 years old.
What causes Bedwetting?
The cause is definitely not laziness but rather because of small bladder or late bladder maturation, excessive production of urine or urinary tract infection (UTI), sometimes stress and chronic constipation as well as imbalance of hormone can also be the causes .
Additionally, some kids who are heavy sleepers which make it hard for their brain to receive the signal from a full bladder. Moreover, most of the cases of bedwetting are due to inherited genes.
Bedwetting can stop as kids grow up; however, it can embarrass your children and make them shy and afraid of social activities like slumber parties.
Here are top 15 most effective home remedies for bedwetting which you can apply for your kids easily in order to help them stop bedwetting as well as boost up their confidence.
The first and simplest from home remedies for bedwetting is cinnamon. By keeping the body warm, it will reduce the chance of bedwetting.
How to use:
- Take a stick of cinnamon for your kids to chew once per day.
- Take some sugar together with cinnamon powder to put on toast. Have your kids have this toast for breakfast.
For more information about the benefits and applications of cinnamon as a home remedy, please read: Proven Health Benefits of Cinnamon.
2. Indian Gooseberry
The first fruit in the list of home remedies for bedwetting is Indian Gooseberry. It is believed to be the most effective treatment of bedwetting for your kids.
How to use:
- Take 2 Indian gooseberries and remove the seeds. Crush them with a tablespoon of honey and some turmeric. Have your kids consume 1 tablespoon of this mixture once per day in the morning.
- Another way is having your kids consume a teaspoon of mixture made of Indian gooseberry pulp and a bit of powder from black pepper.
The easiest one from natural remedies for bedwetting which you can give your kids anytime is massaging. You can take some olive oil and warm it up. Then use it to massage the lower abdomen of your kids for couples of minute. Perform from time to time until there are positive results.
4. Cranberry Juice
This remedy is probably favored by kids and one of the highly recommended tips from those home remedies for bedwetting.
Although, liquid should not be consumed for a short time before sleeping, cranberry juice can be given to your kids for at least an hour before they sleep. Perform every day for couples of week.
In case, bedwetting is caused by urinary infection, have your kids drink ½ cup of juice 3 times per day.
Besides treating bedwetting problems, cranberry juice is also rather effective at curing vomiting condition. You can learn more about cranberry at: Home Remedies for Vomiting.
5. Walnut and Raisin
These snacks can make the list of natural remedies for bedwetting; therefore, you should not overlook its effect in decrease the bedwetting frequency.
How to use:
- Have your kids consume 5 raisins and 2 walnuts before sleeping.
- Perform for couples of week until there are positive results.
6. Bladder Exercises
Within the list of home remedies for bedwetting, this method is the most essential and practical as it can help you improve the capacity of bladder as well as strengthen the muscle that controls urine release .
How to use:
- You can have your kids practice exercises for muscle-strengthening which help tightening the pelvic muscles. First make your kids hold position for about 5 to 10 seconds then take rest for about 5 seconds. Perform the exercise 10 times for 3 turns per day.
- You can encourage your kids to hold it in when they feel like going to the bathroom. Even though, this tip will be more effective against daytime wetting accidents, it can help decrease the frequency of bedwetting accidents. This exercise will train bladder to keep a larger amount of urine without making the kids to feel the urge, which help kids restrain the urge for couple of minute more day by day.
Note: It is not recommended to always hold it in for a long while as bladder can become the nest for bacteria to grow and develop.
The home remedies for bedwetting cannot leave out the versatile ingredient – honey. It is easy to take for kids due to its sweet taste.
How to use:
- Have your kids consume a teaspoon before bed.
- Also have your kids consume milk mixed with some raw honey in breakfast.
Aside from bedwetting problems, honey can also help you treat another problem related to bed which is snoring. If you want to know to get rid of snoring with honey, please read: Home Remedies for Snoring.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar
Another potent ingredient that you should definitely apply for your kids from the home remedies for bedwetting is apple cider vinegar. It can balance the pH level in your kids’ body and decrease the level of acid which cause this problem. Furthermore, it can treat constipation and detoxify the body altogether.
How to use:
- Take 2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar into some water.
- Add in some honey based on taste.
- Have your kids consume the mixture each meal.
Plus, apple cider vinegar is also well known for its ability to treat shingles. Read more about the detail at Home Remedies for Shingles.
9. Mustard Seeds
For kids who have bedwetting problems due to urinary tract infection, there is one tip from home remedies for bedwetting that are extremely effective, which is mustard seeds.
How to use:
- Take ½ teaspoon of mustard seeds into some warm milk.
- Have your kids consume the milk at least an hour before bed.
The warm effect it brings for your kids’ body is the reason why it makes into the list of home remedies for bedwetting. Similar to cinnamon, it can help warm up the body, thus get rid of bedwetting problem.
How to use:
- Have your kids eat a piece of jaggery together with milk every morning.
- After an hour, you can have your kids consume some roasted sesame seeds and celery seeds with a bit of rock salt.
- Perform every day for 2 months.
11. Fennel Seeds
If you are wondering how to get rid of bedwetting, you should have your kids take some warm milk with a teaspoon of fennel seeds and 2 tablespoons of syrup. Perform every day for your kids in order to improve the treatment of bedwetting.
Another way for how to get rid of bedwetting is that you encourage your kids to eat 2 to 3 bananas per day as it can significantly improve bedwetting treatment of your kids.
13. Pumpkin Seeds
The diuretic functions from pumpkin seeds can promote the production of urine while they are not awake. Therefore, this treatment of bedwetting should be used in daytime in order to encourage the urine production so that your kids can practice bladder muscles more during the day.
14. Parents Attitude and Support
It is extremely important to not scold your kids when there are bedwetting accidents. Instead, you should be gentle and explain to them it is a common problem and they can fix it themselves. After understanding, they will be ready to perform those home remedies for bedwetting in order to quickly get rid of this problem .
15. Appreciation and Reward
Kids are easy to be pleased and will try their best in order to be appreciated. Therefore, you can give promise that the kids will be rewarded if they can keep their bed dry. It will be much easier if the kids are willing to perform on their own and they will make the best effort to not wet their bed so that they can get rewards. However, you need to keep promise to avoid reverse effects.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!