Table of Contents
Bad breath is not a fatal disease. However, it has a huge influence on your life, social relationship and affects a discomfort to your partners. Let find out more information about this ailment.
What causes Bad Breath?
In most cases, the cause of bad breath comes from the mouth – and most of them stem from the end of the tongue. Your tongue is like a thick carpet that the odor-causing bacteria reside in the tiny holes of the carpet there. There are about 600 different types of bacteria living in your mouth, and they create a lot of different smell .
Here are the common reasons:
- Dry mouth
This is the leading cause. Saliva helps cleanse and moisten the mouth, but when there is not enough saliva, dead cells accumulate on the tongue, gums and inside the cheeks, then will decompose and create odors. This explains why your breath is often most severe in the morning since your mouth dries out during sleeping.
- Other diseases
Sometimes, bad breath is also a mirror that reflects your illness. ENT diseases like sinusitis, tonsillitis, pharyngitis are a companion of halitosis. They generate more than the normal bacteria in the mouth making the mouth smelly.
This also happened the same with bronchitis and other upper respiratory infections. If you suffer from constipation or problems related to stomach, then your breath is not the most pleasant. Pneumonia often causes chronic and smelly bad breath.
Those who follow carbohydrate-low diets low are often susceptible to halitosis. Besides, eating smelly foods like onions, garlic breath makes you not be aromatic.
The amount of oil in the two spices infused into the blood, leading to lung and released slowly through the breath. It took 24 hours, the smell of fresh garlic and onion disappears.
Smoking causes dry mouth and creates a very unpleasant smell. People who smoke often suffer from gum disease – which also causes bad breath mouth.
After perceiving the reasons leading to this ailment, you easily treat your disease.
Here are top 10 home remedies for bad breath that you should give a try to completely get rid of this embarrassment.
Fennel functions as an optimal home remedies for bad breath that gives you a helping hand in preventing the problem. Moreover, it also consists of anti-fungal agents that confront with the bacteria in the mouth .
Gradually, chew a tablespoon of fennel to make your breath fragrant and push up the production of saliva.
Or, you can take fennel juice per day by dilute one teaspoon of dried fennel into a cup of hot water.
It is reckoned as one of the simple tips on how to get rid of bad breath.
Cinnamon comprises cinnamon aldehyde, necessary oil that both covers up bad breath and eases the level of fungi in your mouth. To confront with the annoyance, implement this home remedy for bad breath two times per day .
- Heat up one teaspoon of cinnamon powder in a cup of water.
- You can supplement several bay leaves and cardamom.
- Use it to wash off your mouth.
- Your breath will be fresh after a short time.
Or, you can take advantage of the use of cinnamon to treat sleeplessness. Read more: Home Remedies for Insomnia.
As you can see, bad breath mainly is caused by the harmful bacteria. With the rich amount of anti-swollen and anti-fungal agents, this ingredient makes a great home remedy for bad breath that can treat this ailment caused by catarrhal infections.
- Dissolve a handful of fenugreek into a glass of boiled water.
- Drink it and spit out until your situation improves.
Fenugreek is reckoned as one of multifunctional ingredient to help with various problems. You can find out more at Home Remedies for Bacterial Vaginosis.
Simple, eat some cloves. Your bad breath will disappear immediately.
Another option is that pour some clove powder into a pot of hot water and boil up. Let it cool down. Use it as a mouthwash. Your issue will enhance dramatically.
If your children are suffering from head lice, you can use it to treat. Refer at: Home Remedies For Head Lice.
Parsley consists of chlorophyll, which can be a great home remedy for bad breath to keep your breath neutral.
Chew some organic parsley or soak it into some vinegar and enjoy it.
Or, you can take the parsley juice. It is good for both your breath and digestive system. Read more: Home Remedies For Indigestion
6. Lemon Juice
With the anti-fungal and anti-viral agents, the acidic level in this fruit impedes development of harmful factors in your mouth. Moreover, its powerful fragrant smell assists you in dispelling the terrible odor.
Drink lemon juice after each mea. You can add more salt. This method is good for not only fresh breath, but also weight loss.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Because of its pH controlling agents, this ingredient makes an excellent home remedy for bad breath .
Dissolve some teaspoons of apple cider vinegar into a cup of water. Drink it after each meal. Similar to lemon juice, it can help you eliminate bad breath and reduce extra weights.
Gargle your mouth with this liquid after brushing your teeth.
It is considered as one of the optimal home remedies for bad breath.
Besides, it is used as a beautification tips on get rid of sunburn. Read more: Home Remedies for Sunburn.
8. Baking Soda
Baking soda, also thought as bicarbonate of soda, is another optimal mixture for throwing away and impeding this ailment. It assists you in keeping the amount of acid which lead to bad breath. Additionally, it confronts with dental fungi that harm to your fresh breath .
- Dilute some baking soda and wash off your mouth with this liquid daily.
- Using baking soda as a tooth paste will also give you a helping hand in decreasing the acid concentration in your mouth and impeding fungi from creating in your tongue.
Beside making a wonderful home remedy for bad breath, you can take advantage of baking soda in get rid of toenail fungus. Read more: Home Remedies For Toenail Fungus.
9. Tea Tree Oil
- Opt the tea tree oil-extracted tooth paste to brush your teeth.
- Or, drop tea tree oil on your toothbrush associated with your common toothpaste.
- Another way is dissolve this oil into a glass of fresh water. Use it as a mouthwash.
In addition to bad breath, onion breath is also a problem. If you are contracing this disturbing matter, tea tree oil is such a wise choice to get rid of it. Read more on Home Remedies for Onion Breath.
All wholesome teas can also aid in confronting with bad breath. The anti-inflammatory polyphenols present in herbal tea can prevent the development of bacteria causing bad breath .
Dilute dried tea into a cup of boiled water and enjoy it.
How to get rid of bad breath:
- Brush your teeth regularly: regular oral hygiene is the most effective measures you can prevent bad breath. Brushing your teeth regularly and properly will eliminate plaque and food residing in the teeth to reduce odor causing bacteria
- Eat fruits and vegetables regularly: While some foods cause bad breath, some fruits and vegetables can actually slightly fight against odor. Celery, carrots and apples are rich in vitamin C preventing gum disease and killing odor-causing bacteria. The fiber-rich fruits and vegetables also help fight bad breath.
- Eat foods such as parsley, mint, and cinnamon: Oils of these foods may help repel bad breath. Some other foods also have the same effect as coriander or cilantro, vegetables tarragon, eucalyptus, rosemary and cardamom.
- Drink water: Water is necessary for the body and is very important to avoid bad breath. Humidity in the mouth helps to keep the mouth clean. Moisture from drinking water also dilutes and washes away the substances that bacteria in the mouth produce.
- Clean your tongue.
- Chew sugarless gum.
- Regularly replace the brush: From 3 to 4 months you should replace teeth brush once. An old toothbrush contains a lot of bacteria. This is a way to reduce odors in the mouth.
With the help of natural ingredients available in your kitchen, you can treat your ailment. However, if the above home remedies for bad mouth can curb your situation, you should go to visit your doctor, because you may catch a serious disease.
Try to mix some tips on how to get rid of bad breath at the same time to get better results.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!